Alpha Legion Colour Schemes?

Hahaha. Yes, I modelled him as if about to bite the pin of the granade, and then realized he's wearing a helmet :p

Thanks for the kind words. Betrayer41, your Alpha Legion is looking awesome!

Hahaha. Yes, I modelled him as if about to bite the pin of the granade, and then realized he's wearing a helmet :tongue.:

A helmet that he can probably magnetise, so it still makes sense!

I think slamming down a brew quick before battle is better background :wink:

Yep, like this Suicide Squad guy XD

Captura

Hahaha. Yes, I modelled him as if about to bite the pin of the granade, and then realized he's wearing a helmet :tongue.:

A helmet that he can probably magnetise, so it still makes sense!

I think slamming down a brew quick before battle is better background :wink:

So magnetize the hand as well. There must be a mug in your bitsbox somewhere. If not, I bet you can make one from a meltabomb. ;)

The grenade "pins" are actually pop-off tabs, and they can hook them under their helmet or an armor plate to set them off.  I also think he would look very classy with an old horn pipe in that hand. :D

Thanks for the kind words. Betrayer41, your Alpha Legion is looking awesome!

Sorry I realised I didn't quote you, so u probs wudnt have seen my message.. ^

Hi! Sorry, I have been totally disconnected this weekend. The color recipe is as follows: 

Base: Scale 75 Cobalt Alchemy (Airbrush)

Light 1: 2xCobalt Alchemy, 1xEmerald Alchemy, 2xWhite Alchemy. (Airbrush)

Light 2: 2xCobalt Alchemy, 1xEmerald Alchemy, 4xWhite Alchemy. (Airbrush)

Glaze: 1xCobalt Alchemy, 6xWater. (Brush)

Glaze: 1xTamiya Blue, 6xWater. Apply 2 times (Brush).

Glaze: 1xTamiya Green, 6xWater. Apply 2 times (Brush).

Glaze: 1xTamiya Blue, 6xWater. Apply 2 times (Brush).

Weathering: Flesh Wash. Recesses and near mechanical parts.

Dark Lining: Custom 50% black, 50% blue ink (GW's).

Layer highlight 1: 1xCobalt Alchemy, 2xWhite Alchemy.

Layer highlight 2: 1xCobalt Alchemy, 5xWhite Alchemy.

Glaze: 1xTamiya Blue, 8xWater.

Edge highlight: Pure White Alchemy.

Battle damage: Typhus Corrosion. Underline with White Alchemy.

Glaze: 5xTamiya Blue, 1xTamiya Green, 16xWater.

It is a little too involved, but I am sure you can cut a step (or four) and get a very symilar result -I am not doing it because I am afraid the marines would look noticeably different. 

I hope it helps!

Edited by Hellath

Third marine is complete (I seem to be painting at a rate of one marine per month. Oh, dear...)

Also, I have decided to rebase my marines due to 2 facts: 

1. The resin rocks are cool, but a bit too much for regular line marines.

2. The bases you have seen were painted for another, discarded project, over six months ago, and I can't remember the colors I used :tongue.:

IMG 2309

I will still stick to the brown-red sand theme, as I reckon it compliments the color scheme nicely. I will just make sure I write down the colors this time. 

Edited by Hellath

Awesome Health! And thanks for the blue recipe!

What about gold and black did u use GW or 75s ?

GW's Citadel paints for the metallics. The golds are the more recent ones, released with the AoS minis. I love that gold. I shade it with flesh wash and glaze over with purple ink. 

• 3 months later...

I would really like to paint my alphas in a colourschime that's a lot like this

http://67.media.tumblr.com/fe035e40429e9202c6529862f4b6a2f8/tumblr_ntz7ehCM951snnik4o1_1280.jpg

However i lack both the paints to experiment to find the right shade or an airbrush to blend colours nicely together.

On top of that i only have acess to GW paints as i dont have a decent hobby store within a days drive

can anyone help me?

Edited by TheCelticRaven

However i lack both the paints to experiment to find the right shade or an airbrush to blend colours nicely together.

On top of that i only have acess to GW paints as i dont have a decent hobby store within a days drive

can anyone help me?

I got a similar/slightly darker colour using Tamiya Light Metallic Blue spray. I realise that you don't have a hobby shop nearby, but maybe you could source it online.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4365_zpshkdbkag5.jpg

can anyone help me?

I got a similar/slightly darker colour using Tamiya Light Metallic Blue spray. I realise that you don't have a hobby shop nearby, but maybe you could source it online.

http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l522/kizzdougs/DSCN4365_zpshkdbkag5.jpg

This is beautiful. I wish i had thaat type of technical skill. I need to learn to do weathering, and chipping and the eyes like that. Great stuff

Was all that done by just the spray?

After spraying the mini I gave the armour a wash with some thinned down Tamiya Clear Green and then 'black lined' the armour with some watered down Abaddon Black. That was pretty much it for the armour.

If you want to see how I painted the rest of the mini check out post #1806 and #1808 in my WIP thread. I've done a step by step for the Alpha :)

Kizzdougs, how did you do that base? I love it.

Cheers

Vogon.

Thanks mate! I've posted a step by step for the base in my WIP thread. Check out post #1656 :)

can anyone help me?

This is beautiful. I wish i had that type of technical skill. I need to learn to do weathering, and chipping and the eyes like that. Great stuff

Thanks bro! It's all just practice and a steady hand. The weathering and chipping is fairly new to me, but it's also pretty straightforward and easy to learn. Have a look at some of my more recent work in my WIP thread to see how I did the chipping and weathering :)

Kizzdougs, very lovely scheme indeed! Nice to see more Alpha Legionaires :) May I ask for the link of name of your thread please? Cheers!

Not gonna post my pics here, but thats the link to my thread where I already did my 1st tac vet squad and nearly done with the cmd squad:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/320532-my-temple-of-the-hydra-30k-alpha-legion-wips-and-more/

Enjoy!

Kizzdougs, very lovely scheme indeed! Nice to see more Alpha Legionaires :smile.: May I ask for the link of name of your thread please? Cheers!

Not gonna post my pics here, but thats the link to my thread where I already did my 1st tac vet squad and nearly done with the cmd squad:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/320532-my-temple-of-the-hydra-30k-alpha-legion-wips-and-more/

Enjoy!

Thanks mate. I just had a look at your Alphas in the link that you posted. Very nice work :tu:

Hear is a link to my WIP thread. The Alpha is one page 72 and 73 :) http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/236305-the-sekhmet-hh-emperors-children-breacher-shields-7516/

I looked at it and really love it! I think we're drawing our ideas for the XX in a similar way, but you just did more weathering, while mine look more standard or whatever the word is :D But it definitely fits my style as well, can really relate to it!

• 1 year later...
Hello everyone, I know this thread is a bit old but I was wondering if anyone has used the FW clear paints in place of the tamiya, to do a AL representation? I also have heard of Vallejo clear blue and green but I am not sure if it is model color or other Vallejo line. Does anyone have any new updated information or formulas to add on this topic? I am planning a Alpha Legion army and have started assembling the models I want but still need to finish another project. This is all part of my research phase and I am impressed with what has been posted. Excellent work