Sevatar

I did indeed, however he did not truly beat him up, but blocked his attack and shredded some of his gear. Corax then thought it was wise to leave said situation.

No...he didn't "shred some of his gear". Curze talked some smack to a Corax who had just been dueling Lorgar. Lorgar was the one who damaged Corax's gear. 

Corax then flew off. 

In short, Curze didn't "beat him up". He blocked an attack and talked smack to him...and that's it. 

Ok cool then. Thanks for reminding me it's been a while. Still doesn't explain why Corax has a lower WS

a more accurate version would be that the Night Haunter uses Lograr as bait, intervenes on the killing Corax is about to lay down. Corax then debates on killing 2 enemy primarchs at the cost of his own life, or breaking out and saving what he can among the loyalist survivors.

WLK

a more accurate version would be that the Night Haunter uses Lograr as bait, intervenes on the killing Corax is about to lay down. Corax then debates on killing 2 enemy primarchs at the cost of his own life, or breaking out and saving what he can among the loyalist survivors.

Well, it's debatable whether Corax would've killed Curze

...but it was probably a wise choice on Corax's part due to multiple factors 

1.  Corax had just been in the thick of the fighting after which he dueled a fellow primarch

2. Logar shattered one of Corax's lightning claws and broke open his chestplate

3. Curze was fresh (at the very least he wasn't missing a weapon)

4. Fighting Curze would've left Corax open to backstabbing by a recovering Lorgar. Corax vs. Curze would be a close match. Even a slight distraction by Lorgar could potentially cost Corax his life against an opponent as deadly as Curze. 

5. He probably wants to save his men from a total massacre...as opposed to getting tied up by Curze and possibly a "down but not out" Lorgar  

Edited by b1soul

RG get a special Storm Raven with outflank, stealth, and some kind of special missiles which can blind the targeted unit. The transport capacity is reduced to 16. The RG seeker guys are called Mor Deythan. They have to take either shotguns, sniper rifles, or combi weapons. One in three can take a special weapon. Their big thing is that once a game, all of their shooting attacks for the remainder of the turn are twinlinked and have rending. Sniper rifles rend on a 5+. So imagine a 10 man squad with 20 twinlinked bolter shots with rending. Mor Deythan also have a pistol and CCW, so I imagine a 10 man squad with 20 twinlinked, rending shotgun shots followed up with an assault would be fun to do. RG also have a jump pack guys with pairs of claws who get a 5+ cover save when they drop in and attack at initiative 5 on the turn in which they assault.

Waaaaaait a second. wait a second.

1: they can have combi-weapons

2: they can take flamers per 3?

Shoooot that brings up some ideas. Imagine if you will at least 6 guys with combi/flamers and shot guns. They can Twin link it without any strings attached, hitting a high priority squad, and also have rending? wow that is powerful with flamers. then they could assault right after it and finish off the squad or something. I like that a lot! I think I might have found a squad for the praetorian! are they expensive? and which slot are they?

They are an elites option. They are 20 points per model but that does not include a choice of weapon, which is mandatory. Shotguns are 2 points, sniper rifles are 5, and combis are 7. The special weapons are a little high, I guess. I am not sure how they compare in cost compared to other units. Flamers, however, are 10 points. They also have shroud bombs (defensive grenades), so you would get a cover save from snap shots if you are close enough and if the armor save is not relevant due AP 1-3. Their choice of dedicated transports includes a rhino or a Darkwing, the RG special Storm Eagle. And yes, they can take special weapons for every 3 members in the squad. From what I can tell, the rending effect applies to all weapons. There is nothing specifying that it only applies to the shotguns, sniper rifles, and combis, but rather it says shooting attacks. 

Edited by brojob

RG get a special Storm Raven with outflank, stealth, and some kind of special missiles which can blind the targeted unit. The transport capacity is reduced to 16. The RG seeker guys are called Mor Deythan. They have to take either shotguns, sniper rifles, or combi weapons. One in three can take a special weapon. Their big thing is that once a game, all of their shooting attacks for the remainder of the turn are twinlinked and have rending. Sniper rifles rend on a 5+. So imagine a 10 man squad with 20 twinlinked bolter shots with rending. Mor Deythan also have a pistol and CCW, so I imagine a 10 man squad with 20 twinlinked, rending shotgun shots followed up with an assault would be fun to do. RG also have a jump pack guys with pairs of claws who get a 5+ cover save when they drop in and attack at initiative 5 on the turn in which they assault.

Waaaaaait a second. wait a second.

1: they can have combi-weapons

2: they can take flamers per 3?

Shoooot that brings up some ideas. Imagine if you will at least 6 guys with combi/flamers and shot guns. They can Twin link it without any strings attached, hitting a high priority squad, and also have rending? wow that is powerful with flamers. then they could assault right after it and finish off the squad or something. I like that a lot! I think I might have found a squad for the praetorian! are they expensive? and which slot are they?

They are an elites option. They are 20 points per model but that does not include a choice of weapon, which is mandatory. Shotguns are 2 points, sniper rifles are 5, and combis are 7. The special weapons are a little high, I guess. I am not sure how they compare in cost compared to other units. Flamers, however, are 10 points. They also have shroud bombs (defensive grenades), so you would get a cover save from snap shots if you are close enough and if the armor save is not relevant due AP 1-3. Their choice of dedicated transports includes a rhino or a Darkwing, the RG special Storm Eagle. And yes, they can take special weapons for every 3 members in the squad. From what I can tell, the rending effect applies to all weapons. There is nothing specifying that it only applies to the shotguns, sniper rifles, and combis, but rather it says shooting attacks. 

Thats a little expensive, but they can still cause some hurt if I believe coreectly. 6 guys in a darkwing with shotguns and flamers sounds awesome!

@b1soul: I admit Corax killing both enemy primarchs may be debatable for the reasons you listed (mainly #5), but I dont doubt for a second, if Corax was willing to damn his legion, he could have managed to kill the pair of them at the cost of his own life.

but has been said in another thread in this subforum, its entirely opinion based.

WLK

Thanks to new knowledge, I took some more looks into the HH army list. 

Pride of the legion infiltrating Tactical vets seems like a sound tactic to get them up the board without rhinos. They can hide in a building after deployment and harass the enemy with loads of sniper rounds and the like. I'm trying to decide on weather or not they should use missile launchers or Plasma guns.

Another thing I have yet to decide is the use of a heavy support squad. I am thinking about making a plasma cannon one with a librarian for prescience and hopefully ignores cover, as 8 cannon shots will hurt almost anything. a squad of 8 with arti armor and auspery is about the same price as a full 10 man plasma tactical support squad, so I think the cannons are a little better.

I'm still hung up on Decapitating strike though. If there is only one heavy support slot, were should the Anti-tank be? I think javelin speeders might be the key to help put out high strength accurate shots.

What do you guys think?

Am I the only one unhappy with Flesh over Steel? The (now outdated) Index Astartes said using few tanks was a result of the Heresy and the guerilla warfare it forced them to adopt, not the standard modus operandi. I wanted to play tank rush Raven Guard damnit!

You relise thats how you play 40k RG, Right? =P

The tank thing can be a problem, but really they can get were they need turn 1 with infiltrate. I think the tanks should be more for support like some whirlwind scorpius's sitting in the back with targets getting called by the infiltrating guys. And besides, could you imagine what an area denial force an infiltrating Plasma cannon or autocannon heavy support squad could be? that is pretty powerful in of itself.

The only way I cannot see RG play is with the Armored spearhead RoW, but that isn't even their thing so I cannot complain much.

Thanks to new knowledge, I took some more looks into the HH army list. 

Pride of the legion infiltrating Tactical vets seems like a sound tactic to get them up the board without rhinos. They can hide in a building after deployment and harass the enemy with loads of sniper rounds and the like. I'm trying to decide on weather or not they should use missile launchers or Plasma guns.

Another thing I have yet to decide is the use of a heavy support squad. I am thinking about making a plasma cannon one with a librarian for prescience and hopefully ignores cover, as 8 cannon shots will hurt almost anything. a squad of 8 with arti armor and auspery is about the same price as a full 10 man plasma tactical support squad, so I think the cannons are a little better.

I'm still hung up on Decapitating strike though. If there is only one heavy support slot, were should the Anti-tank be? I think javelin speeders might be the key to help put out high strength accurate shots.

What do you guys think?

A Sicaran with lascannons may not be a bad choice for heavy support. I think speeders (Javelins) would be essential to a decapitating strike. If you do roll with speeders, you could keep a Scorpius in your backfield with an infantry squad to hold objectives. A deathwind with kraks sounds nasty as hell in a decapitating strike list, as best as I can tell. If you do the plasma cannon squad for heavy support, I think a few Javelins will serve you well for anti-tank. 

Edited by brojob

I keep hearing it but it keeps going over my head... What the hell is a deathwind?

and I would do a sicaran but if I had only 1 heavy support why not pick something more? like three predators?

Yea, and I'm debating between javelins or speeders with graviton and multi-meltas.

Edited by Tiger9gamer

• 2 weeks later...

Do you guys think Raptors will be introduced? At the moment I currently have two ten man units (mainly in crusade armour) with a destroyer squad, a rapier with a graviton cannon and a squad of cataphractii terminators with power fists and combi bolters. I'm considering making them raven guard if the raptors are added as I have some chaos possessed marines I'm thinking of using to convert some.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a thought for some Raven Guard (which Im thinking of doing once my World Eaters are done and we have had some kits for the RG). Idea would be Pride of the Legion.

HQ

Praetor, Librarian, and Moritat with JP

Elites

Mor Deythan (2 or 3 units)

Troops

Vets in Darkwings

Fast Attack

Darkfurries, seekers,

Heavy Support

Fire Raptors

The Praetor and Librarian roles with the vets. two units of Mor Deythan snipe. The Dark Furries and Moritat support the vets, and shot gun Mor Deythan and the seekers. Fire Raptors shot stuff the others cant handle.