So, how's your ETL prep going?

Dragonlover

I've got 34 Marines and Huron/Chaos Lord basecoated and waiting for the wash to hit. I ran some math, and provided I get the first fifteen done by the end of May, I should be fine. I like to schedule my time as though I have a week less to finish than I do, otherwise I'll get complacent.

Dragonlover

I have three flies prepped and 7 seeker mounts. Just have to finish off building and spraying the riders. The dps are kind of in a mixed stage still greenstuffing bits and pieces. As for the marine models they are all built up and greenstuffed just awaiting a coat of spray paint :)

I've gotten a couple models primed. Several more (Noise marines, demon prince conversion) are in assembly and clean-up stage. Including the red butchers, where just desprueing the champion has caused two cuts in my thumb, and I still have the other 4 guys to prep. cry.gif But khorne cares not from whence the blood flows, merely that it flows.

Either that, or he's really pissed that I'll be using Khorne terminators when my pledge will be dedicated to the Slaanesh sub-forum. ph34r.png

A total of cca 50 Eur spent on paints, basecoat spray and an additional 20 Eur spent on citadel texture, basing material and grass. Add to the equation a preorder on the Citadel Drill, Painting Palette and some glazes. And without counting cca 400 Eur spent on Daemons of Tzeentch models, Chaos Space Marine models and a Dark Vengeance LE kit (which somehow went forgotten in my gameclub only to be found by me). 

I will officially begin on May 1st, not a minute before. I want to assemble an army of Alpha Legion and Daemons of Tzeentch and most probably my first entry will be the 20 extra Cultists in order to test the waters. Following up I have Daemons on schedule and in the end Alpha Legion marines, along with the DV CSM part. 

All in all it is viable, I have done army commissions in less time but again we will see how the work progresses. But the general idea is 2000 points worth of Chaos for the ETC this year, with another 1000 points reserved for similar events in this year. 

Unfortunately bar the Helbrute kit, no other CSM were released by May so I will rather invest my time in painting Daemons. They are a tournament army and never fail to impress.

Unfortunately, the timing stinks.  I'm moving on May 1, so right now all my gaming stuff is packed and probably won't get unpacked for a few days afterwards.  Result, I'll be operating at a deficit in time.  Though I suppose that since I'm not planning on vowing a huge number of models it isn't going to hurt me too badly.

I feel so bummed that we can't do more than one faction.

I have:

30 Death Guard marines (MK III for 30K but could count as CSM too)

20 Cataprachtii Terminators

3 bikes

A Spartan LR

That could all count as 30K or CSM

Then:

Another Heldrake

A Hell Talon

6 Slaanesh Seekers

The Masque

A Brass Scorpion

That would be CSM / CD

But my other GK / Inq list is also so much bigger and it also counts together with IG - of which I have a couple of Tanks and a new Wyvern that also needs painting.

Decision is driving me crazy. Maybe that means I need to go Chaos. Aaaaargh.......

need to convert/sculpt a unt of possessed and termys for my nurgle army, finish sculpting bits on a slaanesh lord and build an assortment of psykers and a unit of noise marines then i can start painting, think i have about 5000 pts atm

• Landraider - Built, ready for primer

• Daemonettes - First 10 built and primed (Need to build the last 10 and the Herald)

• Cultists - All 15 built and primed

• Screamers - All 6 built, ready for primer

• Contemptor - Build in progress (about  80% complete)

I am currently at finals week of college so preparing is not happening till this saturday when I have my miniature with me.  Then the flood gates will be release.  Saturday(26) I complete all the house work and prepare for my internship over the summer.  On Sunday(27), I am listing four different armies that I do not use anymore/play on ebay, and going to the game store to spend about one hundred dollars on paints and bitz.  Then monday-wedsnday is non stop stripping models,assembly, removing mold lines, and priming hopefully.  3 days for prep seems to much? look at what I am vowing, the two chaos armies I bought in the last year.  

The first pic is this lot that I got for three hundred.  Half been stripped, rest still in simple green for the last year(thick paint :/) Time for hard core paint removal!  

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h142/Uprising014/2605aa45bb094d80ad29e4cc7179140f_zps8a2f48ad.jpg?t=1398268102

The other lot is my khorne Daemon I got for $180 while on vacation which is already assemble(just need to get rid of mold lines).  It includes 

9 blood crusher

2 daemonic princes with wings

1 bel-akor

1 blood thrister

1 soul grinder

1 metal skulltaker

20 flesh houmds(10 old metal chaos hounds, 10 dire wolves)

70 bloodletters

3 flamers

custom made army case.

Finally will be some WB, some heroes, 40 some termi, and heldrakes for some fun!  Can't wait to get home!  

Hopeful I can get everything done to my standards.  

There's a ridiculous amount that I could theoretically pledge, but I'll probably aim for higher-point vows where possible. Larger Terminator squads and such should oblige nicely I hope!

Oh, and the odd surprise.

Primed Black

Warpsmith

Sorcerer

3 Bloodcrushers

19 Plaguebearers

Helbrute AC + ML OR Scourge (Magnetized)

Helbrute MM + PF (DV Kit)

10 CSM w/BP + CC, Champ with LC (MKIV FW)

Daemon Prince

Storm Eagle

---

To Build/Prime or In Transit

Decimator (Transit)

Dark Apostle - Erebus (Prime)

Chaos Lord Terminator, 2 LC - Kor Phearon (Prime)

Heldrake (Build/Prime)

Herald of Nurge (Transit)

10 Plaguebearers (Transit)

Lord of Change (Prime)

---

Need Rules (IA13)

Sicaran@!

I think thats it for now that I have or that is on its way...

EDIT: Spelled Plague wrong, twice, in different ways. I'm gifted.

just picked up another box of plague bearers and a box of chaos marines to make more noise marines. im just torturing myself here haha

Just trying to make the Noise Marines fell welcome, I see. 

i love noise marines, dont care if people see them a good unit or not, they float my boat in ways i cant say on a family forum

Okay just made a list of what I've managed to get together.

Primed:

7* Seekers

1* Herald of Slaanesh on seeker mount

3* Plague Drones

2*12 Cultists autoguns

Built:

5* Dark vengeance chosen

1* Chaos Lord

Still being converted:

3* Daemon Prince with wings

5* Plague Marines dual melter

6* Plague Marines flamer

5* Raptors dual melter power fist

--> Aprox 1800 points worth

Edit: Still got three bases of nurglings aswell :P 

Forgefiend is half built. Trying to resist doing anything too mad to it.

Can't decide what else to do as I know how slow I paint. Possibly a winged Daemon Prince of Slaanesh.

Can't decide what else to do as I know how slow I paint. Possibly a winged Daemon Prince of Slaanesh.

A tide of Nurglings. Billions and billions of Nurglings!

Come on - how about it? I say we each do like a thousand.

A tide of Nurglings. Billions and billions of Nurglings!

Come on - how about it? I say we each do like a thousand.

Don't really work with the divine prince.

Archived