Inqu][sitor

lamby

I vote for choice 2 and 2 myself. In regards to the rifle I just like the way #2 looks more than the others. I also think the second choice of cogs just looks more awesome.

Speaking of awesome: that brass blade!

Hmm. I vote for stock number two:

And engine number two:

Great work. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Im going to disagree and say Stock 1 and engine 1. engine 2 may be easier to paint however.

That blade is insane, looks like a real sword.

Stock 1, engine 2. The complex cogs look really cool

Weapon #1, Cogs #2, and holy crap I thought that sword was a picture of a real one at a glance!

- Thanks - the sword is approx 3.5 cm long - probably should have photographed it with a coin or something for scale

My preference is stock 1 and engine 2. The first engine choice looks like a cop out to me. Don't get me wrong in thinking it didn't take effort it just feels like a "eh" motion. The second one actually looks like a legitimate clockwork engine.

And jyst like Razerz I had to look at the sword for a minute. I thought it was real. HUGE improvement over how it was previously. I'm worried about blade length proportionally but the effect is the far superior choice.

- Ah, the sword is based in Prince Nuada's sword (Hellboy II) - i think the hilt may have ended up too long, it's 1.5cm whereas the blade is just under 2cm... but it looks nice enough :wink:

The long handle doesn't make it look like a sword anymore, but it does look like a great polearm.

:wink:

(Comment above)

Actually more like a Naginata swor than a katana... I too thought holy hell, he's made himself a sword!!

That looks epic, I really hope with the grip, it will fit nicely in your samurai's hands.

Stock 2, engine 2. Stock 2 just looks more practical to me as if it would fit in the snug of your arm.

Engine 2, cos it looks the business... Are you getting your bits from greenstuffworld?

Btw in total awe of your skills..

- I am actually thinking of making a 1:1 copy of Prince Nuada's blade, which this brass blade takes design cues from

- This brass blade isn't for the Samurai, it's become an experiment in making miniature blades from metals :wink:

- Bitz I usually get from the Bitz Barn or Hoard-O-Bitz... I'll have to investigate greenstuffworld, thanks

2&2:happy.: 

I vote for choice 2 and 2 myself. In regards to the rifle I just like the way #2 looks more than the others. I also think the second choice of cogs just looks more awesome.

Speaking of awesome: that brass blade!

:thumbsup: :wink:

I may have neglected to mention how awesome that blade looks. So, yeah. Awesome. :thumbsup:

:wink: - Haha, no worries!

So thanks all, it's almost unanimous for the complex cog set-up across 4 forums!

Rail-gun stock No 1 seemed most popular - and it was my choice as well, though 2 did score a bit as well...  however... 
I kept thinking the way No 1 bent out of the tube would make it impossible to shoulder... so here's a 3 more mods based on No 1:

We'll call them 4:

5:

and 6:

Thanks for all the votes and comments!

Thanks for all the votes and suggestions!

Rebuilding the clockwork engine - same components with a slightly more aggressive profile:

And while I liked 6 it was not steampunk enough, too 'modern' like the first weapon I built for the Sniper.

So mashed the first brass stock and number 1 from the first group of three together:
(Plus a glimpse at the *nearly finished* suit  :D )

Thanks for looking!

more suit pics!

Ask and ye shall receive...

"She got legs..."

Took some Centurion leg armour plates and paperclips:

Cut and clipped them down to these pieces:

Which makes these:

And they look like this on the suit:

Big, stompy and awkward looking - steampunk, yeah!

Cheers!

Having been away for a week there's not been much workbench time, managed some work on the mech-suit engine this evening:

The green stuff in use here is actually Apoxie Sculpt, I acquired some recently and having never used it I thought I'd test it here because this was just gap-filling and will need sanding down, rather than true sculpting. It acts more like play dough than my usual mix of 50/50 GS and milliput.

Very nice mech suit. Quick question for you: where is that female head from?

Thanks!

- head is from the whip-wielding Dark Elf in the War Hydra kit, with a Dark Eldar Wyches neck

Looking good. I especially like the knee braces from this update. Viable and in realit would provide extra balance and support if she were to kneel.

Thanks!

the mech is shaping up superbly!

Thanks!

Must admit I was at a bit of loss as to what to add (if anything) to the engine, so I cleaned up some areas with Apoxie Sculpt and added the last of the clockworks in the legs.

So for the most part, she is done:

Additions ?:
- Cables from Rail-Gun to engine
- ][ symbol on the engine and/or the right greave
- Steampunk goggles slid up onto her forehead

The additions you have mentioned at the end of your post would finish the model off nicely :smile.: Excellent work so far though!

Thanks Dosjetka!

Bit of a mishmash of WIP stuff...

Mech pilot is now rocking the steampunk goggles (from Victoria Lamb - no relation  :biggrin.: )

The RT Captain has a sleeve:

And the next member of the Rogue Trader crew makes his first appearance:

In other new, I finally have more Liquid Greenstuff to fix the holes in the Finecast hakama the Samurai is wearing  :thumbsup:

Cheers all!

Bashed together a targeting device - rotated out of the way until the weapon is brought on line:

Thoughts?

Small progress on the Samurai, no pics yet - keep watching this space!
Edited by lamby

I really like the suit, have you thought about an exo- arm like you did for the prosecutor? At the moment I think the shape looks a bit.. off, and bulking out her arms could give it a more humanoid shape. Just my $0.02.

P.s that green stuff sleeve is awesome!