14th Company, VIII Legiones Astartes - Balth's WIP Log

Balthamal

"They were and continue to be nothing but fools, those of our cousins amongst the other Legions.Taking pride in standing, still alive, as the first day of the Long War dawned. Bearers of the Word. Children of the Emperor. Eaters of Worlds. Even the Angels of Darkness who cast away loyalty's chains and chose to stand free. Fools. To a man.They think that being amongst the first to scream their hatred over their fleeing shoulders at Terra justifies their spite, that it elevates them.

The dawn never matters. What matters is standing in the gathering dark of this Corpse-God's broken domain, blade's wet with the blood of billions as the midnight approaches, poised to bleed it white through a million deaths.The dawn is worthless to such as us. It is in the dark we grow powerful. It is in the dark we come"

Barbastellan Lasiurus, Duke of Blades, The Red Judge

The Crimson Testament (1,3,:4)

"Purpose"

Greetings one and all to the project log I've been putting on the back burner for the past couple of years. And I figure my 900th post is as good a place as any to being.  As many of you who've seen me trolling several forums know I'm a massive fan of the Night Lords and also a massive critic of the complete absence of variety on offer in C:CSM so I've gone down the 30k route where we actually have rules that are a) balanced b) fluffy and c) out and out cool. The 14th are indeed a HH army however they do indeed live to tell the tale into M41, without throwing away all the cool stuff because, you know, helbrutes and dark apostles are where it's at!!

So without further ado it's time to begin with.....

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/20140402_142707_zps31e977e2.jpg

This haul set me back several hundred pounds and there's plenty more still to go. Just waiting on a delivery of skulls (can never get too many skulls) and then bases and green stuff for the trophy sculpting and away we go! So with that intro out of the way, wish me luck.....

Thank you all for the early encouragement. I shall be drawing upon it for sustenance in the months to come no doubt. As for ETL...I'll be making a contribution of some form or other certainly however I'm going to hold off committing beyond reason for the time being. This is the army I've built towards and forced myself to improve my painting for. For years. So quality is definitely going to trump quantity.

This is the army I've built towards and forced myself to improve my painting for. For years. So quality is definitely going to trump quantity.

As it should always be, brother. I would hope for nothing less.

Any assistance you can give to the subforum, as we tear the ETL trophy from the cold, dead hands of the Dark Angels and Templars, would be greatly apprieciated.  :)

Haha I counted myself amongst the dark angels for last year's competition. But I've now cone to my true calling amongst the dedicated of the heresy forum. We'll have it in the bag with all the primarchs and felblades ;)

See, that's how I know you'll do this project justice. There are no illusions that it will be a quick or easy process. Just take your time, learn fun stuff along the way, and make 'em gorgeous. Do your kindred of the Eighth proud!

...'cause we'll be waiting for you with something sharp if you don't msn-wink.gif

See, that's how I know you'll do this project justice. There are no illusions that it will be a quick or easy process. Just take your time, learn fun stuff along the way, and make 'em gorgeous. Do your kindred of the Eighth proud!

...'cause we'll be waiting for you with something sharp if you don't msn-wink.gif

Since when were you in the Atramentar primed to do some executing? Oh wait, the Terminator...yeah brought that on myself there

Nice haul there! Mine arrived today too so looks like we'll be bashing a few of the VIII together at the same time, although I guess you'll be much quicker/better than me :)

Good luck keeping your sanity while washing all that resin and I look forward to see what you come up with

• 1 month later...

Ok fresh from the HH Weekender and with the inspiration I was looking for ignited, it is time to step forth and begin.

It is also at this point that I learned a valuable lesson: prep them a squad a time because cleaing all this lot was a back breaking chore. 

So WIP Pic number 2 of prep'd resin looks thus:

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag78/chud395/20140519_165507_zpsfc270896.jpg

Archived