=][= E Tenebrae Lux III =][=

=][= SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

It seems we've lost half of Thursday and the whole of Friday so please repost your vows and completions and we're good to continue uninterupted!

And I'll repost the week 3 write-up! ;)

=][= THIRD WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

The third week was somewhat less productive in terms of new participation but was fairly productive in terms of completions... The most impressive element is the commitment of those who have already taken the vow. This takes two forms:

The first is through an elaborate system of penance vows, where individual participants make an oath to either paint more during the contest (2x or even 3x their initial vow) or paint a particular item after the ETL is over if their chosen faction has failed some pre-defined condition.

The second is the satellite events i.e. events that are designed to further motivate certain factions in order boost their ETL participation and increase completion rates. I have so far identified three such events:

• The Titanas Belli: This is conceived by The Shadow Guard and is part of the Bellum Aeternus series. It takes the form of a challenge of the DAs vs. SWs and is supposed to complete on a sub-group of entries namely Terminators and Characters in TDA and/or Artificer/Runic armour. So if you’re playing for either the SWs or the DAs and plan to make some of the above units for the ETL, make sure you enter that event too and support your faction in this parallel challenge!
  • Pimp my Cypher [that’s the one in the IF forum but there is one in all AoD foruns): This was produced by The Yak and the general idea to drum up support for the ETL effort of the Angels of Death forum targeting a Character that is bound to bother the boys in green (and white and black)!
  • The Daemonic Pact: That is the answer of Chaos to the Loyalist block and they mean business... Not only they have their own event prompting the followers of the Dark Gods to paint up a unit in a month but combined with a frenzy of penance vows makes for a very strong support system!

Please note that those events are conceived and run by the frater that I mention above. Personally I have no involvement in this so please direct any questions that you may have to them.

THIS IS THE LAST WEEK FOR RECRUITMENT! IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF THIS ETL YOU HAVE UNTIL SUNDAY JUNE 1st TO COMMIT! NEXT SUNDAY THE DOORS OF ETL III WILL CLOSE TO NEW ENTRANTS

Now that this is out of the way, let’s see how the balance of power has shifted over the last week:

E TENEBRAE LUX III – Week 3

med_gallery_27176_9664_23159.jpg

BLACK TEMPLARS [Participants: 53 / Vows: 69]
The Templars continue to do their winning recipe. Early completions and quick re-vowing have the desired effect and are now among the leading factions where it counts the most: COMPLETIONS! The quick re-vowing is augmenting their effectiveness considerably and they are leading in terms of total vows pledged. However the relatively low average vow [687pts] of this faction prohibits them from fully exploiting this advantage. So the only comment I’d do is to aim for larger vows going forward as their rivals will eventually catch up – and assuming the same amount of participants completing, the average vow difference could be what will decide their fate!

ANGELS OF DEATH [Participants: 56 / Vows: 63]
Here we have a similar picture. A bit higher participation, a bit lower total vows but with a larger average vow [903pts]. That means that in the long run they have the numerical advantage over the Templars (participants and av. vow) so they do not have to go too strongly on re-vowing… Now obviously the faction is benefiting by Arizona’s great completion of 11k pts. But do not rejoice. The gap will close rapidly (it already has). No one can win this singlehandedly, so make sure to keep the pace of the Templars. You snooze, you lose!

BLOOD ANGELS [Participants: 31 / Vows: 32]
Here the last week is critical. You either recruit at least 15 new participants (50% more participants than you have accumulated to date) or you have to go down the Space Wolves tradition: very large individual vows. But currently your average vow (652) is among the lowest in the ETL – and besides, is huge vows the BA style? I have to say, your best bet is to gather more BAs to your cause! In the immortal words of Elvis: ITS NOW OR NEVER!

DARK ANGELS [Participants: 48 / Vows: 53]
The Dark Angels have good numbers. They need more. They have good amount of subsequent vows. They still need more. The average vow is OK (888 pts at par with the ETL average). They could do with more. In fact if any one of the above parameters increases they’ll win this piecemeal. I think the secret lies with the Blood Oaths? Yes… most likely… Some completion will also be welcome too…

SPACE WOLVES [Participants: 28 / Vows: 31]
The SWs have the lowest participation levels. Unfortunately, unlike previous years’ tradition, their average vow [774] is some 100 pts lower than the average of the ETL… So are we looking at resignation? Or will a massive inflow of Wolf Lords arriving in the last week to tip the balance in favor or the Vlka Fenryka?

REALM OF CHAOS [Participants: 52 / Vows: 57]
Chaos is leading the total points pledged front by a lot (more than 20k from the second highest, the AoD). This alone could be extremely promising if it wasn’t mainly attributed to two individuals that have pledged 27k pts between: steve shields and Fasha the Dog! However something stirs in the eye! A new event has sprung up and the Soul & Penance vows are all over the place! So yeah, this is definitely the year of Chaos!

IMPERIAL FORCES [Participants: 44 / Vows: 48]
I’m really satisfied with the levels of participation of the Forces of the Imperium faction. I also like the fact that apart from the IG forum that’s the backbone of the faction, both the GKs and the SoBs are making their presence felt. However now is the time for some completions. The IG leads the way but it’s not enough. The average vow is not very high, in fact it’s the lowest in the ETL. That implies quite a few small vows and could translate to quick wins. And that is the core of the whole thing. Start completing small vows and the momentum and morale is bound to rise! You have quite a few participants but you are no leaders in this department. So you really depend on leveraging on your existing resources by quick completions. Also now is the last week of recruitment! USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!

HORUS HERESY [Participants: 53 / Vows: 55]
Only 16 participants last year and 53 this year with a week still to go! The HH has clearly established itself as one of the ETL super-powers and with an average vow at 953pts way above the ETL average is a force to be reckoned with. All things considered, their 11% completion rate is not bad at all… Where other faction have their quick wins and their completion rate is front loaded, the HH is biting its time and when the completions start arriving sometime in June the gap will start closing with huge strides!

As a reminder:

THIS IS THE LAST WEEK FOR RECRUITMENT! IF YOU WANT TO BE PART OF THIS ETL YOU HAVE UNTIL SUNDAY, JUNE 1st TO COMMIT! NEXT SUNDAY THE DOORS OF ETL III WILL CLOSE TO NEW ENTRANTS

So until next week, keep the new recruits coming!!! biggrin.png

Nice choice of colors btw.

Though HH should probably be white or gray but then that would be difficult to see, so I approve of you defaulting to Slaanesh. biggrin.png

Semper you're doing a cracking job nothing to be sorry about!!!

RL quite often pops up and it one of the benefits of this hobby that you can stop start it to fit around RL's little surprises. :)

Ok, i was guilty of forgetting about ETL until a week ago, and now i'm in a bit of a bad situation.
I've rushed an order to pledge, but i don't think the miniatures will arrive before time runs out.

Can i put my foot in the door and pledge anyway?

=][= FOURTH WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

The 4th week started with the B&C going off-line for a couple of dates. Thankfully when it was back on line only a day’s worth of data was lost and everything went back to normal in no time… This was also a very busy week for me so this update comes a day late – although the data is that of Thursday’s.

The ETL has gone from strength to strength with 389 participants, 385k pts pledged and more than 60k pts completed already!!!
And now for the most important announcement:

ON SUNDAY, JUNE 1ST THE DOORS WILL CLOSE TO NEW PARTICIPANTS FOR EVER! MAKE SURE YOU REPORT IN THE RELEVANT STRATEGIUM BEFORE THE DEADLINE!!!

Here’s a snapshot of yesterday’s balance:

E TENEBRAE LUX III - WEEK 4

med_gallery_27176_9664_8374.jpg

So let’s see this one by one:

BLACK TEMPLARS [Participants: 59 / Vows: 77]
The 20% completion rate speaks for itself. The Templars are really completing their vows in quick succession and keeping their momentum going. This is good news. The bad news is that given their comparatively low average vow (200pts below the ETL average) they have little choice. So high completion rate should be the order of the day… Don’t worry guys – you’re good at it! Having the most participants doesn’t hurt either…

ANGELS OF DEATH [Participants: 57 / Vows: 68]
The AoDs currently lead the ETL but mainly through the efforts of a single participant (Arizona) who accounts for 77% of the faction’s completions. This, gentlemen, will not do. You need to step up the effort and support your Champion – for he alone cannot compensate for an anemic performance of the AoDs… Having said that, the AoDs have a lot of things going for them (apart from Arizona). They have the second largest average vow, the second highest participation (at par with Chaos). This is a winning combination, but you need to get your resources to good use. Finish vows early to exploit your large numbers in subsequent vows and your high average means you cannot go far wrong.

BLOOD ANGELS [Participants: 34 / Vows: 36]
Here there was some progress as the BAs sported the highest growth in pledged points compared to any other faction. And now with 34 participants, they begin to be more threatening than in the previous weeks. But will that be enough? No. These last few days until Sunday is the last chance to gather more recruits – even a single mini can make a difference! After that, it’s just the ability to finish large vows in quick succession. Not an ideal situation to be in…

DARK ANGELS [Participants: 52 / Vows: 58]
The DAs remain a top tier faction. 52 participants (at par with the BTs), but with a higher average vow, it means that they really can afford to see their completion coming in a bit later. But not much later. Some first vow completions should register in early June and never relax! June is the most dangerous month as momentum may wane given the ample time people still have ahead of them. DO NOT DO THAT MISTAKE! Finish your fist vows as early as you can (never compromise quality though) and go for another one! And don’t forget the Blood Oaths !

SPACE WOLVES [Participants: 30 / Vows: 33]
Here we have the smallest participation. But we also have a mix of veterans who can certainly carry the day and now what it means to fight against the odds. In the first ETL the wolves (with low participation again) managed to threaten the leading factions and be close to first position just a week before the deadline. But that was then. Can you repeat that this year? I think it’s now time to call in the final reserves for from Sunday onwards there will be no more reinforcements coming in!

REALM OF CHAOS [Participants: 57 / Vows: 64]
Yeeeeeeeeeeeees… Chaos is all its Glory! I really have the feeling guys that it’s now or never for you! This Black Crusade must end in complete and utter victory! You have the participation, you have the highest average vow, and you have the Soul Vows to boot! MAKE THIS HAPPEN! Get more debased followers into your ranks and then let’s see some completions! With this high average vow, when the completions arrive it will be an avalanche!

FORCES OF THE IMPERIUM [Participants: 46 / Vows: 51]
The forces of the Imperium are really putting up a fight! With 42 participants already they are in a good place to threaten the ETL superpowers. But there is a small issue: low average vow! In fact the lowest vow in the whole ETL of less 600pts is a real problem that may hinder the faction in the long run. Forces of the Imperium have access to some real “expensive” units and also some real “cheap” ones… It seems that the balance is heavily towards the latter now. But it’s not too late if the second wave of vows leans more towards the… heavy support? And bring in more reinforcements until Sunday!

HORUS HERESY [Participants: 54 / Vows: 59]
The blue bloods of the ETL! Here we have everything: Large participation, large average vow and already a significant amount of completions! The HH forum threatens the top positions and they’re doing it in style… They can win this and I fully expect them to deliver amazing quality while doing so! Just don’t relax – your rivals won’t!

ON SUNDAY, JUNE 1ST THE DOORS WILL CLOSE TO NEW PARTICIPANTS FOR EVER! MAKE SURE YOU REPORT IN THE RELEVANT STRATEGIUM BEFORE THE DEADLINE!!!

Best news all day http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Battle/gunfight6.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/arrows-0057.gif

Best news all day http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Battle/gunfight6.gifhttp://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Angels_and_Demons/arrows-0057.gif

Agreed. I smell a soul vow on its way soon!

Archived