Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

- - - - - Thousand Sons Tzeentch Chaos conversions demons Black Legion Iron Warriors

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
610 replies to this topic

Nomus Sardauk

Nomus Sardauk

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,266 posts

Here is a little somethin I found in the mail today: Forge Worlds Sevrin Loth!

I converted a quite nice sorcerer using the resin Thousand Sons bitz from GW. Hope you like him!

sml_gallery_76164_9665_83752.jpg

Gah, HOW did I not think of this sooner!? Seriously, is there even a single conversion out there that Servin Loth does not look unbelievably sweet in?!

Formerly SanguiniusReborn, proud creator of the Scarlet Sentinels, my 18th Century British Redcoat Chapter and the Steel Legion, my Cyberpunk-inspired Lost Legion and part of the Broken Throne Alternate Heresy Project!

tn_gallery_4536_13905_53919.pngFbm7BxJ.jpg6ACBl6j.jpg

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Hehe, Sevrin Loth has no other purpose than serve as an awesome librarian in any chapter or sorcerer in any warband/legion.

Here is the finished 5 man strong Black Legion CSM squad. All weapons are exchangeable, I have to paint some special weapons for them, though.

Black Legion 5 CSM Squad

Ethrion

Ethrion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,848 posts

Cool. But...less BL more TS! ;)

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Cool. But...less BL more TS! msn-wink.gif

Soon... 2 Rubrics and this sorcerer are in the works:

Thousand Sons aspiring sorcerer WiP

Teetengee

Teetengee

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,454 posts

Very well done work here.

My Chaos WIP Thread (Bigger Pics and Foul Xenos offsite) Hall of Honour, My Storm Reavers (DIY SM Chapter) Story, My Chaos 7.5 Homebrew Codex Thread
In us burns a fire for vengeance that will only be quenched when we stand triumphant over the smoldering ruins of Terra. Our laughter on that day will haunt their survivors till the end of time. We will stride forth victorious through the shattered gates of their fortress, holding high aloft the defiled corpse of their rotting god as our prize.
Wulfkry, on 02 Jul 2013 - 3:38 PM, said: So an inquisitor is receiving SM implants using GK geneseed stolen off the fields of armageddon interesting..
Captain Semper, on 29 May 2015 - 4:10 AM, said: There is crazy and there is Teetengee crazy... ph34r.pngnuke.gif

Warsmith Aznable, on 30 Jan 2016 - 01:16 AM, said: 13. Teetengee wrote "Warp Born" and I won't even go into how disturbing the subject matter was.
The Psycho, on 26 Apr 2016 - 10:50 PM, said: That's either really disturbing or really cute, I haven't quite made up my mind yet.

gallery_48988_15465_38466.pngR9n4SPM.pngCall_of_Chaos_9_Medal_02.gifsml_gallery_29004_12090_4775.pngETL_Medal_04.giffriday-award.pngx9we_badge_teetengee.pnggallery_29004_10514_2007.jpggallery_29004_10514_234.jpggallery_48988_6285_1348.png

I'm not dead, and I like 8th better than 7th.

Rune Priest Ridcully

Rune Priest Ridcully

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,547 posts

And now I want to play Thousand sons again.... and convert my sorcerers...
And I don't think I have ever seen Severin Thoth used as himself, just the basis for awesome conversion after awesome conversion.

Need Snot green paint, will trade bits/pay for it.

QUOTE (Kol_Saresk @ Oct 22 2012, 06:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love how GW creates the Warp Talon to be some sort of super-powered Raptor, and instead it's become the king-of-all-kitbashes.

gallery_48988_16045_16337.pnggallery_48988_16045_14557.png

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Very well done work here.

Thanks!

And now I want to play Thousand sons again.... and convert my sorcerers...
And I don't think I have ever seen Severin Thoth used as himself, just the basis for awesome conversion after awesome conversion.

Thank you! Just do it! Even if you lose you are doing Tzeentchs will :P

Here is a full 8 Rubricae strong squad. Unfortunately the Sorcerer is still not done, but I fond somebody to fill in for the picture. Both pictures are crappy, though. Sorry :)

Rubricae Squad

And the 4 new guys:
4 New Rubrics

Ethrion

Ethrion

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,848 posts

Another nail in the coffin of my guys haha! Loving these.

DoomulusPrime

DoomulusPrime

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 187 posts

attachment.php?attachmentid=196412&d=138

Ok, how did you get that awesome glow effect in the eyes? Is it simply the green oxide wash from GW?

incinerator950

incinerator950

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 4,240 posts
Love that epic mini.
"Yes but the rocket launcher lawnchairs only have 1 beer holder, where as the reg lawnchairs have beer holders on both sides so it's a hard choice."~chillin

*Furyou Miko

*Furyou Miko

++ PROPUGNATRIX REGNUM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 7,874 posts

Its a source lighting technique by which you create artificial shadows around the light source, then lighter 'glow' on the surfaces it splashes off.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

There is no knowledge
that is not power.
Power corrupts.
Ignorance is Innocence.

Just call me Miko.
Sisters in 7th: W2 L0 D0

Tzeentch: Change you can believe in.

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Ok, how did you get that awesome glow effect in the eyes? Is it simply the green oxide wash from GW?

Its a source lighting technique by which you create artificial shadows around the light source, then lighter 'glow' on the surfaces it splashes off.

Well, I seriously suck at OLS, so I indeed used Nihilakh Oxide. First I primed the lenses with Skull White, then Nihilakh Oxide, then a dot of Skull White. Afterwards I washed the whole lenses with a very very thin layer og Asurmen Blue.

Love that epic mini.

Thanks!

Kierdale

Kierdale

++ EXERCITUM IMPERARE ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 6,947 posts

Well, I seriously suck at OLS, so I indeed used Nihilakh Oxide. First I primed the lenses with Skull White, then Nihilakh Oxide, then a dot of Skull White. Afterwards I washed the whole lenses with a very very thin layer og Asurmen Blue.

Really? That sounds remarkably simple for something that looks so good.
I'll have to give it a try.
Thanks for the explanation. :)

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Soooo... since I last posted something here, we had a sub-forum for tzeentchy stuff. I have to admit, I like the new structuring more.

So, back to business!

WiP Loth Sorcerer WIP1
WiP Loth Sorcerer WIP 2

The guy is basically finished. I only need to build and paint a base. Ah, and a backpack... Damn those stupid things...

And a better Picture of the RUbricae:
Rubricae Squad

And of course a better picture of the Black Legion allies.
Black Legion Chaos Space Marines better Picture

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,070 posts

I think your models are the first I've seen in which I think the Kromlech heads look good to me. 

I have just found out about their Stygiean legs, and will be getting a set at some point!

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_58096_13272_2704.jpg

Xenos XX\

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

I think your models are the first I've seen in which I think the Kromlech heads look good to me. 

I have just found out about their Stygiean legs, and will be getting a set at some point!

Thanks! Yeah, not every Kromlech Head looks good. I have 5 Rubricae with the Kromlech Stygian legs lying here waiting for paint! I really like them.

Xenith

Xenith

++ NETATOR FEROCIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,070 posts

Yea, the legs look cool, kind of Egyptian Mk III, right? 

I have recently come into a bunch of TS heads. Maybe Kromlech legs, FW Mk4 chests (Red Scorpions) GW heads.

gallery_58096_11725_17801.pnggallery_58096_14832_1433.gifgallery_58096_14832_1808.gifgallery_58096_11725_17950.pnggallery_29004_9303_844.pngfriday-award.pnggallery_58096_13272_607.pnggallery_58096_13272_2704.jpg

Xenos XX\

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Yea, the legs look cool, kind of Egyptian Mk III, right? 

I have recently come into a bunch of TS heads. Maybe Kromlech legs, FW Mk4 chests (Red Scorpions) GW heads.

Yes, they are some MK III - Egytian hybrid. I can make some pictures later today.

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

So, the Loth-based conversion is finished. I'll play the kopesh-weapon as an power axe or power sword. Hope you like him!

Sevrin Loth - Sorcerer Conversion - front
Sevrin Loth - Sorcerer Conversion
Sevrin Loth - Sorcerer Conversion - right
Sevrin Loth - Sorcerer Conversion - back

Hm... I think I'll have to do something with the lenses. This time they look too dark.

Edited by Aasfresser, 28 August 2014 - 09:44 AM.

Iron Skull Mask

Iron Skull Mask

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 534 posts

The restructuring of the forum really is a good thing. Never seen those awesome sons! Quick question: how do you paint your yellow stripes to have them look so bright?

Edited by Iron Skull Mask, 28 August 2014 - 09:35 AM.

BaS%20sig%2004-15.png-gallery_77459_12304_7182.png

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

The restructuring of the forum really is a good thing. Never seen those awesome sons! Quick question: how do you paint your yellow stripes to have them look so bright?

Yes, I can only agree! The Restructuring was an ingenious idea.

Yellow stripes:

1. prime with GW black spray primer

2. paint yellow areas with Iyanden Dark Sun 

3. layer of Golden Yellow

4. wash with Gryphone Sepia

5. layer with thinned down Golden Yellow

6. set accent with thinned down Bad Moon Yellow (Vallejo)

It seems tedious, but it's a) fun and b )very easy and fast!

Edited by Aasfresser, 28 August 2014 - 02:37 PM.

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Another week, another sorcerer:

Thousand Sons sorcerer with staff and MK II helmet front 2
Thousand Sons sorcerer with staff and MK II helmet front 1
Thousand Sons sorcerer with staff and MK II helmet right
Thousand Sons sorcerer with staff and MK II helmet left

Hope you like him!

Son of Carnelian

Son of Carnelian

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,752 posts

Looks great. All of these look great. Have you played any games with them?

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

Looks great. All of these look great. Have you played any games with them?

Thanks! Yes, I have. They are my main army and I play them a lot. This Saturday I will field them against an Astra Militarum army with Dark Angels allies. Its 1850 P and I never played against AM before. My main opponent plays Dark Angels and Tyranids most of the time and against those two armies my TS always win in 70% of the games. I am not a competitive player and I play fluffy lists as does my opponent. So it's fluff TS against fluffy DA or nids. I have allot of experience against Demons in 6th against an very competitive thinking opponent, too. I wasn't crushed every time I played against a Flying Circus, my win to lose ratio against demons is somewhere at 4:6  :)

So, as you can see most of the time I play one regular opponent and we both are not competitive players. Will change that soon.

Aasfresser

Aasfresser

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 810 posts

My grandfather used to say: "A sorcerer a day keeps the inquisition away."

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion front
Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion back
Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion left
Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion right

I finally finished the sorcerer conversion based on the plastic librarian! 

And here a picture of all my finished sorcerers. Most of them can exchange their weapons.  

Ahrimans Coven 1
Ahrimans Coven 2