DIY thunderfire cannon

jeremy1391

I've always wanted a Thunderfire Cannon myself, but didn't want the Finecast version, and the metal one (if you can find one at a reasonable price sad.png ) presents its own problems (apparently a pain in the fender to assemble), but perhaps you've given me an idea on other ways of making one happy.png

In any case, I like yours a lot! thumbsup.gif

What's the base from ?

I'm probably wrong, but it struck me as the base from an IG Tarantula weapon smile.png

They look like Quadgun legs to me, a lot of the IG stuff uses the same sort of tripod look. 

That actually looks pretty gnarly, I'm tempted to do something similar for my Atropos Thunderfires, the Hunter launcher on Rapier platforms, it's good to know they're workable. Also, is it me or has the price of the Thunderfire cannon dramatically increased in the last few years? I clicked two into my cart today and unclicked them right away. 

Nice, not seen anyone use the turret from the Stalker/other thing I forget the name of to make a Thunderfire. Was there any conversion work needed to get the turret to sit on the legs at all?

I had to file down the circular mounting for the comms relay (also from the bastion kit) then I had to put a circular piece of plastic card into the base of the guns turret, I then glued the gun to the circular card then to the comm relay base and it was good. All told it took about 15 minutes of fiddling to figure out what needed to be done and finding the right bit.

Love the turret idea, don't like the tarantula legs. I'd like to try the execution on a chassis with wheels myself..

If I only knew where the turret is from!

Main gun is from the hunter, legs are from the bastion.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived