Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Here is a little somethin I found in the mail today: Forge Worlds Sevrin Loth!

I converted a quite nice sorcerer using the resin Thousand Sons bitz from GW. Hope you like him!

sml_gallery_76164_9665_83752.jpg

Gah, HOW did I not think of this sooner!? Seriously, is there even a single conversion out there that Servin Loth does not look unbelievably sweet in?!

Hehe, Sevrin Loth has no other purpose than serve as an awesome librarian in any chapter or sorcerer in any warband/legion.

Here is the finished 5 man strong Black Legion CSM squad. All weapons are exchangeable, I have to paint some special weapons for them, though.

Black Legion 5 CSM Squad

Very well done work here.

Thanks!

And now I want to play Thousand sons again.... and convert my sorcerers...

And I don't think I have ever seen Severin Thoth used as himself, just the basis for awesome conversion after awesome conversion.

Thank you! Just do it! Even if you lose you are doing Tzeentchs will :P

Here is a full 8 Rubricae strong squad. Unfortunately the Sorcerer is still not done, but I fond somebody to fill in for the picture. Both pictures are crappy, though. Sorry :)

Rubricae Squad

And the 4 new guys:

4 New Rubrics

Ok, how did you get that awesome glow effect in the eyes? Is it simply the green oxide wash from GW?

Its a source lighting technique by which you create artificial shadows around the light source, then lighter 'glow' on the surfaces it splashes off.

Well, I seriously suck at OLS, so I indeed used Nihilakh Oxide. First I primed the lenses with Skull White, then Nihilakh Oxide, then a dot of Skull White. Afterwards I washed the whole lenses with a very very thin layer og Asurmen Blue.

Love that epic mini.

Thanks!

Well, I seriously suck at OLS, so I indeed used Nihilakh Oxide. First I primed the lenses with Skull White, then Nihilakh Oxide, then a dot of Skull White. Afterwards I washed the whole lenses with a very very thin layer og Asurmen Blue.

Really? That sounds remarkably simple for something that looks so good.

I'll have to give it a try.

Thanks for the explanation. :)

• 1 month later...

Soooo... since I last posted something here, we had a sub-forum for tzeentchy stuff. I have to admit, I like the new structuring more.

So, back to business!

WiP Loth Sorcerer WIP1

WiP Loth Sorcerer WIP 2

The guy is basically finished. I only need to build and paint a base. Ah, and a backpack... Damn those stupid things...

And a better Picture of the RUbricae:

Rubricae Squad

And of course a better picture of the Black Legion allies.

Black Legion Chaos Space Marines better Picture

I think your models are the first I've seen in which I think the Kromlech heads look good to me. 

I have just found out about their Stygiean legs, and will be getting a set at some point!

Thanks! Yeah, not every Kromlech Head looks good. I have 5 Rubricae with the Kromlech Stygian legs lying here waiting for paint! I really like them.

Yea, the legs look cool, kind of Egyptian Mk III, right? 

I have recently come into a bunch of TS heads. Maybe Kromlech legs, FW Mk4 chests (Red Scorpions) GW heads.

Yes, they are some MK III - Egytian hybrid. I can make some pictures later today.

So, the Loth-based conversion is finished. I'll play the kopesh-weapon as an power axe or power sword. Hope you like him!

Sevrin Loth - Sorcerer Conversion - front

Sevrin Loth - Sorcerer Conversion

Sevrin Loth - Sorcerer Conversion - right

Sevrin Loth - Sorcerer Conversion - back

Hm... I think I'll have to do something with the lenses. This time they look too dark.

Edited by Aasfresser

The restructuring of the forum really is a good thing. Never seen those awesome sons! Quick question: how do you paint your yellow stripes to have them look so bright?

Yes, I can only agree! The Restructuring was an ingenious idea.

Yellow stripes:

1. prime with GW black spray primer

2. paint yellow areas with Iyanden Dark Sun 

3. layer of Golden Yellow

4. wash with Gryphone Sepia

5. layer with thinned down Golden Yellow

6. set accent with thinned down Bad Moon Yellow (Vallejo)

It seems tedious, but it's a) fun and b )very easy and fast!

Edited by Aasfresser

Looks great. All of these look great. Have you played any games with them?

Thanks! Yes, I have. They are my main army and I play them a lot. This Saturday I will field them against an Astra Militarum army with Dark Angels allies. Its 1850 P and I never played against AM before. My main opponent plays Dark Angels and Tyranids most of the time and against those two armies my TS always win in 70% of the games. I am not a competitive player and I play fluffy lists as does my opponent. So it's fluff TS against fluffy DA or nids. I have allot of experience against Demons in 6th against an very competitive thinking opponent, too. I wasn't crushed every time I played against a Flying Circus, my win to lose ratio against demons is somewhere at 4:6  :)

So, as you can see most of the time I play one regular opponent and we both are not competitive players. Will change that soon.

My grandfather used to say: "A sorcerer a day keeps the inquisition away."

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion front

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion back

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion left

Thousand Sons Sorcerer Conversion right

I finally finished the sorcerer conversion based on the plastic librarian! 

And here a picture of all my finished sorcerers. Most of them can exchange their weapons.  

Ahrimans Coven 1

Ahrimans Coven 2