Hot Shots. Tales of a Vindicare Assassin.

Spaz431

So there is something similar to this in Chaos Marines for Khârn, why not the best gunman in the game?

The other day, Thursday, I utilized a vindicare assassin for the first time. Top of turn 1, destroyed the super shield of a wraithknight. Leaving it only with its 3+ armour save. My opponent had never seen anything like that before. Maybe cause he is new to the game (5 months) or cause he plays wave spam eldar with wraiths inside. A later turn, the vindicare turbo'd his second wave serpent. Just for the lol's.

It was the third round in a tournament, i was fighting a SW list. He had 4 rune priests, one in TDA. I infiltrated my sniper into some ruins, and was JUST inside the 24" range. Decided to risk the 2W shot. Got the wounds, he went to ground, with night fight, behind an ADL. With a mighty roll, the infamous 1 showed up, and down went the senior rune priest, a single hole punched through his helm. Thus was the opening shot of the engagement fired.

Dark angels spartan assault tank, supported by a techmarine with a powerfield.

The Vindicare takes aim, on the first turn. The dice clatter. He rolls a one, but gets another chance with his BS8. He hits, and penetrates, the spartan fails it's invulnerable save. The damage table dice rolls, and comes up as a five. The three hundred point vehicle is no more :)

Infiltrated 13" away from the grimoire herald in a screamerstar.   Seized with coteaz, and walked around, and Piffed him with the pistol.

Set up 34" from an opposing bastion.  tore it down, killing the devastators on top, and the command squad with banner of devastation inside.

(5th ed)  Outflanked behind a brass scorpion of khorne, supercriticaled it, it took out 2 warhounds.. one of which went supercrit and took out a baneblade.   Plus assorted infantry.  

My Vindicare was assaulted by the last two models remaining within my opponents death company. I thought he was going to get ripped apart until he managed to overwatch the first, then somehow got past the armour save and FnP thanks to his higher initiative.

Infiltrated 13" away from the grimoire herald in a screamerstar.   Seized with coteaz, and walked around, and Piffed him with the pistol.

Set up 34" from an opposing bastion.  tore it down, killing the devastators on top, and the command squad with banner of devastation inside.

(5th ed)  Outflanked behind a brass scorpion of khorne, supercriticaled it, it took out 2 warhounds.. one of which went supercrit and took out a baneblade.   Plus assorted infantry.  

MUMUMUMUMUMULTIKILL! NIcely done man. That'll teach him for clustering up a bunch of superheavies ;)

My Vindicare was assaulted by the last two models remaining within my opponents death company. I thought he was going to get ripped apart until he managed to overwatch the first, then somehow got past the armour save and FnP thanks to his higher initiative.

Yeah it's kinda amusing when opponents put Marines into a Vindicare. They usually just slap eachother like nerds for 3 turns. 'Quit it!'. 'Stop it!'. 'Ouch!'. 'You're mean!'. Then you fail two invuls and die :(

Unless Sexy Alexis the Culexus comes in to bail him out.  I love the model, he looks like Prophet from the Crisis games.

1) I must now get a Culexus and call her that...

2) My Vindicare is only known by his callsign "Nomad"

In 5th Ed., I played against a Blood Angels army, (this was just after the new Codex came out).  My opponent had a Stormraven loaded with an assault squad and a Furiouso dreadnaught, along with four jumppack assault squads with two priests with their FNP bubbles.

First turn, I got the initiative, and my Vindicare shot the Stormraven, blowing it out of the air. Killed two Marines and immobilized the Dreadnaught, all near the back of his deployment area.

He of course charged his assault squads across the board.  On turns two and three, my Vindicare shot his priests, removing the FNP bubbles before assault began.

Definitely got my points back in that game.

Of course, lately my luck has returned to normal.  The last game I used him in, he shot in five turns, missed in one, and failed to wound, (on a 2+!) in three, and only managed to kill a single Marine with a grav gun.:(  Disappointing and hilarious at the same time.

Out of curiosity, how do people get him up the field these days? I've been toying with the idea of using a Rhino as a cheap bunker (plus his Stealth his handy when it gets wrecked, as he's unlikely to die from it exploding). 12" drive Turn 1 should get him into range of most things. 

Up the table?   I either infiltrate him, or outflank him normally.   Or I buy a bastion and an icarus lascannon, and have him snipe with 9/2 at forever range.

Heh. I just realised something dirty. His 'Deadeye' still procs when you're using the Icarus. Noice. 

Why stop at a bastion then... Why not snipe with a Macro Cannon from inside an Aquila strongpoint... 

Isn't there a fortress where you can mount a turbo-laser? I'll take BS8 Strength D blasts :)

Hahaha I know how you feel. It's something I would never bother to actually try. I play only friendliest in a pretty cruisey group.

Besides Cypher has BS 10 and the Deadeye rule seems less useful with a blast, or at least more confusing. So if I was to do it I would go with Cypher for almost guaranteed non scatter silliness.

Twice my Vindicate as snap shot Doom Scythes out of the air, much to my friends fury.

Turn one took out a bastion killing the khorne deamons within and the oblit on top. Later Libby summoned him and with his pistol he took down the soul grinder.

Archived