IVth Legion, 105th Grand Battalion

Hydriatus

• 2 months later...

COTLIN

Praevian, "The Remenant"

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/hydriatus/13713503_10157101703425366_262760010_n_zpsla7xxiub.jpg

Barely more than a brain and and spinal cord, Praevian Cotlin's moniker of "The Remenant" is bleakly fitting. In turth, he had the name before the multiple injuries that he suffered on the moon of Barn't, being part of the Legion since before the discovery of their primarch. He never earned Perturabo's favor though, and was consigned to the position of line officier for many years. Yet, thanks to his experiences on Terra and Mars, he was always called upon by the 105th to deal with any Mechanicus forces and individuals they may encounter.

Over time, he came to know more and more about the steel automata that made up the bulk of the Mechanicus military might, and Kobol promoted him to the position of Praevian, sending him out with a host of machines from the forges of Magos Teferii to locate a relic known simple as the Clavis Mundus.  He failed, suffering multiple injuries before managing to retreat. Kobol ordered him rebuilt and sent out onto the battlefield once more alongside his mechanical charges.

Now, Cotlin is a silent member of the 105ths command cadre, attached to the Knightslayers as a scouting element.

Praevian Cotlin

Praevian

Artificer Armour

Refractor Shield

Power Lance

Bolter

Melta Bombs

That praevian is just plain suh-weet!

Mind if i ask where his helmet is from?

Sorry the game against the knights went so badly, but really cool that you incorporate the outcome into your armys fluff and history!

The helmet is the Anvil Industries special miniature!

The Blacksmith

Saw it and just knew I was going to have to use it. The legs, arms and glaive are all from Anvil as well, merged with some bits from the Betrayal at Clath box - a chestpiece, Sedd's backpack, and a tabard. I've been using him as my commander in a short Victory is Vengeance campaign at my local GW, and he's mostly been cut up by the Imperial Fist legion champion my friend Kage has been using XD.

I pretty much always field him with a full squad of 6 Vorax.

PERTURABO

THE LORD OF IRON

PRIMARCH OF THE IVTH LEGION

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/hydriatus/IMG_0074_zpstyg7mwcw.jpg

The cold hearted logistic genius of the Great Crusade, Perturabo is a siege master unlike any other, one his sons continue to try to emulate. Clad in a suit of armour of his own devising, the Primarch of the IVth Legion conducts war in the manner of a mathematician - every assault, every withdrawal, every military action undertaken is broken down into simple arithmetic in his mighty mind. But beneath his efficiency lies the soul of a craftsman. A soul strangled by war and ignorant brothers. 

Perturabo was never one to seek out glory - trusting his brothers and father to recognise his achievements and acknowledge them.

None of them ever did.

Perturabo - 490pts

Forgebreaker

You're a legit genius.

PERTURABO

THE LORD OF IRON

PRIMARCH OF THE IVTH LEGION

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/hydriatus/IMG_0074_zpstyg7mwcw.jpg

The cold hearted logistic genius of the Great Crusade, Perturabo is a siege master unlike any other, one his sons continue to try to emulate. Clad in a suit of armour of his own devising, the Primarch of the IVth Legion conducts war in the manner of a mathematician - every assault, every withdrawal, every military action undertaken is broken down into simple arithmetic in his mighty mind. But beneath his efficiency lies the soul of a craftsman. A soul strangled by war and ignorant brothers. 

Perturabo was never one to seek out glory - trusting his brothers and father to recognise his achievements and acknowledge them.

None of them ever did.

Perturabo - 490pts

Forgebreaker

You're a legit genius.

Thank you! I assume you are referring to the helmet?

Holy, I'd missed that Helmed Perturabo. I loved the model already, but damn is he sexy now!

Born from my simple hatred of bare heads, and my inability to paint bare flesh ^_^ Should probably add a line of red to the visor though to make it stand out more! Should probably have used the IW Contemptor Head, but my friend Nrakmm had a spare Death Guard contemptor head and it fit just fine :) Kinda looks like oversized MkIII...

Archived