Departmento Munitorum: Enlist Today

Kierdale

Interested individual.

The problem will be the Regiment I want to do, versus what is available to make.  I'm not sure how to discuss my idea, as it's a rather touchy subject to some.  Considering everything, it's more the variant Lasgun that I'm thinking of that is hanging the idea up right now; that said, it will possibly rile some folks, so not sure how to proceed.

Interested individual.

The problem will be the Regiment I want to do, versus what is available to make.  I'm not sure how to discuss my idea, as it's a rather touchy subject to some.  Considering everything, it's more the variant Lasgun that I'm thinking of that is hanging the idea up right now; that said, it will possibly rile some folks, so not sure how to proceed.

Don't worry! I based my Regiment on WWII Wehrmacht. German names and all. Just steer clear of possible offensive iconography, and you're good!

Hello all

I have been considering a small guard army for many years now, but the model count needed has always been daunting. So with allies in 6th, and a new codex I am once again playing with the idea of taking up the Imperial Flashlight.

My main imperial army is GK, so no shenanigans with character joining units or similar. There is a Marine army in the works, but that is still in the gene seed generation stage.

So with that in mind, and no previous experience with Guard what should I look at to get me started (aside from the new codex).

That really depends on what you want to do with the Guard. Do you want more boots on the ground than the average Green Tide list, bring out the biggest guns with an artillery Regiment, or are you more of a tread-head, and want tanks? It all kinda varies, but the basics should be the obligatory FOC parts. So 2 Troops and 1 HQ.

In short, you might want to get one of the new Battleforce-ish things, which give you some goos stuff, at a reasonable price. (It might be on pre-order only atm, haven't checked.)

Besides that, Infantry Squads are always good. thumbsup.gif

Welcome to the Guard Militarium, Soldier.

Welcome new recruits! Be warned that you never really stop a Guard army, even one that starts as an allied force will soon be expanded into a full army ;)

The general mantra of success is numbers and fire power. Get these and you're on the right path, but starting off you'll need a command squad or two and a few boxes of Guardsmen to fill out the basics. As such grabbing one of the box sets is a great way to save a bit of money and hassle, especially if you buy online somewhere :)

What is the lasgun variant that you're thinking of? If the regiment idea, as a whole, is potentially an issue then lets just look at it in parts.

It's a build that would be a bit of a pain to fairly translate from Only War to WH40K.  Basically, in OW the standard Lasgun would have Accurate, or, put simply, +1d10 with a higher quality shot, to a maximum of +2d10 and they do not Righteous Fury (like Rending, just a further series of d10's rather than d5's/d3's comparatively.)

Interested individual.

Don't worry! I based my Regiment on WWII Wehrmacht. German names and all. Just steer clear of possible offensive iconography, and you're good!

Actually I was going to do USMC in WH40K, problem was doing it well and accurately.  At the moment, I think I will just need to use Astra Militarum Tempestus rules, however, using the entry for MT in the AM Codex, I might be able to figure out a fair and balanced fluff regular infantry platoon in the Homegrown rules section.

Or, as a friend has pointed out, save myself a major potential headache and just go with the MT rules and run the unit as such.

Archived