Scythes of the emperor.... Update 13/11/18

Looks good mate! :tu:

I'd turn the head on the double bolter guy a little more to the left personally so that it looks like he is stepping down and snapping off a shot to his left while shooting at something on the right. Or vice versa, generally as a rule I find it helps if the head is facing in the same direction as one of the feet is pointing.

have to say, im not so keen on the double bolter guy. Maybe its the head?  

in any case, this thread is really making me want to start the loyalist chapter ive been planning. I like the dirt - its just right, not out of the factory and not like my plague-marines, just enough to say that yes they have definitely seen some intense fighting.

The face is fantastic. Is that a tattoo on his head?

Love the pose on the Vet. ;)

It is indeed a tattoo....well the names of his fallen brothers

Fantastic! Double bolters, double the damage!

Nothing quite like anti horde than a marine with two bolters lol

Looks good mate! :tu:

I'd turn the head on the double bolter guy a little more to the left personally so that it looks like he is stepping down and snapping off a shot to his left while shooting at something on the right. Or vice versa, generally as a rule I find it helps if the head is facing in the same direction as one of the feet is pointing.

Thank you Doghouse, I see what you're saying and you're right, I've updated his pose and he looks more fluid.

have to say, im not so keen on the double bolter guy. Maybe its the head?  

in any case, this thread is really making me want to start the loyalist chapter ive been planning. I like the dirt - its just right, not out of the factory and not like my plague-marines, just enough to say that yes they have definitely seen some intense fighting.

Thanks brother, that's what I wanted to get these guys looking, seeing as their a fleet based chapter now and was conducting many hit and run attacks on the tyranids, now with the double bolter sternguard I trying to choose different bare heads to represent the different worlds they recruited from before the destruction of their world and system, but I do see what you're saying, I might scar it up lol

These are tremendous. Scavenged armor, check. Men that look like they've been to hell and back, but continue to fight? Check. The Scythes are easily one of the coolest chapters out there, and you're doing them justice. Well done, brother.

Dude this is swiftly becoming one of my favorite logs. I love the Scythes and the way you do them really captures the gritty survivalist feel of a chapter on the brink. Keep up the stellar work man.

Nothing makes me happier than seeing Scythes done this well.

He looks Great .The Scar awesome!!.

These are tremendous. Scavenged armor, check. Men that look like they've been to hell and back, but continue to fight? Check. The Scythes are easily one of the coolest chapters out there, and you're doing them justice. Well done, brother.

Very very gritty! they are really coming along nicely!

Cheers fellas, really appreciate it.

@slaverodarkness: I know, I didn't notice that mould line till I started painting....was too excited about painting these guys lol thanks still though....

RIGHT little update time

Some scythes in pieces...?

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b604/grizzlywipez/scythes%20of%20the%20Emperor/15017AC5-CA39-4797-8660-389AEC842C6F_zpsojrdnjjl.jpg

Brother Garul (PIP)

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b604/grizzlywipez/scythes%20of%20the%20Emperor/347C6538-E77A-4B5B-A967-FFA2F8598EEA_zpsutpvop9l.jpg

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b604/grizzlywipez/scythes%20of%20the%20Emperor/A9EE3D95-F0C6-4090-8B99-44D6CFCA549C_zpsey6oqnt0.jpg

Garul and Rhuvo

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b604/grizzlywipez/scythes%20of%20the%20Emperor/AC3A0AD5-4296-44CC-89F1-C8CD39B6B793_zpscqhsbfyt.jpg

Now....a first mock up of a chapter master....

http://i1294.photobucket.com/albums/b604/grizzlywipez/scythes%20of%20the%20Emperor/D45CBBC0-1A93-4382-AA8E-CD047766C8AB_zpsn0f2dkv5.jpg

I may and am looking at Typhons body for a 'wading into nids' look....

Cheers for looking....

Brother Garul: "It's barely a scratch..."

Love the latest additions. This is quickly becoming a favourite of mine :smile.:

I like the pose on your CM mock up. I always prefer the weapons lowered nonchalant look than the arms in the air like you just don't care vibe.

Keep up the good work Brother

Cool I never would have thought of dismembering my men to add the cool factor, may do something similar if that's alright :) loving the plog thus far!

Brother Garul: "It's barely a scratch..."

Love the latest additions. This is quickly becoming a favourite of mine :)

I like the pose on your CM mock up. I always prefer the weapons lowered nonchalant look than the arms in the air like you just don't care vibe.

Keep up the good work Brother

Cool I never would have thought of dismembering my men to add the cool factor, may do something similar if that's alright :) loving the plog thus far!

Looking Good Mate, like the loook of the Chapter Master.

I love this thread. Your Scythes are fantastic. I love their weathered, battered appearance.

I'm just gonna come out and say that these are probably the coolest Scythes I have ever seen. Stay classy Dorns_fist and keep the sons of Sotha coming!

The Chapter Master looks very promising but I do think the Typhus body would lend it more movement and aggression.

Thanks a lot guys, I had planned to write up small back ground on each of these sternguard....still haven't lol

Im looking at adding 5 scouts too.....I'm also wondering how to paint rhinos and predators....

Archived