Need some help deciding...

I am tinkering with my list, as always, and would like your opinions on what you think is the better build.

7 x PAWG, bolt pistol, combi-plasma

1 x TDAWG, combi-plasma, power fist

Drop Pod [244]

This is the current pack that I have been using and it has performed well but they are a one-shot-wonder after they kill their target. 

5 x PAWG, 2 plasma pistols

1 x PAWG, combi-plasma, storm shield

1 x TDAWG, combi-plasma, power fist

Drop Pod [321]

This pack offers the maximum protection where the TDAWG can tank against small arms fire and the storm shield wolf can tank the low AP hits. It still has a decent amount of dakka as well.

7 x PAWG, 2 plasma pistols

Drop Pod [301]

This pack maximizes sustainable firepower. A WP gets added to the pack for the preferred enemy boost and to mitigate "It Gets Hot".

How is the rest of the list? Are all droppod? Do you use thunderwolves? etc

Without additional information is difficult to decide.

For my droppod unit, I don't expect them to survive but to fix the enemy and dictate where the battle will be fought and if possible, take out a opportunity target, so I try to leave them as cheap as possible: 10 grey hunters with 2 meltagun.

Anyway, I prefer your first option.

well, if you're going with Logan, the cookie-cutter unit is usually

7 Wolf Guard -231

-4x Combi-weapon, Bolt Pistol

-2x Terminator Armor (Choose power weapons as appropriate)

-1x Terminator Armor + Heavy Flamer

-Drop Pod

Cost-effective, good at eliminating immediate threats, and the 2 terminators out in front are good at catching bullets.

Double plasma pistols... isn't great. You can get another combi-plasma wolf guard for the price of the 2 plasma pistols, and if you scatter completely off base, but need to shoot something this turn, you've still got the 24" range. Also, boltguns+ heavy flamer is pretty effective against hordes. Or, if you have points to spare, you can always turn the heavy flamer into an Assault Cannon or Cyclone Missile Launcher

The double plasma pistol squad just seems to be great for dealing with heavy infantry and it remains a threat throughout the battle rather than just blasting away for one turn and then reliant upon bolters for the remainder of the game. I will have to try this out in an actual game and see how it performs.

The double plasma pistol squad just seems to be great for dealing with heavy infantry and it remains a threat throughout the battle rather than just blasting away for one turn and then reliant upon bolters for the remainder of the game. I will have to try this out in an actual game and see how it performs.

The issue is one of price. One pistoleer wolf guard costs more than two combi-plasma wolf guards. So you can get more firepower when it matters, you have more control over where that firepower goes, and you've got more durability and scoring presence.

Archived