Thousand Sons - Those Once Loyal - Contemptor Dread WIP

Aasfresser

Very cool Augustus! But that's supposed to be a flamer :D 

I will steal the rearanges horns from your heavy bolter! Why haven't I thought about that? It's so obvious!

By the way, Tzeentch whispered "Moar Flamesch!". Who am I to disobey? 

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer conversion WIP with moar flamesch!

Maybe now it's too much...

Aasfresser - That army photo looking really cool & like wise the test model for the Scourged is great.

You commented in your PM about useing the End of Time Ghost (not Warhammer Player/unsure of the unit beyound that) in some of your conversion.  Would you be ok to re-post?

Aasfresser - That army photo looking really cool & like wise the test model for the Scourged is great.

You commented in your PM about useing the End of Time Ghost (not Warhammer Player/unsure of the unit beyound that) in some of your conversion.  Would you be ok to re-post?

Of course I am: 

TS spawn2

TS-Spawn WiP front

Still needs some paint, though.
Edited by Aasfresser

Of course I am: 

Still needs some paint, though.

I really like how you made this custom chaos spawn. For thousand of sons, a spirit coming off the body is great.

I think the flames would look great in a diorama, but are probably a bit much for the tabletop. Can you magnetize?

Yeah, I pinned it. Forgot to mention it. But.. now he is done. Am on a sick note for the rest of the week so....

Second The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer and Flames

I went for a ghostly warp-flame effect. It's not perfect but I like it so far. It needs some more work. Lets see if I can motivate myself to do it. 

Two new The Scourged Chaos Space Marines /w Flamer

And the two finished. The flame is as mentioned pinned and can be attached if I feel like it. 

Now let's build the third one...

Hm... I don't like those sites, as my adblocker and noscript start going crazy. But I could direk-link from the B&C. Or people could click on the images I link from my B&C gallery :D

Then the pics are nice and big anyways.

But I try to manage something next time.

if u click on them they show the bigger size, I am glad u use this gallery, my work blocks Photo bucket and a lot of the hosting sites so I am glad u do it this way. these are amazing and I am so inspired to steal this idea from you lol.

I like the idea that the scourge are fallen grey knights too, like the earlier newer knights fell to the whispers of Tzeench and started hearing every lie ever told. shame we cant arm them with grey knights stuff. lol

p.s. I love the flame effect and that u can take it on and off is just gravy!

Edited by slipknotzim

if u click on them they show the bigger size, I am glad u use this gallery, my work blocks Photo bucket and a lot of the hosting sites so I am glad u do it this way. these are amazing and I am so inspired to steal this idea from you lol.

I like the idea that the scourge are fallen grey knights too, like the earlier newer knights fell to the whispers of Tzeench and started hearing every lie ever told. shame we cant arm them with grey knights stuff. lol

p.s. I love the flame effect and that u can take it on and off is just gravy!

Thank you! Feel free to take everything you need ;) I'm always happy if somebody finds my stuff inspiring.

Hm... the fallen Gray Knight thingy is a bit of a unpleasant topic. I don't see my Scourged as fallen GK, I see them as fallen lackeys of the Inquisition. Thus the look a lot like GK, but they definitely aren't. And those guys are supposed to be Chosen of Tzeentch with flamers.

Btw: Here is the next one:

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine /w Flamer No.3 Wip

And here for Augustus :P
med_gallery_76164_11041_172204.jpg

Looking good there dude!

The only real complaint I have about your pics is that the early ones are on somewhere that Photobucket refuses to upload from. It's no biggie, just means that when I showcase you I'll have to spend a bit more time on the setup.

Dragonlover

Tzeench choses wisely, lol now I wanna know why u dislike fallen grey knights(black knights maybe lol) I have loved thousand sons for as long as I have been interested in warhammer (wolves and iron hands as well, I know its weird) so this is one of my favorite blogs, I love the use of parts and the paint schemes. please keep up the great work.

Looking good there dude!

The only real complaint I have about your pics is that the early ones are on somewhere that Photobucket refuses to upload from. It's no biggie, just means that when I showcase you I'll have to spend a bit more time on the setup.

Dragonlover

Thanks! Yeah.. that's the gallery of  a German tabletop forum. I was going to change this loooong ago. Maybe I'll do it now.

Tzeench choses wisely, lol now I wanna know why u dislike fallen grey knights(black knights maybe lol) I have loved thousand sons for as long as I have been interested in warhammer (wolves and iron hands as well, I know its weird) so this is one of my favorite blogs, I love the use of parts and the paint schemes. please keep up the great work.

Hehe. Well, vial fluff as far as I know it there is nothing like fallen GK. But I might be wrong. And the only bit on the background of the "The Scourged" stated that they were former Inquisitorial lackeys who grew a conscience and were rewarded by Tzeentch for that. But I guess in the grim darkness of the far future, there is place for anything.

Edited by Aasfresser

Yeah, there are no fallen grey knights yet (although changling did do some serious work to plant the seeds of doubt in one Brother Brutus, so we shall see, and there was the Khorne Grey Knight incident, but he wasn't willing so it doesn't exactly count). However, nothing stops you from killing them and stealing their armour, that is what my lord did.

i guess i am the only one who thinks Tzeench manipulates all, idk i guess the grey knights just strike me as prime targets, i know the paladins are like end all faith but the newer guys...idk i guess i don't feel "matt wardie" about the grey knights, i see them as men thus they are as corruptible as any one else, just require a little more fineness. but i don't want to bo-guard your blog so u keep doing you and i will keep hitting like and popping in from time to time

Fair enough, and yes, when I click on them the pics become larger. I guess I'm just lazy and have to work for the awesome sauce you pour all over us on this thread. ;)

To others who have a problem with photobucket and AdBlock: there's a function on AdBlock that lets you disable adblock for certain sites, so as to circumvent this issue. :tu:

So I wanted the Aspiring Champion of the squad to have a combi-flamer and I really like a more sorcerer-esque look for my commanders and champions. Well, I came up with this guy.

He obviously has something flame-y going on and has a CCW/power-maul. And he looks like I could use him as a HQ option in smaller games. Like a Sorcerer with force staff and lets say burning brand.

But I'm not sure about the head.

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine Asiring Chamion /w Powermaul & Combiflamer featureless face

Featureless face?

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine Asiring Chamion /w Powermaul & Combiflamer horny face

Horny face?

The Scourged Chaos Space Marine Asiring Chamion /w Powermaul & Combiflamer horny & featureless face

Featureless and horny face?

I'm leaning towards the featureless and horny option. What do you think?

The featureless face looks pretty creepy, not sure how difficult it would be but what about a bandaged/mummy wrapped face ?

Also I am in love with your spawn and am totally sharing/stealing that idea :biggrin.:

Edited by 1000 sons