IVth Legion, 105th Grand Battalion

Hydriatus

Painting up the latest additions to my Wall of Martyrs network! Pics up soon, promise!

Also, big thanks to my mate DigitalFlash (who helped me assemble Kobol) for making me one hell of a Legion Champion ^_^ Sadly missing a base for him at the moment, so can't start painting him up yet :(

In other news, my army has racked up two more losses, against Iron Hands and Salamanders respectively.

Current ratio:

W / L / D

0    4    0

Oh there will BE a reckoning yet...

Still, managed to kill Ferrus Manus with nothing more than snipers, a moritat and a battlecannon. Oh and his own plasma weapon overheating twice XD

Here is a progress report: Using some bits from an impulse buy, I've got the beginnings of an allied counts-as Solar Auxilia army.

Behold the Men-At-Arms of House Yorickson, Questoris Knight House!

(Yes, they are just Skitarii with Scion heads!)

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/hydriatus/IMG_0032_zpskbbtxw9d.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some digging through my old models has managed to provide me with a dreadnought talon and a forgelord! Sadly, those are currently being paint stripped by the Enfield Eviscerators, so no pics :/

In other news, I am planning on attending the Scorched Earth 30k gaming weekend in Cardiff in August - which requires me to bring three objective markers! Sadly, I've been kinda stumped on cool and thematic objective markers for my force, so I'm turning to you all for help!

One idea I've had so far is to make a Kryptos (from the HH short story of the same name), wounded and needing retrieval. Except I've had no real idea how to make it >_< Nrakmm has suggested using an Inquisitorial scribe, with suitable sculpting to make them the body horror the Kryptos are..which could work I think...but that still leaves me with two markers to make!

Thoughts?

• 1 month later...

DEMI-SQUAD MINOS

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/hydriatus/IMG_0046_zpsqchptrab.jpg

Part of the 2nd Company, Squad Minos was once a fearsome scourge of the battlefield, weilding their autocannons with impunity against infantry and light vehicles from the safety of prepared defences. Unfortunately, in the early years of the Horus Heresy, the unit was devestated during a Dark Eldar raid on an Iron Warriors logistical base. The unit leader, Minos, survived the raid buried beneath the bodies of his brothers. He has since managed to rebuild the squad, but it was understrength at the outbreak of the Heresy. In fact, Minos missed the Dropsite Massacre due to training his new squad members on board The Truth of Logic.

Minos is the unyielding rock around which his unit gathers, and who Axiom often relies on to hold the line even when the fortifications around him crumble to dust.

Demi-Squad Minos - 160pts

5 Autocannons

FORGE LORD GODEL

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/hydriatus/IMG_0043_zpsj7rrezxw.jpg

Godel is a recent transfer onto the Truth of Logic - his original company was decimated on Istvaan by Raven Guard forces, and the Forge Lord was found by Praevian Cotlin. He has since integrated himself into the ship's armoury alongside the dreadnought Iphicles, also a member of his former company. The Truth of Logic's original Forge Lord was killed during an engagement in Istvaan orbit, so Kobol welcomed the newcomer and immediately set him to work maintaining the ecletic mix of equipment the 105th Grand Battalion has as it's disposal.

Godel has made himself an invaluable member of the Truth of Logic's crew, even if he remains somewhat mysterious. No one knows what happened to his original battle brothers, and Godel is never one to start a conversation.

Forge Lord Godel - 150pts

Combi-melta

Power Fist

Cortex Controller

Artificer Armour

Refractor Field

DREADNOUGHT IPHICLES

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/hydriatus/IMG_0045_zps4gnpixnp.jpg

Discovered in the wastes of Istvaan alongside Godel, Iphicles is one of the scattered remenants of a forgotten company. He does not speak much of his lost brothers, consigining them to the past alongise previoud failures. Iphicles is more concerned with the here and now. The remains of his Company markings can still be seen on his hull, but he has chosen not to have them repaired. Clad in a Mk V castraferrum dreadnought only recently issued to the Legions, Iphicles acts as a close support bunker buster whenever on the offensive, but the lack of anti-tank weaponry plagueing the Truth of Logic forces has had him assigned to Axiom's Company to act as a vehicle killer when holding ground. This role frustrates Iphicles, as he much prefers to be running alongside the glorious tanks of Olympia and reducing enemy fortifications to dust than standing idle for hours on end protecting measly trenches.

Legion Dreadnought Iphicles - 155pts

Multi-melta

Extra Armour

Armoured Ceramite

DREADNOUGHT BAHADUR

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/hydriatus/IMG_0044_zpsuz5cy5x6.jpg

Former centurion of the 2nd Company, Bahadur was struck down by Hrud during one of the xenos' mass migrations. Left frail in body, but with an undiminished spirit, Bahadur was interred in a Mk 4 castraferrum dreadnought to continue serving his legion. He counsels Axiom whenever he can, whilst acting as a symbol of the Company whenever in battle. Old habits die hard, and he continues to be best employed as an anchor in a trenchline, protecting the troops with his massive bulk and laying down covering fire to disrupt enemy movements.

Legion Dreadnought Bahadur - 155pts

Extra Armour

Armoured Ceramite

Shrapnel Bolts

Love the clever mix of 40K Chaos and Loyalist models with the Forgeworld stuff! I'm going to the Scorched Earth event in Cardiff too, so I'l see you and your Iron Warriors there!

Awesome, what Legion/force will you be representing? :P

And in truth, it's not really clever as cost-effective XD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So due to Scorched Earth, my army is actually finished! I'll post up pictures of the missing squads soon! For now, here's a pic taken by the event organisers of my army in action!

11825906_895155323854763_318280196037724

I came dead last, but who cares, it was brilliant fun facing some new armies! My games were against Alpha Legion, Sons of Horus, Sons of Horus, Death Guard, and Legio Cybernetica.

The Truth Of Logic - "The Anvil"

http://www.gaming-blog.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/P1060827.jpg

My IW force at 2250pts! Shown here as they were at Imperial Truth's Scorched Earth event - a fun weekend in which my IW were smashed apart, walking away with 5 losses, but lots of cool moments biggrin.png

Image is from Aaron's Gaming Blog, which features pictures of all the armies that took part!

• 1 month later...

PERTURABO
THE LORD OF IRON

PRIMARCH OF THE IVTH LEGION

http://i299.photobucket.com/albums/mm303/hydriatus/IMG_0074_zpstyg7mwcw.jpg

The cold hearted logistic genius of the Great Crusade, Perturabo is a siege master unlike any other, one his sons continue to try to emulate. Clad in a suit of armour of his own devising, the Primarch of the IVth Legion conducts war in the manner of a mathematician - every assault, every withdrawal, every military action undertaken is broken down into simple arithmetic in his mighty mind. But beneath his efficiency lies the soul of a craftsman. A soul strangled by war and ignorant brothers. 

Perturabo was never one to seek out glory - trusting his brothers and father to recognise his achievements and acknowledge them.

None of them ever did.

Perturabo - 490pts

Forgebreaker

That is the head of a Contemptor! This one in fact: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Death-Guard-Legion-Contemptor-Dreadnought

Kindly donated by @Nrakmm , who also assembled the model for me (becuase I suck at ammo belts!) and gave me tips on painting him. Tips I was unable to carry out effectively, so I declared "**** it" and washed him in Earthshade. >_>

Also, I LOATHE bare heads. It's a personal preference thing! If people say "It's not in the books!" I'll smack them with my copy of Shadows of Treachery...

(The Crimson Fist novella has Perturabo standing in a docking bay on his flagship, in a helm, to watch the battle, becuase the IW ships do not have windows because they are structural weaknesses....)

Archived