The Cadian 171st regiment WIP - Full Regiment shoot P7.

scatmandoo

Keep at it, a painted army is a great goal as it is a real achievement. You won't regret the effort when you have fully painted models standing proudly on the gaming table :D

Looks like a couple more Russes and some more Chimeras and artillery pieces wouldn't go amiss ;)

I was going to say "needs more everything" but thought that probably wouldn't be too useful :lol:

Indeed that probably would have been less useful!

Hellhounds, chimeras, troops,.... Never enough!

There is one Hellhound. However I always run out of FA slots before I need more Hounds sadly.

More grunt box's may be a way to go. Tempted by some Taurox for some small poimt saving too.

Keep at it, a painted army is a great goal as it is a real achievement. You won't regret the effort when you have fully painted models standing proudly on the gaming table :D

Looks like a couple more Russes and some more Chimeras and artillery pieces wouldn't go amiss ;)

This is true and something that I honestly strive for though I may have severely depleted my units left to paint by the ETL.

Maybe another Wyvern though a Heavy Russ Chassis wouldn't go amiss.

New mini update for big guns. Been deliberating on what colour for the missiles of doom and settled with green and body and yellow tips to stand out slightly.

Obviously these are base coats and I will apply slightly lighter tones over them.

Also the eagle eyed of you will spot the black separating the brown and green camo on the tank. Done it as I believe it looks good on my Vendetta that I have done and will apply to the rest of the force in due time.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150116_175419.jpg

+++++ Incoming Transmission ++++++

Attention all Generals 

It has come to our attention through half picts and rumours, that the 171st have been granted full use of either a Manticore or Deathstrike as of today. 

We are doing all we can to establish the truth in these rumours and find out how such are rare and coveted asset has reached the hands of such a newly formed junior Regiment. We endeavour to have this investigation completed midnight Terran time. 

Inquisitor Onyx Farquoa

++++++ Transmission Ends +++++++++

Been busy with the paints due to having some time for myself and no meddling offspring around.

Even managed to splash some paintwork on the home-brew Vanquisher too. Hopefully get some more done as the day goes on.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150113_123650.jpg

Amazing looking armor! Quick question; where did you get the skirts that are covering the tracks and how are you doing the black lines on the Manticore camo?

Been busy with the paints due to having some time for myself and no meddling offspring around.

Even managed to splash some paintwork on the home-brew Vanquisher too. Hopefully get some more done as the day goes on.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150113_123650.jpg

Amazing looking armor! Quick question; where did you get the skirts that are covering the tracks and how are you doing the black lines on the Manticore camo?

Thanks for the kind words. The black line is done using a pure liquid ink Pilot Sign pen. Not sure when I got it. Takes a while to dry but it works. Slowly doing the process to all the tanks now.

The track guards were on the tank when I got it, but you can buy the accessorie pack as the good Commissar says below.

Regimental Command awaits the resolution of this mystery with great interest! :D

Chef, the track guards from the old school Guard vehicle kits. You can still get the sprue from GW if you want.

Its so I have time to make a good write up on the tank. Then it is done. Huzzah.

++++++++++++++ Incoming Transmission +++++++++++++++++++++++++

Generals,

The news I transmitted earlier was true. The Cadian 171st Combined Regiment have indeed had their armoury supplemented by a Manticore that has had it's Machine Spirit supplemented to allow modification to become a bearer of the Deathstrike missile.

First off are the pictures of the Vehicle to show what has been achieved.

First outfitted as a Manticore;

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150120_114600.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150120_114610.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150120_114630.jpg

And then outfitted with the glorious Deathstrike missile;

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150120_115137.jpg

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/manticore%20magnetisation/20150120_115203.jpg

Here is some previous Regiment Info;

Here is my Regimental history,

The glorious Cadian 171st Regiment had originally been involved in fighting in the Ultima Segmentum against the Tyranid threat found in Hive fleet Kraken.
Unfortunately despite some heroic actions they were wiped out to the man. The bells rang on Cadia and the Regiment was disbanded into history.

Once the Threat of Hive Fleet Leviathan and the Ork incursion of the Forsarr sector had become apparent in the Segmentum Tempestus the High Lords decided to raise another regiment from Cadia.
Then arrived the newly formed Regiment to the sector and as with any new regiment, they have been given very few combat veterans, new kit or supplies. However they do have plenty of hand me down should be scrapped vehicles and weapons, and more than enough ‘green’ troopers. Led into battle by Colonel Anders Gunderson, an officer school veteran held in high regard by even Lord Creed! How the regiment fares will be decided on how Colonel Anders bonds his men into a efficient fighting force while dealing with the odd mission from a couple of mysterious Inquisitors nearby.

Early records of the company have indicated that they will soon swiftly become a highly regarded force due to some successful encounters against both Orks and even some traitor marines. they are being reinforced by some Tempestus scions and Ogryn to bolster their numbers to aid their fighting skills. One skill they have found is in acquiring Plasma, be it in hand held pistols and assault rifles, Plasma cannon armoured Sentinels or even a rare Leman Russ Executioner. How they are doing this is baffling any observers but on more than one occasion the hierarchy have been heard saying "It's not always what you know, it's who you know"!

Here is some updated History since the last transcripts were done.

The 171st have been involved heavily with fighting in the Forsarr sector. Due to losses and the environment the Rgt currently find themselves, they have been adapting their structure to resemble more of an Armoured make up with more focus on mobility.
This has raised eyebrows to observers as they seem to have been resupplied with "new" vehicles to aid their fight.
While a mystery to others, it is fact a Regiment secret as they have been fighting on behalf of an un-named, unknown Inquisitor who has led the fight to a long abandoned Imperium storage facility. It has only been possible to a short break in the Warp storms around the planet which consumed the life of all the inhabitants.

Recently they have been taking on a Space marine force that had gone rogue, and had been following their own agenda and not that of the Imperium. A couple of splinter Tyranid fleet forces had been encountered too.

The Force from my studies have been enhancing their tactics and are looking very competent considering when they were formed.

Now for some Vehicle specific details;

A 2 x Manticore and a Deathstrike Launcher were both found in the Storage facility along with a vast amount of ammo for both types. Both were in dis-repair due to being left alone without serfs attending them.
After much deliberation and investigation by the Regiments Tech Priests, They decided they could salvage one Manticore Chassis, another's Launch rail and targeting systems, and the Launch rail and systems of the Deathstrike. They hated not being able to save all 3 but due to time restraints of the Warp Storm coming back they had to act.

Unfortunately due to what was needed, the Machine spirit has been has become more twisted and temperamental than most of this age. Due to the different memories of all the elements the vehicle has become confused as to it's role, and by doing so ensured that it was permanently fitted with a Hull Heavy Flamer. It has waited too long to take on the enemies of the Imperium and has more incentive and drive than your average Hellhound or Sentinel to charge forthwith reigning death. Accidents are common on long transits to new warzones, but due to it's performance on the field it is given leniency. Due to this and the Construction accidents that happened, the vehicle is being named "Deathslayer" by the troops.

Thanks for reading this Tactical update. The Emperor watches over the 171st it appears and I am now keeping my own eyes pealed on how this regiment builds and due to the sterling service that was done for the last Inquisitor, I will look to using these to aid my battles for the Imperium.

For the Imperium's service

Inquisitor Onyx Farquoa

+++++++++++++++++++ Transmission Ends +++++++++++++++++++++++

Out of likes! The curse strikes again tongue.png Fantastic work scats you should be proud of your magnetised death machine biggrin.png Good to get a close up of the camo too, well done! I will be keeping an eye out for the next addition to the 171st thumbsup.gif

Thanks Fish. Glad you like it. Been fun doing it that is for sure.

A Baneblade, of course :lol: Pictures of your new tank by the end of the week please so hop to it :P

Afraid the Baneblade needs more attention than I can spare for the end of the week. I was tempted to save it for the ETL though.

Could possibly have the Vanquisher ready mind.....

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Painting for the evening and I think I declare these both done!

Need some better pics but they will have to wait until tomorrow.

Here is a sneak preview now though;

Master Aircrew Clive Foley

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20150306_225533.jpg

And Trooper Deeny Symone

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e301/chrisburnett2010/geekery/20150306_225545.jpg

Archived