Alpha Legion Colour Schemes?

Hello everyone, I know this thread is a bit old but I was wondering if anyone has used the FW clear paints in place of the tamiya, to do a AL representation? I also have heard of Vallejo clear blue and green but I am not sure if it is model color or other Vallejo line. Does anyone have any new updated information or formulas to add on this topic? I am planning a Alpha Legion army and have started assembling the models I want but still need to finish another project. This is all part of my research phase and I am impressed with what has been posted. Excellent work

FW clear paints work fine I think, I've used them to some success airbrushing alpha legion - here is a dodgy picture of a Praetor, post-airbrush but pre-anything else. I'll try and pull out some better pictures. 

http://i.imgur.com/Vf6ugfP.jpg?1

I'm certainly interested in what people use to thin their FW clear paints with. 

Edited by WhatTheBlazes

I haven't been using anything to thin my FW clears and have just been using them in place of the tamiya clears as per a scheme I found in this very thread way back when.

I've posted loads of photos in my thread on this forum along with a paint scheme I believe.

Hello everyone, I know this thread is a bit old but I was wondering if anyone has used the FW clear paints in place of the tamiya, to do a AL representation? I also have heard of Vallejo clear blue and green but I am not sure if it is model color or other Vallejo line. Does anyone have any new updated information or formulas to add on this topic? I am planning a Alpha Legion army and have started assembling the models I want but still need to finish another project. This is all part of my research phase and I am impressed with what has been posted. Excellent work

FW clear paints work fine I think, I've used them to some success airbrushing alpha legion - here is a dodgy picture of a Praetor, post-airbrush but pre-anything else. I'll try and pull out some better pictures. 

http://i.imgur.com/Vf6ugfP.jpg?1

I'm certainly interested in what people use to thin their FW clear paints with.

Nice! That came out good. Thanks for the info. It certainly seems the FW clear paints are a good substitute. Cheers!

I haven't been using anything to thin my FW clears and have just been using them in place of the tamiya clears as per a scheme I found in this very thread way back when.

I've posted loads of photos in my thread on this forum along with a paint scheme I believe.

Thanks for sharing that with us. I suppose they are made with airbrushes in mind and like Vallejo they can be used as they are. Can you post a link to your thread with the pics you mentioned?