Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

VETERAN's - 2500

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

Sn4k30r

Sn4k30r

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 751 posts

after i played against raptor some games i cant say its way better than the Storm raven, 

Storm raven has more dakka infantry and Superior AT shots Especcially BA. Plus its a transport too.!

Raptor is good cause can split so many shots i think 4 targets by itself! (1 POTM, 1 each gunner  and main target) 

But except the 7 shots s6 ap 3 in front there are just some more s7 shots not bad not good either, In my opinion i would only go for a Raptor if i was to play against many flyers aka necrons which s7 is good, or against msu, extra good raptor has its 4HP, whistlingW.gif

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,750 posts

Oddly enough Sn4kor, i was contemplating rocking the quad bolters.  (2x 6 shots twinlinked) 

It does nicely for my anti-infantry- which im lacking a little.  Thoughts?

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort
"Use soft words and hard arguments." (Henry George Bohn [1796-1884].)

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Collection of Battle Reports
Corbulo Tactica

Sn4k30r

Sn4k30r

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 751 posts

In your case, raptor yes has more Anti-infantry with this setup thanthe SR, against infantry has better Strength and Ap of guns, but if you  still want more duality in the list you should

prefer SR i just love raptor for the 4x targets instead of 2 of a SR, and the higher HP that provides, but still you have to sacrifice AT-and transport (if you ever use it cause i dont! :D dont want fall from skiesinto ashes my marines ;D) 

if you have to play against HI Toughness (deamons more) prefer raptor higher s weaponry no need ap they get invu anyway, but if you have to face more Titans -AV i would stay on SR , The choice is your Morticon ! unless you have anything to add so i can help :P

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,750 posts

Looks like this is my final (minor tweaks aside):

Mephiston
Damocles Command Rhino

Corbulo

5x ASM - MG, MB, Axe
1x Las/Plas Razor
5x ASM 
1x Las/Plas Razor
10x Scouts - 5SR
5x DC - 1Axe

3x Attack Bikes- 3MM

4x Hyperios Launchers
1x Storm Raven
1x Fire Raptor

ADD ON 1: (anti titan)

DC Dread - Bashy Fists
SM Libby - Bike, Lvl 2, Axe
5x SM TACs - Gravgun
1x Razor- Las/Plas
10x Vanguard Vets- Fist, 6 MBs

ADD ON 2:  (Anti-errbody else)

DC Dread - Snippy Claws
10x Legion of the Damned - Cmbigrav,plasgun, MM, axe
SM Libby - Axe
5x SM TAC - Gravgun
1x Razor - Las/Plas
1x Thunderfire Cannon

Gamist, cheesy, beardy or broken; If Games Workshop put it in the book I'll gladly play against it, or with it. - Mort

There is no harm in, on occasion, having disagreements. It's another thing entirely, however, to be a tool in conveying that disagreement.

"OP: The term used by players to describe a combination of yours they are personally unable to beat"

Corbulo Tactica

Morticon

Morticon

++ FILIUS VINDICOR ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,750 posts

Here's my Raptor! 

CA-KAAAW!!! tongue.png

IMG_6023_zps2c5ba2d7.jpg

IMG_6020_zps773f3ff6.jpg

Edited by Morticon, 12 May 2014 - 06:18 AM.

Corbulo Tactica

Jolemai

Jolemai

++ CERDONIS CÆDIS ++

• ++ MODERATI ++
  • 13,682 posts

Pfft, that should have been an ETL vow!!!

gallery_62972_14467_5178.jpggallery_62972_14467_1351.jpggallery_62972_14467_4151.jpggallery_62972_14467_3390.jpg

Blogs Blood Angels | Veritas Vitae | Battle Reports | Terrain | IXth Legion | Miscellaneous Imperials
1000 Scout list W:0 D:0 L:4
1250 Death Company List (jump) W:0 D:0 L:4
1500 Light Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Dreadnought List W:1 D:0 L:1
1750 Hybrid List W:1 D:0 L:0
1850 Death Company List (mech) W:0 D:0 L:0
2000 Heavy Mech List W:0 D:0 L:0 Two Towers List W:4 D:0 L:4
Apocalypse W:1 D:0 L:0 | Heresy 2500 Mechanised IXth W:0 D:0 L:0