The Cadian 171st regiment WIP - Full Regiment shoot P7.

scatmandoo

Not the dreaded last minute vow! :P Good luck for the game on Wednesday, let us know how it goes :)

Tbh I may have enough difficulty with completing this vow now so I will hold off any others to negate the chance of failure. I am happy with my contribution this year.

The game is cancelled though so I may get a chance to get some painting done.

• 4 weeks later...

Excellent work, their camouflage suits the grassland well ;) Good placement of the HK on a Sentinel too, I must confess to never having thought of that! I notice you had some trouble with one of the railings on the Wyvern - I had to do the damn things two or three times before they stayed... I hope they don't break off easy but somehow I feel I might be disappointed.

Thanks for the kind words.

I won't risk losing models in the grassland don't worry.

As for the sentinel, I looked at it and wanted to try something different and still make it tidy. I like it too

As for the troublesome rails, the thing is luck it still has one. Still haven't found the other yet and thing needed more glue this evening.

I have come into ownership of my brothers old guard models that he no longer wants.

This consists of,

Normal russ with lascannon and no sponsons

Old Chimera model with M/L, H/B and pintle S/B

A now repaired Basilisk

Armoured sentinel with Lascannon

Now repaired Scout sentinel with M/L

A valhallen trooper

An old cadian metal autocannon team.

5 steel legion Missile launcher teams

Steel legion squad with plasma gun.

7 storm troopers no sgt and the gas mask type.

O and a plastic Cadian with a Chaos arm??

So now, what actually isn't worth it and should I sell? Should I replace some of my plastic cadians with the steel legion to give some variety and sell the cadians?

I cannot keep it all unfortunately.

I already own 3 russes, 2 chimera, 3 sentinel, hundreds of infantry.

Help?

Throw those Earthshaker shells at some Marines and ask them if they're a waste of points :lol: A Bassie is something everyone should have, especially since you already have a lot of infantry so you're also most of the way to an artillery company :) Following on from that, as you have so many troopers already do you really need more?

I say hundreds of infantry, maybe a slight play on words haha. I have one small gw case full of men of various weapons etc.

I will have to look as the basalisk again I feel.

• 4 weeks later...

After vowing for the in house competition, I had some time to spare this evening so got going on the Valk, going with a combat SAR theme though if anyone has pointers, send them over.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20140816_221124.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20140816_221140.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20140816_221157.jpg

comments and suggestions always welcome

Thanks for the link. My comp was being rubbish and stopping me from doing it.

I will actively take a bigger interest as I have a lot of gaming experience that I can share. Be nice to give something back.

Archived