Carapace vets from tempestus box

Hello all, I am visiting from the space wolves forum and have decided to expand from my meager 500 Point guard allies into a full list.

I was wondering if anyone thinks there would be a problem using the Militarum tempestus guys as carapace Veterans. I love the models but I was unsure if, due to the fact that they are another model in the Dex if that would be an issue.

Also does anyone know how many beret headed guys with no mask come in that set?

Thanks in advance

currently GW doesn't sell any models, aside from colour sgt kell that are wearing carapace armour. this means that unless you want to greenstuff them, or find any of the old stormtroopers/karskin models online scions are the only available "official" carapace armour. note that the weapons used by scions are still different though than the lasguns/shotguns used by veterans!

Basically what Hendrik said. You'd have to kit bask with Cadian arms for lasguns or space marine scout arms for shotguns to get the weaponry right but otherwise you'd be good to go. As long as it's WYSIWYG you can use whatever models you want. They're humans in carapace armour do they could be officers in carapace, veterans, inquisition henchmen, or even DKoK engineers with the right weapons.

Well using them as Veterans is no problem at all. I am planing to do so my self if I include imperial guard to my Tempestus army. 

First of. 

There are a whooping 9 beret heads, not 5. And 9 of the heads with helmets. So in total you get 18 heads for 5 models... Bits anyone?

The weapon, or rather the hot shot lasgun, can be converted pretty easy to a standard issue lasgun with some minor cuts. 

First of all you need to cut of the cables giving the lasgun the extra boost. Now the hot shot lasgun already has the lasgun magazine... so basically the cables are connected to the magazine of the lasgun. Already here we have taken away a lot of the hot shot lasgun feel. 

Now second part is up to your self. The standard issue lasgun has a large casing (the majority of the weapon) and a nuzzle, while the hot shot lasgun is divided into casing, barrel and nuzzle. 

The barrel is the suspicious part here. Now you could either cut it along the sides to make it flat (as the barrel is a thing round one), or cut it of and add another bit there and attach the nuzzle, or make the lasgun a "carbine", meaning cut of the barrel and just add the nuzzle. There are probably tons of ways of doing it. 

Thanks for the replies guys. I have a few spare lasguns kicking around so I should be OK modding the guns or swapping them out depending on how it goes. It did look like the only carapace kit around, but I do occasionally miss things so I thought I'd check with u kindly lot to make sure that was a good plan

If you are trying to save money, you can Green Stuff armor plates on the cadians. Cheap, easy, and they look pretty cool. Example:

http://www.dakkadakka.com/gallery/59010-Captain%20%22Hawkeye%22%20Pierce.html

As you can see this person went overboard with third party bits like Kromlech and Pig Iron. Not necessary but a cool option.

There are a whooping 9 beret heads, not 5. And 9 of the heads with helmets. So in total you get 18 heads for 5 models... Bits anyone?

9 beret heads? I must have misread the product description on GW website. Are some of those with berets and masks?

9 beret heads? I must have misread the product description on GW website. Are some of those with berets and masks?

Only one of those nine has a mask. Though there is only seventeen heads (eight helmeted).

Archived