Emperor's Chosen 30k EC blog (Imperial knight WIP+Solomon)

That base is more awesome. Truly happy that you took my suggestion, i think it looks great. In it's current position, that contemptor is doomed, i think i would pose him as you suggest, looking away for another target, perhaps with it's weapon pointing toward another treat. Since he's on Istvan he doesn't have much time to enjoy a kill. 

Further Update:

I have decided to convert the Imperial Knight a bit more as he will intend to be promoted to Seneschal.

Having leftover weapons from a Crusader Leviathan.. I use as a warhound ( call him a bigger brother )

What are your comments?

I think the blade looks nice but not too sure about the gun barrel or the larger shield.

Check out the picture for size comparison...

I could possibly cut the larger barrel even shorter to make about the same length as the original only a bigger gun in radius.

Honestly I think the battle cannon on the Knight is a bit small for him.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Venatust/knightwip.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Venatust/knightwip1.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Venatust/knightwip2.jpg

As Usual Comments and Suggestions most welcome!

I like the Sword on the Knight, looks really unique. Not a big fan of the Contemptor placement, however. His legs make him look like you just kinda threw a Contemptor on the base, they're not in a very natural position. That's my only gripe, everything else is awesome!

I like the Sword on the Knight, looks really unique. Not a big fan of the Contemptor placement, however. His legs make him look like you just kinda threw a Contemptor on the base, they're not in a very natural position. That's my only gripe, everything else is awesome!

Honestly I cant see where you are coming from.. Offcourse we are all entitled to our own opinion but the legs have been modified and the left leg is almost 90 degrees like

it would be climbing a rock..

I took some better pictures...  and a different pose.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Venatust/knightwip4.jpg

Come get me pose!

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Venatust/knightwip3.jpg

Attack pose:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Venatust/knightwip5.jpg

If those pics dont change your mind maybe a cookie will?

What say the our brothers of the forum?

I really like the look of the sword .. really adds some gravitas to him 8) It's really coming along nicely..  I think the larger barrel would be a bit too big IMO .. the gun and sword are about equal in size right now and gives it a feel of balance.  That's just my thoughts though ... 8)

Love that sword. looks really unique as has been pointed out.

As for the posing of the knight I really think he should be facing forward (ie to the side of where he's facing now), essentially making the oval side the 'front' more than the broadside that most knights use.. Take advantage of the fact that his legs were reposed to make sure it looks more dynamic than the otherwise very standard "legs far apart" squatting style that so many dreads and the knight has.

Whatever you do decide to go with I think this will be an awesome looking knight

Honestly I cant see where you are coming from.. Offcourse we are all entitled to our own opinion but the legs have been modified and the left leg is almost 90 degrees like

You know, and it is a very minor quibble, but it did strike me as slightly off too... maybe it's the feet? They both appear to be in the exact same position/angle. Perhaps if one was pointed down more?

You know, and it is a very minor quibble, but it did strike me as slightly off too... maybe it's the feet? They both appear to be in the exact same position/angle. Perhaps if one was pointed down more?

For me I think it looks great. I can see where everyone is coming from on the awkward pose. If you rotated the torso towards the contemptor a bit it's less of a look at me pose and more of a walking through a battle field.

@Isenhar: I wasn't talking about the Knight, that looks fine. I meant the legs on the Contemptor. It looks like you took a Contemptor, built it on a base, then took it off a base and put it on the Knight's base. The Knight looks awesome and I love how it's turning out. I'd see the legs of the Contemptor more limp, maybe shave half of it down like it's pressed into the ground.

too.... much...... adrenaline.......

i think you have gone to a new level in the warhammer modelling world friend. up there with custom titans and crazy mega dioramas!

oh if i only had money and spare time! i'm extremely jealous!!!!!!!

keep it up, i have nothing to add as far as the model other than i think it would be really cool if the gun arm were firing into some distant target, with the blossom of fire from the barrel and everything. you obviously have the skills to make cannon fire, so it would be pretty amazing! oh, and maybe a few traitors that have yet to lie down and die and are firing pointlessly at the hull or are getting pwned by loyalist fire as the knight keeps going? a traitor falling with half his helmet blown off could add some great detail too.

followed.

Love that sword. looks really unique as has been pointed out.

As for the posing of the knight I really think he should be facing forward (ie to the side of where he's facing now), essentially making the oval side the 'front' more than the broadside that most knights use.. Take advantage of the fact that his legs were reposed to make sure it looks more dynamic than the otherwise very standard "legs far apart" squatting style that so many dreads and the knight has.

Whatever you do decide to go with I think this will be an awesome looking knight

Reinhard I actually was blinded and never thought of it and when I made your suggestion he did look indeed much better!

Check him out..

@Duskraider : I finally realized what you are saying smile.png

I removed the feet of the contemptor but unfortunately its not possible to make them more angled downwards without looking strange as is the construction of the contemptor by FW. But i did make it a little more down and sideways on the left leg. I think it does look better now.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Venatust/knightwip6.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Venatust/knightwip7.jpg

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Venatust/knightwip8.jpg

As Always comments and suggestions welcome!

VERY NICE! I think if you wish to do this on a more than one off you should maybe invest in some casting materials to cut down on your FW terrain costs. A one piece mold would probably serve you well for basing the rest.

Dude I was diggin' that "Come at me bro" pose. Go with that, I really liked the symmetry between the sword and gun arm. Also he just looks mean as a motherfether, not even paying the struggling contemptor a second thought.

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q166/Venatust/knightwip3.jpg

UPDATE:

So the Most expensive base in the warhammer universe continues hehe!

I have seen one that's more costly...

http://i.imgur.com/Ay6bLhc.jpg?1

Still, sacrificing a Contemptor is more ballsy than I would be for making a base.

I love that new sword you put on the Knight, btw.

First off your EC squad is spot on! Love your version of Saul. Now on to that Knight. Just sick man! At first I thought the battle cannon would be too big but it fits him perfect and that sword is a beautiful conversion. As mentioned before your base is awesome and personally I think the Contemptor is posed perfect. The only thing I would change is having the Knight leering down at the Contemptor as it smashes him into the ground as if to say "you're beneath me even using my weapons on you!"

Can't wait to see this seen painted up!!

it's also for a wee bit bigger model, but I disgress.

I really think the facing helped the pose. while the "come at me" is a good pose in general, I don't think it works when the legs are that far apart, torso facing left, and stepping on a contemptor, feels too contrived. Otoh, when you face forward, its like "ok, threat dealt with, next"

i liked the knight looking the contemptor dead in the eye, taking pleasure and delight in squashing the dread. There's more a story to tell, you can sense the futility of the dread and the two models complement each other. (i would enhance this further by painting them complementary colours).

the come at me pose does nothing for me.

Edit:  are you leaving the shoulder pads off? looks cool with the body but no pads!

Lol Kage, yeah that looks a bit more expensive, hahaha

I would have posted a pic of the finished model, but it's a xenos titan.

Haha nice! That seems awesome too!

If I ever get a reaver titan or something I will try to beat that! smile.png

I have magnitized the waist so I can move him around but I think Reinhard's suggestion is the most practical and logical.

@Disease : Actually I leave all the armor plates off for painting.. I will get started with it soon.

Currently I am finished a squad of Emperor's Children and finished converting Solomon Dementer..

Also undecided on the helmet for Solomon but I will post pics for you to tell me which you prefer when I go home.

Archived