Speedpainted Tzeentch Daemons project

GuitaRasmus

Dangit, sidetracked again - the Emperor is disappointed with me. Not that it's anything new, since the last loyalist army I painted was Dark Angels in 1993. But still.

I borrowed a horror from a buddy in my LGC, to test the colour scheme I've had in my mind for some time, using mostly airbrush and washes. It works really well, and is incredibly quick (about 20 for the horror, 30 mins for the screamer, start to finish):

horror.jpg

screamerhorror.jpg

Right?

Bottom line is, I bought 30 assembled, cleaned, primed and based horrors from my buddy, along with a herald on disc and 5 screamers for next to nothing. Here's the army I'm going for (1500 pts)

HQ:

Lord of Change, level 3

3 heralds på disc, Level 3, one has exalted Locus

Elite:

3 flamers

Troops:

3x 11 horrors, irridescent horror

Fast:

9 screamers

Heavy:

1x winged daemon prince of Tzeentch, daemonic armour

I got home last night, high on the paint scheme, rummaged through my bits boxes, and found some interesting bits - I quickly knocked this prince together, he's a little rough, but It'll be cleaned up:

dp1.jpg

dp2.jpg

I've also got a balrog, that'll become a lord of change, and I only need to get two chariots of tzeentch (disc heralds and screamers) and a pack of flamers, then I'm good to go.

My apologies, Emperor - I'm sorry, but the ways of fate are changing. ;)

I hope I haven't. ;-)

Here's the first basic structure of my balrog-based Lord of Change - obviously there's lots of greenstuffing to be done, and he's gonne have mouths and eyes around his body, but I really like where he's going:

loc1.jpg

"Wait a second, isn't that..."

Yes! Yes, he has a hand for a head! :D Explanation will come later, when I write up some fluff for him. ;)

loc3.jpg

loc4.jpg

loc2.jpg

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c9bae030a8999588d1f57d70103816d7/tumblr_n22z4mJvrj1tq4of6o1_500.gif

http://i.imgur.com/Nqyiry4.gif

And yes...I'm following.

Thanks! I'm rather inclined to it myself - like I said, I think it's really cool that it parts the waters somehow.

I made a herald out of three of the amazing little blue horrors from the chariot of Tzeentch - they have somehow stolen a heralds disc and his gadgets, and are now pretending to do the Heralds job on the battlefield - that is, when they stop squabbling long enough to conjure up some spells. msn-wink.gif

heraldhorrors.jpg

Sadly, I can't claim the idea as my own; it's stolen (how appropriate!) from Porcos amazing Tzeentch blog on Warseer:

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?372125-Porco-s-three-colored-daemons-army

I'm living that Lord of change, the hand head is both creepy and inspired, can I ask where you got the bottom jaw from for it?

Sure - it's from the new Tyranid Harpy - everyone seems to want to use Hive Crones, so I got some heads from the nid players in my LGC.

I do have to say that for someone who doesn't "do" Chaos, I sure end up saving a crap load of your images in my libraries. :)

I liked the bird head as well, but the hand is just trippy. In Life , always go with the trippy.

Archived