Plague Toads

Uprising

They are adorable - so get some and paint them!

I plan to, I just love the models.  Beside they will look good beside my nurgle daemon and about 200 plus plague zombies led by typhus.  I can't wait till I get my khorne army done for ETL 3 so I can start on my zombie project!  

Also, don't forget to do a Plague lord mounted on one... Maybe it can be a Jump Pack tongue.png

*BOIIIIINNNNG*

"Brother Jim, what's that in the sky?"

"I'm not sure, Brother Steve. Maybe it's- OH HOLY EMPEROR!!!!"

*SPLAT*

"Ribbit"

Look like I will use them nurgle spawn, beast of nurgle, and add a magnet for each so I can attach a marine rider for count as jump pack (thinking two lords and one sorc)  

@Raptor:  I love the idea, what chapter is brother Jim and Steven from, your choice(Just please no green chapters)

Also is it just me or does the front toad have a "why so serious" Joker face?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-Arh2hjV01uc/UQXUE8nhZzI/AAAAAAAABPU/Cd_VRbaJac0/s1600/DSCF4649.JPG

Haha I hadn't thought about it dude. Lamenters maybe? They have the worst luck sweat.gif

One suggestion if you go about doing this, gotta do a Wicked-witch-of-the west type thing where just the legs are sticking out! teehee.gif

I got some over a year ago and they are really really nice models and a joy to paint. Really easy.

Problem using them as spawn is the giant dreadnought base however so ive only used them as nurgle spawn once.

Seems the beast of nurgle codex entry is absolutely made for these models but they are the sjngle least talked about unit in the whole 'dex So ive not tried them :(

Really?

I confess I don't pay attention to 40k daemons that much, but given how much I hear complaints from players of both games that the 40k and WHFB daemon books are copy-pastes of each other, I tend to assume units are fairly equal across the lines. And Beasts are one of the auto-includes for WHFB daemons. Huh.

Maybe I should give the daemon codex a closer look.

In a mono-Nurgle list, Beasts of Nurgle are obviously auto include. In other lists, they still provide some nice benefits: they are extremely durable to small arms fire, they are beasts, so still pretty fast, and the Atention Seeker SR makes them quite helpful when you get assaulted.

When I run them, I either: A) keep them in reserve then Deep Strike them behind/close to the enemy as a durable distraction unit (and tarpit extraordinaire), or B) deploy them near my objective holders to help dissuade chargers, or at least keep troops choices alive longer. Run them with a Feel No Pain Herald with a few Biomancy powers for extra fun.

One thing to keep in mind though, they are still outclassed by other units, who can do their job better, namely Flesh Hounds and Seekers of Slaanesh. Hounds are still pretty tough, but provide more attacks in combat, and while Seekers are wayyyyyyy cheaper and extremely potent in the assault, they are about as tough as a newborn haemophiliac bunny.

Archived