Welcome to The Bolter and Chainsword
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Scythes of the emperor.... Update 13/11/18

• Please log in to reply
1232 replies to this topic

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
  • Faction: Worldeaters
He's looks awesome. Updates?
gallery_22910_7234_61462.png

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts
  • Faction: Crimson fists and a small amount of Imperial fits
Gentlemen thank you so much for the comments, and biohazard, this so happens to be an update comment back brother.

So I've gotten the OSL done and finished on the chaplains eye lenses, now I didn't want some massive amounts of OSL but enough to give a more 'evil' look, given the brutality look of the pose I've done and made.

18814EF1-90B6-4937-AD97-71C5D770E360_zps

Unfortunately the light has washed out the blends on the bone helm and made it look very flat. But you can see the OSL just right hopefully. (Day light shots will be taken with the right back ground once he's finished)

Right into other parts of my project, my third tactical squad is getting some work in and I've gotten a lot done on the squads trainee 'medic' (counts as a normal bolter marine) as I wanted each squad to have its own look and indentity

D2A762E3-6284-44BB-991E-2FB4764E0236_zps

2AB779E8-ADFB-420C-8E80-81D81E6264DB_zps

C5F5EB4B-49D0-4FCF-B0CD-70EF5F821B84_zps

He's still a work in progress but yeah.

Last part. Last night I had to baby sit my nieces (my brother lives 40m next door to me, so no long walk) lol

62A1F3C5-21B6-45E0-8F38-34C5007B6D43_zps

So as I needed to black out a lot of armour parts I decided to take the baby sitting seriously and get my black armour let's done on my tanks by hand

E321E9B3-36FA-4B56-960B-614FB81B50E3_zps

Land raider only had one side done in the end, but I managed to get this started to one of the rhinos

E257ED1D-3B2C-4053-8553-B51BF6967AD4_zps

7BBC11CA-09E1-4B1C-899C-933578CD4E8F_zps

Hope you guys like the update and as always drop and leave any criticism and comments

"For the ghosts of sotha"
  • Lord Commander Eidolon, Soric, NightHunters and 9 others like this
"My brothers we have been sorely wounded and brought to our knees, but i ask you to rise from the ashes of despair, by flamer we'll burn, by bolter we'll purge and by blade we'll cut out the heart of the greenskin body, Brothers rise, for you are sons of Dorn, for we the Crimson fists and we shall never fail" - Pedro Kantor

"going up against Stealers with lightning claws marks you as borderline psycho in any case...."

lionofjudah

lionofjudah

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,065 posts
  • Faction: Space Wolves
Your work continues to inspire me and the yellows and blacks of my fists:)
What colors are you highlighting your black(I'm on a mobile most of the time and sifting through your many pages is a little challenging if you've already given your recipe)

Midnightmare

Midnightmare

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,929 posts
Great work as ever bro, love the Chaplains eye lenses and you freehand is looking tight on the rhino :tu:
bl-logo.jpggallery_45765_12339_50558.png
“We are returned”
Black Legion WIP
Flesh Eaters WIP
Tutorial:Glowing Eyes/Power Weapons
Index Astartes:Flesh Eaters

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators

Some fantastic work - as always - in this thread. I always enjoy seeing what you're up to, and I think that your Chaplain is suitably sinister. 

Looking forward to seeing your continued progress!

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,007 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV

Great work on the chappy and the medic! Also, that black side is a smart way to hide that crevasse that is sometimes left on top of the sides of the rino builds. (I too am a quick builder, and it sometimes goes wrong...). It's also a darn cool colour scheme. :tu:

But wait: where's the apothecary's narthecium?

NightHunters

NightHunters

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,293 posts
  • Faction: Night Hunters
Buddy, turning into a painting machine!

Loving the work on the rhinos, swiftly becoming a big, as well as astonishingly well painted army, such big respect, now get back to it by the Emperor!

recon0321

recon0321

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,973 posts
  • Faction: VII LEGION ASTARTES
How did you do the Scythe on the Rhino? Stencil? Very nice...that chaplain looks really nice has a menacing look
Profile photo courteous of Flint13

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts
Would like to thank everyone for their messages, and for the symbol on the rhino that is hand painted, no stencil.

Right bit of an update......

Chaplain is now finished

C8F57D88-8A66-4011-9BB1-661EAAC1CF5C_zps

He's been imensely fun to paint and I've tried new techniques on him and really focused on the bone colour and the OSL on the eye lenses.

Onto my two tac marines I've been getting on with

6A47C381-0CC5-4596-A269-D2D1940025AB_zps

734AABAC-CF9C-4822-9219-71D64C2CFB03_zps

E3599F15-B542-453C-810E-6AEF34C494DA_zps

69A4EAA7-B868-47E2-B4A6-E4EE86DCDA9E_zps

And I ended up making this guy.....just because I want the models weapon load out and look and because he's my fav character

C4982A09-84F8-4661-AC33-CE014530DE36_zps

I know I won't be able to use him in games as kantor but I just wanted to make him and eventually paint him up in scythes colours

Hope you like the update people and as always drop your comments and criticism
  • Large and Moving Torb, Soric, DuskRaider and 17 others like this
"My brothers we have been sorely wounded and brought to our knees, but i ask you to rise from the ashes of despair, by flamer we'll burn, by bolter we'll purge and by blade we'll cut out the heart of the greenskin body, Brothers rise, for you are sons of Dorn, for we the Crimson fists and we shall never fail" - Pedro Kantor

"going up against Stealers with lightning claws marks you as borderline psycho in any case...."

millest

millest

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,485 posts

loving this thread, can never get enough mate.

ive got two quick questions though:

1 - are you still using your same yellow recipie from page 1 of the thread? might come in useful for my imperial fists project

2 - do you have a planned recipie for your crimson fists scheme (i know youve only done an arm so far)? as that might come in very useful for my RT crimson fists project.

thanks and look forward to more kick ass models

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts

loving this thread, can never get enough mate.

ive got two quick questions though:

1 - are you still using your same yellow recipie from page 1 of the thread? might come in useful for my imperial fists project

2 - do you have a planned recipie for your crimson fists scheme (i know youve only done an arm so far)? as that might come in very useful for my RT crimson fists project.

thanks and look forward to more kick ass models

Question 1: still the same yellow, I stocked up on the current colours I use to ensure I can paint a big project.

Question 2: I have a massage Crimson fists thread on here as it goes, they was my first big project, and what I'm doing is ATM as my money is accounted for in re using some
Of my Crimson fists models, stripping them and then adding them to my scythes

Thanks for your comment also

millest

millest

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 1,485 posts

cool, thanks for that, i will try to dig up the thread :)

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts
Lol it's buried deep bro lol

Augustus b'Raass

Augustus b'Raass

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,007 posts
  • Faction: VII, VIII, XII, XIV

The chaplain turned out great. Excellent work on the OSL, Griz. Also, that flamer guy is an absolute beast! :tu: 

Grizzly_bear

Grizzly_bear

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,837 posts

The chaplain turned out great. Excellent work on the OSL, Griz. Also, that flamer guy is an absolute beast! :tu:

Thank you bro.....hopefully this update you will think the same.

So in May I have a big game coming up against a tyranid player who plays give fleet kraken (big cheer I hear) lol any way, we wanted a real story telling game so obviously in running ultra chapter tactics but he's also allowed me to take kantors profile and rules just swapping out preferred enemy:orks to preferred enemy:tyranids.

So me being me made the scythe version of kantor....he's a captain for fluff terms.....here's what I have

Captain Vindica of the newly formed 3rd company

As Captain of a Sythes strike crusier, Vindicta took to the void with the rest of his chapters fleet to do battle with the Devourer as it attempted to rest orbit of Sotha. Despite destroying one hive vessel and crippling several others his vessel, the sickles strike, was hit by tyranid boarding organisms. as he fought them in the corridors his ship broke apart beneath his feet. With only his mag-locks to keep him to the shattered hull plate he could only stand and watch as the tyranid bio ships dropped scores of organisms onto Sotha, he could only scream impotentnly as he watched his world, his people and his chapter be ripped apart.

Picked up by a vessel of the Ultramarine reinforcement fleet after almost a full terran year in the red dream he was determined to have his vengance.

Pictures, he's still a WIP still Got to get rid of the fist symbol on the power pack

6E9AE4B7-188C-4756-9CE7-38D4535FF855_zps

1DB862E8-172F-4A70-89C5-DD6855379287_zps

B29FF3C6-FC81-4FC3-ABB7-BC372D3B1029_zps

F4E8FE10-0707-4EF9-A070-5410B070B31E_zps

05DFAD9D-B790-4C8F-BB1E-93E31841E57E_zps

Comments and critique always welcome
  • Commissar Molotov, Soric, DuskRaider and 13 others like this

Soldier of Dorn

Soldier of Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,521 posts
  • Faction: VII-284BTN
Nice! It's always awesome to see models and fluff taking precedence over the restrictions of the existing rules!

gallery_78067_11287_41024.pnggallery_78067_11287_2164.pnggallery_78067_11287_16564.png

For the light of Sol, and the earth of Terra, we stand. For the oaths we made, we stand. For the blood in our veins, we stand.
For the stones laid by our ancestors, we stand. For the days that have passed and the days that shall come, we stand.
For the living and the honour of the dead, we stand.

Commissar Molotov

Commissar Molotov

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 7,216 posts
  • Faction: The Castigators
Awesome, fantastic stuff.

QUOTE (voi shet magir @ May 31 2011, 05:38 AM
That is an unexpectedly strong assertion from a dead person.

Lord Commander Vulkus Dorn

Lord Commander Vulkus Dorn

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 214 posts
  • Faction: Blood Angels

Nice

"They shall be MY finest warriors, these men who give of themselves to ME. Like clay I shall mold them and in the furnace of war forge them. They will be of iron will and steely muscle. In great armor shall I clad them and with the mightiest guns shall they be armed. They will be untouched by plague or disease, no sickness will blight them. They will have tactics, strategies and machines such that no foe can best them in battle. They are MY bulwark against the Terror . They are THE Defenders of Humanity. They are MY Space Marines and they shall KNOW NO FEAR!

AlanofAngels

AlanofAngels

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 586 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords

That captain is looking insanely promising dude! That head is one of my favorites; I bought the tank crew kit just for that head lol. Keep it up man! 

Night Lords (Current)

Pre-Heresy Alpha Legion

gallery_47732_9950_12581.jpg friday-award.png  gallery_29004_9303_6178.png Nostraman_zpsf4be09e4.pngNight%20Lord-01_zpsxbdvmpou.png

"If every time the populace gazes toward the night sky and thinks of us, that is the purest victory of all. Fear. And it lasts forever."

-Raptor Captain Delantyr Orion, Night Lords XCl 'Tenebrous Winter' Company

war009

war009

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,332 posts
  • Faction: Raptors/ Grey Knights/ Sisters

Nice as always

Soric

Soric

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 246 posts
  • Faction: Novamarines
The Pedro count as looks ace as does your Chaplain and the recent tactical squad. It just goes to show what a mix of armour marks and parts can do to make space marines look really unique. I wish I had some more mark II armour parts kicking about in my bitz box (even though I've always felt mark IV was my favourite). Keep up the good work Grizzly.

Brother Heinrich

Brother Heinrich

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 2,977 posts
  • Faction: Night Lords, Blood Angels

Grizzly_bear's Kantor is best Kantor.

• Alpharaz likes this

Night%20Lord-01_zpsxbdvmpou.pngBlood%20Angel-01_zpswjlpjn40.png

Dosjetka

Dosjetka

++ TUTATOR MONTEM ++

• ++ MODERATI CEDO ++
  • 13,160 posts

Not keen on the huge codpiece. Otherwise, neat. :tu:

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

You carry the Emperor's will as your torch, with it destroy the shadows.

Biohazard

Biohazard

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,244 posts
  • Faction: Worldeaters
He's off to a great start buddy. Look forward to seeing him progress
gallery_22910_7234_61462.png

Kizzdougs

Kizzdougs

+FRATER DOMUS+

• + FRATER DOMUS +
  • 3,161 posts
  • Faction: III Legion

'Kantor' is looking great, dude! Looking forward to seeing him painted up :tu:

The Sekhmet plus Emperor's Children and general 30k | Word Bearers plus general 40k | Instagram: @raptorimperialis

ETL_VI_Badge_Artisan_Master.jpg ETL_2014_Badge_V2_11_Honour.jpg ETL_Medal_06.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_03_ETL_2012A.gif Img_CH00_08Awards_06_ETL_2013A.gif gallery_29004_6198_3130.png sml_gallery_29004_10691_4416.png ETL_2016_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei03.gif ETL_2018_Medal_01_Custos_Fidei_04.gif

gallery_11038_675_366.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users