2000 points of raven guard!

jake-man

i got the oppertunity this weekend to play my first game of 30k, with a lot of proxies on both sides and i had originally wanted to do death guard, however i think i would much prefer to play raven guard. More conversion oppertunities and more fun to play. So to the list.

HQ

praetor

master crafted paragon blade, digital weapons, iron halo, camo cloak, jump pack and melta bombs

librarian

level 2 using telepathy, artificer armour, refractor field and force axe

Elites

2 apothicaries

Troops

tactical squad

15 marines, vexilia, serg with artificer armour, camo cloak, melta bombs, combi plasma and raven talon

tactical squad

15 marines, vexilia, serg with artificer armour, camo cloak, melta bombs, combi plasma and raven talon

tactical squad

10 marines, vexilia, serg with camo cloak and ifravisor

Fast Attack

dark fury assault squad

10 raven talons

Heavy Support

Sicarian battle tank

las cannon sponsons

Sicarian battle tank

las cannon sponsons

Fortifications

Aegis deffence line 

quad gun

2000 points

praetor joins the dark furies and deep strike and get a nice 4+ cover save on the turn they arrive and they go for the enemies warlord and other nasty looking things

the librarian joins one of the tactical squads and hopefully gets any combination of phychic shriek, puppet master, hallucination and invisability

the apothicaries join the 2 big tactical squads to make them harder to shift

and most importantly all the infantry (without jump packs) have infiltrate =)

so any advice on how to improve the list would be much appriciated

my choice of telepethy is because i think it has better powers and is more fluffy. my worry with the list is I might not have enough anti tank or low ap large blasts and puppet master helps solve this as i can use my enemies weapons against them (which seems very sneaky and raven guard like) and psychic shriek gives me a way to take out high toughness/armour save models fairly well. the only thing divination gives me is precience and my current armies are eldar and a custodes army led bby cotea so i guess im just a bit board of divination as well lol =) 

to get to 3000 points i plan on removing the praetor and taking

Corax (when he eventually gets a model)

2 laser destroyer rapier batteries

allied legio cybernetica

magos dominos

infravisor

3 castelax

targetting arrays

6 thallax

with tank hunter and 2 multi meltas

I would like to know peoples suggestions on what i could take instead of the sicarians. I like the models and they are reallllllly good, but they dont seem that fluffy.... 
what could I take in there place that would do there job (or better!) that would be a fluffier choice??????

another thought i had was downgrading the lbrarian to lvl 1 and replacing the apothicaries with 2 laser destroyer rapier batteries????

Archived