Ave!

Indrick

Hello everyone!

After lurking on and off here for several years I decided it was time to create an account and start posting. I am just getting back into 40k after an absence of a few years, and I'd really like to start a Horus Heresy army. Currently in the process of getting a Flesh Tearers army commissioned but I think it would be a good idea to try my hand at painting again.

Speaking of which, I think what pushed me into making an account is ETL III: it'd be really cool to take part and get motivated at starting (more importantly painting) that Heresy army! I love the forgeworld heresy minis and I have a ton of them sitting around unassembled...

Welcome to the forum!

Good to see that you're already motivated to participate in the ETL IIII! It's a great way to motivate yourself to get some painting done!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask around or contact one of the Moderators via PM :)

Cheers,

Ludo

Thank you for the welcome.

Have to warn you though, my entry would probably be not too flash! I do really want to improve though, so got to get some practice in and ETL III is the perfect opportunity!

And I appreciate that Ludo, if I have any issues I'll be sure to let the mods know.

Hey, we all have to start somewhere and there is no shame from starting at the rock bottom ;)

More seriously, most people around here aren't serious professional painters so don't feel too intimidated (in case you were). Also, we're usually a helpful bunch, so you'll most probably see your skills improve in a rather short amount of time if you keep working at it :) As an example, have a look at Ace's thread here (link). He didn't start out as the world's best painter but has rapidly improved his techniques and gets some pretty decent results now!

And finally, there'll always be someone better than you at whatever it is you do, so you'd better get used to it :P

Thank you for the welcome.

Have to warn you though, my entry would probably be not too flash! I do really want to improve though, so got to get some practice in and ETL III is the perfect opportunity!

And I appreciate that Ludo, if I have any issues I'll be sure to let the mods know.

Welcome to the B+C smile.png

ETL III, like it's predecessors, is a very good way of getting an army painted in a relatively short space of time. I know this, as I managed 1800 points worth last year happy.png The various topics in the WIP, HoH and P,C&A will give a lot of inspiration on what to paint and how smile.png

I see Ludovic has pipped me to the post. happy.png

Can't let you have too much of an advantage over me post count-wise tongue.png

I see you've met those two already blink.png They're harmless enough, as long as you don't make any loud noises or move too quickly... laugh.png

Archived