2nd army?

matthew.youngatl

Probably not the right place to be asking that - this is a Space Marines forum ;)

... having said that my choice would be Chaos Daemons ... just sayin' ... and you get to stay on the B&C too :p

Cheers

I

are you saying your first army is dark angels and you want an opinion on a close combat army?  If so, what about blood angels?  Sure, they're not amazing right now, but they get a new codex fairly soon (according to rumors) AND DEM DREADS.  seriously.  If my local shop allowed allies in tournies, i'd do blood angels allies just for dem dreads.  AND they're battle brothers.  THINK ABOUT A PRESCIENCED DEATH COMPANY DREADNOUGHT WITH BLOOD TALONS.  rerolls to hit, rerolls to wound, and produces more hits for each wound.  sounds sick to me.  but if you really like orks, go for orks.  it's your army.  if you like 'em enough to invest your money and alot of time into, go for it.

Or are you saying you want to start a second army, and it's orks, and you probably posted in the wrong section?  in which case, if you want a melee army, have you also considered chaos daemons?  they are a seriously cool army.  Probably as convertible (or more so) than Orks.  In addition, you have the ability to run a FMC army, which is just plain cool.  (though heretical)  The seerstar is also a thing, if you're a WAAC player.  If you're really interested in orks, i'd say hold off until the new 'dex drops.  They're pretty old and will probably change alot with a new dex.  ON THE OTHER SIDE, HOWEVER, it can never hurt to buy shootas and sluggas.  you will ALWAYS need those in an orky army.  

basically, why are you interested in Orks?  is it their aesthetic, fluff, tactics, etc?

And as Isiah was hinting, that's enough discussion about Orks. The B&C isn't for discussion of them or other Xenos. Plenty of variety in secondary armies to be found here within the bounds of armies allowed for discussion on the B&C. But if it isn't Dark Angels, then the discussion needs to happen in the correct forum for that army.

If you want to discuss allying tactics for Dark Angels, then you are in the right spot.

are you saying your first army is dark angels and you want an opinion on a close combat army?  If so, what about blood angels?  Sure, they're not amazing right now, but they get a new codex fairly soon (according to rumors) AND DEM DREADS.  seriously.  If my local shop allowed allies in tournies, i'd do blood angels allies just for dem dreads.  AND they're battle brothers.  THINK ABOUT A PRESCIENCED DEATH COMPANY DREADNOUGHT WITH BLOOD TALONS.  rerolls to hit, rerolls to wound, and produces more hits for each wound.  sounds sick to me.  but if you really like orks, go for orks.  it's your army.  if you like 'em enough to invest your money and alot of time into, go for it.

Or are you saying you want to start a second army, and it's orks, and you probably posted in the wrong section?  in which case, if you want a melee army, have you also considered chaos daemons?  they are a seriously cool army.  Probably as convertible (or more so) than Orks.  In addition, you have the ability to run a FMC army, which is just plain cool.  (though heretical)  The seerstar is also a thing, if you're a WAAC player.  If you're really interested in orks, i'd say hold off until the new 'dex drops.  They're pretty old and will probably change alot with a new dex.  ON THE OTHER SIDE, HOWEVER, it can never hurt to buy shootas and sluggas.  you will ALWAYS need those in an orky army.  

basically, why are you interested in Orks?  is it their aesthetic, fluff, tactics, etc?

I like this idea.

BA have good assault squads, tanks with the Fast rule, and the fluff and look of death company, libby dreads, Sanguinary Guard, and Sanguinary Priests make BA a really distinctive and effective army.

I'll throw another vote in for the Blood Angels.  They aren't top tier by any stretch but they have enough nifty tricks to make them fun.  They also make great allies.  

They are my secondary marine army (but my third overall...yes I play filthy xenos too).  Furioso dread alone makes it worthwhile as long as you can get it safely into close combat.  A storm raven dropping one and squad of death company into the enemy is always fun.

Blood angels or Crimson Slaughter. They are amazing models even if the rules aren't awesome on some of them. But if you like "fluff" then Crimson Slaughter are awesome.

BA have been covered but don't forget Assault Marines as troops. Or even better do a 8th company DA using the BA codex just don't use BA specific stuff (aka Death Company, Sanguinary guard etc)

I love playing against orks. Their random stuff was hilarious and added for great times with my friend (See destroying on Trukk full of orks it makes a 90 Degree left turn and promptly tank shocks into four other trukks causing the entire army to go from a line facing and racing towards me into a giant pile of orks and trukks all piled up on the left flank) threw the entire "tactics" part out the window really had wished I had had a Thunderfire Cannon I could have demolished them.

Anyway a bit of clarification would be nice.

Archived