Dark angel codex update

matthew.youngatl

Master of the Marches and Relics aren't even actual options outside of Apoc, they're just models. And Centurions are one singular model choice that the Dark Angels don't have. You've already got a 6th edition codex with a plethora of unique gadgets and tools that no one else can get. Why would you possibly need an update?

And the Space Marine book doesnt give Termies as troops, buffing banners, buffing speeder, plasma speeder, two unique planes, Veteran Bikers, Bike command squads, Termie command squads and Veteran Termies...  Do you want to give those to the Space Marine codex in trade?

Some of those may be sub-optimal choices but they are our choices and ours alone...  If you must wishlist for something then wish for them to fix the units we have to the power levels they were intended to be...

Or terminators with plasma cannons. Don't forget that awesomeness.

I even own one...  Sorry brother..

If you want better fliers then ally but be aware that the Vendetta got nerfed and the others might be going the same way....

I'd rather take a storm eagle, or fire raptor than the Nephilim.

One of each if only I could squeeze 600 points of flyers into my list without making it even more elite and expensive *sigh*

Hehe, if I was spending that many points, I'd just bring a thunder hawk for fun. :-D

If GW are indeed intending to produce newer FAQs (perhaps with an eye to 6.5/7th Edition) energies might be better spent in discussing workable and REALISTIC improvements - not the usual ott wish-listing rubbish - in the hope that games designers actually take note of the gaming community.

That way we can keep things on a more positive, constructive keel. Cynics need not apply ^_^.

Cheers

I

And the Space Marine book doesnt give Termies as troops, buffing banners, buffing speeder, plasma speeder, two unique planes, Veteran Bikers, Bike command squads, Termie command squads and Veteran Termies...  Do you want to give those to the Space Marine codex in trade?

Some of those may be sub-optimal choices but they are our choices and ours alone...  If you must wishlist for something then wish for them to fix the units we have to the power levels they were intended to be...

Grey knights get termies for troops. update to maybe lower the point value for termies. Bone stock they are 20 points less than grey knight terminators. what do you mean by the power levels. 

Ours are definitely too expensive if you want to run an all termie army, there's the age old problem with our codex design it that it is not really designed to meet our (the mono-wing player) needs. The GK dex for example really enables full TDA armies (support excluded) by making them cheap enough and giving them ways to deal with the inherent weaknesses elite small model count armies possess (having a Monstrous Creature and AV12 flyer also doesn't hurt smile.png ). Ours does not.

Dear old Mr Vetock has followed the previous dex style and aimed to have our DW as support for our company marines and not as a stand alone army (not bad in itself, just not necessarily what many DA players wanted). Our hammer units (including DW) are just too expensive to take enough of and there is more of a handicap in taking them than they are often worth (RW CS/Knights a noticeable exception). Yes you can list all the great things our termies get that others don't, but that still doesn't change the (anecdotal) 'fact' that across the board people struggle with full DW armies.

I believe the Rule of Cool is paramount when writing a list to many players but when that impacts on success (or just surviving) there is an issue. Look at the joy people got when typhoons and CMLs got proper missiles and stayed cheap, that was AWESOME and still didn't break the game, they simply provided a needed buff and didn't make us top tier.

There are many small changes that could be made to our dex to vastly improve the enjoyment of the players without breaking the game and each little nerf they add over time add up at list building time and ruin efficiency. Things like simple issues like 5pts for SS's and 30 pt DW vehicle upgrades rolleyes.gif that are in dex problems to our notorious FAQ nerfs like changing the PFG beyond what was needed to prevent abuse and making our DW Sgts pay Power-fist prices for Power-swords. I don't care if our Sgts HAVE to have a Sword to make them fluffy, I just want a ten point reduction to justify it.

Now I fully understand that winning tastes that much sweeter when done with a sub-par dex, it just is less frequent and if you are a casual gamer and only get a game in every couple of weeks or once a month then getting a win in less than half the time can become a bit of a drag (and helps create the dreaded cynicism tongue.png ).

Mr Isiah Sir, I'm thinking that some of the excellent work done by several older board members around the 3.5 period could do with a rehash, there is so much potential in our dex it's incredible and it is a real shame that much of it is unrealised. And you are right about attitudes, cynicism has limited use in that type endeavour, it is better utilised in a fault checking role than a developmental one and has no place when trying to sell ice to Eskimos tongue.png

biggrin.png

s

EDIT: TL/DR: I'm a Cynic that loves me some DA and likes winning :lol:

Grey knights get termies for troops. update to maybe lower the point value for termies. Bone stock they are 20 points less than grey knight terminators. what do you mean by the power levels. 

There is some internet discussion that our flyers and speeders may not be up to scratch..   That is what I meant about power levels...

There is some internet discussion that our flyers and speeders may not be up to scratch.. That is what I meant about power levels...

Idk I think the dark shroud and standard speeders are just fine, the only guy that I think needs some reworkinew is the vengeance. If it was even 15 points cheaper and had one more wound I'd probably take it and love it long time

Space marine get this, Grey knight get that... And then it's what? Embarking our tactical in a wave serpents covered by a Leman Russ and a riptide?

Man, no offense here but that's the point of releasing different army books : getting different options. The meaning of the answer of Brother Dean is that you cannot have termi and bike as troops out from the SAME CODEX along with plasma talons bikes and SoD...

It's a whole, you cannot have a reflexion entry by entry or option by option.

Asking for that is asking for the DA to be integrated in the vanilla dex. And it's a solution most of us don't want at all.

Stobz... I agree totally with Your view about DA codex... I was Here when there was the famous 3.5 codex...

If you check My thread about a 6.5 codex revision you can see what i mean... Not an OP revision but a subtle one that can help us to deal with tau and eldar...

Unfortunately most of DA players nowadays are happy with the current codex cause is better then the previous one even if it's subpar with all other 6th Edition codexes...

It's a fact that DA community is now an élite that get smaller each Edition...

I have become just a DA Collector/Painter during 5th Edition and i still am mainly cause i still have to fine the Joy to play and win with DA like in 2nd and 3rd Edition...

I share with you Stobz the sane cynical view about GW and DA cause i realised that GW doesnt put Too much effort on DA rules cause they DA Will sell anyway because of models and BG...

DA are an army For collectors, not For players...

Archived