Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Fnuh. This guy is glorious. 

The Thousand Sonniest Thousand Son I've ever seen. How freaking cool is the Mk.II helm with that crest?

Thanks! I really like him to. Can't wait to paint him up, but at the moment there's simply no time :(

I was inspired by a conversation I once saw on some blog some time ago. When my wallet will let me, I'm going to buy a MKIII squad... the MKIII helmet with any TS crest... 

The Lord of Change himself must guide your conversions. These are truly inspiring.

Thanks! It's mostly the internet that inspires me, also Tzeentch.

Very nice work.  It is nice to see someone else using the Kromlech parts as well :smile.:

May I ask what gold you are using?  I currently have an old gold look on mine, but it gets a tad tedious after five layers.

I like the Kromlech stuff, have bought some stygian pants as well. They look pretty cool.

I'm still searching for a pleasant gold that's not a total pain in the a**. On some minis I used vallejo model color "old gold" with devlan mud, sometimes its only vallejo model color "brass" with devlan mud or GW glorious gold with a wash. I stopped highlighting most metal areas, because it takes way to lang and look crappy most of the time.

All of this stuff is brilliant, but the one that stands out the most is definitely the mk ii head with crest.  Will definitely be adding some rubricae like that into my own army.  Great work in the service of the Lord of Change!

Thanks!

The Havoc-Sorc is not finished yet, but I'think I can show you a little WiP picture:

http://www.gw-fanworld.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=210754&d=1397641675

Have to do some more work on the base and the yellow stripes on the left shoulder. And the backpack... I hate painting backpacks.

Unfortunately I screwed up on the book. Maybe I'll repaint it. A skin-tone with the symbols painted lice scar-like tissue could work. But not this, it looks like a coloring book for heretics.

• 2 weeks later...

He looks glorious!

I'm envious of that backpack...

All mine was stolen a few years back together with a crapton of 2nd ed stuff and necromunda... :P

He looks fantastic.

Splendid work Aasfresser, some of the best Thousand Sons I've ever seen.

Thank you! Another Autocannon Havoc is on it's way :)

He looks glorious!

I'm envious of that backpack...

All mine was stolen a few years back together with a crapton of 2nd ed stuff and necromunda... :tongue.:

That hurts... I got mine some years ago on ebay and I can't find more.

My first TS Army with AL alies was stolen in August 2009... luckily it was only about 1250 P of Minis. Well to be honest, I fell asleep at a bus station an woke up just the moment the bus arrived, I took most of my stuff and jumped on the bus. Leaving my Army Box at the station... well ten minutes later I returned back and they were gone. I was very tired and a little bit hung over that day. In November 2009 I restarted the project and I'm kind of still working on it. Very slowly :)

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice work! Where did you get the heads from?

Thanks! The heads are from the tzeentch herold on chariot. At least two of them are, the bigger one ist a left over from the horror-kit. I simply reversed them, the idea is borrowed from a DG blog here on B&C, I think it was by GuitaRasmus.

looking good! With conversion skills like that I will definitely want to see your version of Ahriman!:laugh.:

Thanks! Unfortunately my version of Ahriman is the original GW-Ahriman. I really love the model! But I think I'll try an PH Ahriman or something mid-Heresy someday.

Sofar there is only very little progress, but my havoc squad is now 4 Havoc-Rubrics strong! One to go.

So, since the last update was lost during the back up:

Saucy

Fantastic work!
What do you have planned next?

Like them? Why yes, yes I do...

Thank you!
I finished a sorcerer conversion I started in mid January!

Finished DV sorcerer conversion

Finished DV sorcerer conversion, back

Finished DV sorcerer conversion, right side

Finished DV sorcerer conversion, left side

And some WiP-pics:

WIP DV Librarian Sorcerer conversion, pre priming

WIP DV Librarian Sorcerer conversion

Now the sorcerer based on the new plastic libi with staff and the three headed spawn are on my desk. The staff sorcerer is almost finished.
Edited by Aasfresser

These are truly amazing.  Love the conversions, love the paint work(great blue) and the ideas you have for the stuff is top notch.  Looking to start on my 1K sons soon, sadly they have been in storage for man ymoons, anyway will be pulling inspiration from this thread for sure.

Gub

These are truly amazing.  Love the conversions, love the paint work(great blue) and the ideas you have for the stuff is top notch.  Looking to start on my 1K sons soon, sadly they have been in storage for man ymoons, anyway will be pulling inspiration from this thread for sure.

Gub

Thanks! Feel free to take whatever might help you! I'd like to see some more TS here.

• 2 weeks later...

No Thousand Sons this time, but close: Black Legion Allies!

They will get some freehands later, like Symbols showing their dedication to Tzeentch (Sons of the Cyclops). At the moment I want to paint 20 normal CSM, 5 - 10 Chosen, 10 Terminators, 1 Maulerfiend and maybe a Helbrute. The good thing is, at this level of painting their much faster done than my Thousand Sons :smile.:

Unfortunately 2 of my 3 true light lamps are down... so thats why I had to use flash, witch sucks. As always with B&S galeries, klick on the picture for a bigger picture ;)

Here one picture with flash:

Black Legion Chaos Space Marines 1

One without:

Black Legion Chaos Space Marines 2

This BL terminator is a bit older than the 3 CSM above, but I really like him. The base is not done yet:

BL termi camp Wip

And an unmodified Mauler, flesh needs still some more painting:

maulerWiP2

Edited by Aasfresser

These are just amazing.  Very nice work.  conversion are wonderful and the paint work is so good.  Love the blues and the golds look great as well.

Just started on my Sons and they are not in these models league.

Gub

These are just amazing.  Very nice work.  conversion are wonderful and the paint work is so good.  Love the blues and the golds look great as well.

Gub

Thank you! Well, as you said, you just started. Finish them first, then we will see about their league ;)

Here is a little somethin I found in the mail today: Forge Worlds Sevrin Loth!

I converted a quite nice sorcerer using the resin Thousand Sons bitz from GW. Hope you like him!

Sorcerer based on Sevrin Loth

Gub

Thank you! Well, as you said, you just started. Finish them first, then we will see about their league :wink:

Here is a little somethin I found in the mail today: Forge Worlds Sevrin Loth!

I converted a quite nice sorcerer using the resin Thousand Sons bitz from GW. Hope you like him!

Very nice indeed.  My first squad and Ahriman are nearing completion..  Will post in my thread as soon as I get them completed.

Gub