=][= E Tenebrae Lux III =][=

Ah look at the cute lil kid in his Halloween costume with his lil puppy.

I know, a little over the top, but all in fun and it's still cute.

No, THIS is the puppy. And he IS cute.

But still fully capable of destroying any detachment, any super heavy, any faction, any formation, in under 10 seconds.

I only Deep Strike him when facing the likes of Seer-star or Farsight-bomb.

14434778927_454165a4ee_c.jpg

Wow.

Next year's ETL shouldn't be done by sub forum, it should be Steve Shields and Arizonajirt vs the rest of us. laugh.png

...Even though we'd probably lose. unsure.png

What my five digit vow doesn't count?

Of course it does!

You'll be our secret weapon and last, best hope of victory next year.biggrin.png

And suddenly I become a space station.

http://s10.postimg.org/co7m273ax/Fashalon_5.jpg

I was actually thinking more of a 'Commander Shepard' sort of role for you, but if you wanna be a Space Station I'll be the last person to stop you. laugh.png

EDIT:

Wow am I ever late to the party, there was another page of stuff after this.

Way to keep up with current events, Ace.

Wow.

Next year's ETL shouldn't be done by sub forum, it should be Steve Shields and Arizonajirt vs the rest of us. :lol:

...Even though we'd probably lose. :unsure:

What my five digit vow doesn't count?

Of course it does!

You'll be our secret weapon and last, best hope of victory next year.:D

And suddenly I become a space station.

http://s10.postimg.org/co7m273ax/Fashalon_5.jpg

I was actually thinking more of a 'Commander Shepard' sort of role for you, but if you wanna be a Space Station I'll be the last person to stop you. :lol:

EDIT:

Wow am I ever late to the party, there was another page of stuff after this.

Way to keep up with current events, Ace.

thats not a moon, its a FashaTheDog!

Not only I got a cold from air-coditioning but I'm also drowning in work. I'll make an effort to put the update together later today or, failing that, tomorrow... Sorry guys - blocked nose= total misery... :(

I'm sure forte has some sort of incense that will fix you right up. ;)

Always me eh. Though I have heard the smell of Guardsmen slow roasted over plasma coils with a bit of garlic, paprika, and chili powder is pretty effective.

=][= ELEVENTH WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

We are approaching the deadline fast. Just a couple of weeks to go and it’s time to wrap it up! And I mean it. It will make me very unhappy if people get previous completions nullified because they failed to complete their most recent vow.
But make no mistake: this is the harsh reality nature of the ETL and by the Emperor I’m going to uphold it!

So in order to avoid disappointment, complete any outstanding vows to the best of your ability and do not take on new challenges unless you’re fairly certain you’ll make it.

Now let’s see the situation as it stands now:

Chaos has a solid lead of 15kpts to the second that’s the AoDs... Then we have the DAs firmly in 3rd position followed by the BTs in 4th. That’s the group of 30k+ (although Chaos is 50k+ and AoD 40k+. The most interesting bit in my vieww is whether the HH forum will catch up with the BTs as it is only some 4kpts behind. The Imperial Forces are nowe north of the 10k threshold (with a completion from the GK finally) and BAs and SWs are just below that but with some recent completions giving them the much needed momentum!

IMPORTANT NOTE: KEEP IN MIND THAT IF YOU FAIL IN YOUR SECOND OR ANY CONSEQUENT VOW THEN ALL PREVIOUS VOWS ARE NULLIFIED AND COUNT FOR NOTHING.

So make sure you complete any outstanding vows fast...

Here are the usual metrics:
Total participants 421
Total vows: 640
Total points pledged: 513,838pts
Average vow: 803pts/vow
Total points completed: 219,494pts

So now let’s see what happened in week 11:

E TENEBRAE LUX III – Week 11

med_gallery_27176_9664_43010.jpg

So let’s see this one by one:

BLACK TEMPLARS [Participants: 67 / Vows: 104]
A mediocre week with 2.9kpts completed, the BTs appear to be slipping from the top three positions. Their distance to the DAs is now 5.5k and seems to be expanding while their difference to the HH is narrowing. However, given their resources and their legendary zeal no safe predictions can be made. However this will pretty soon be a 40kpts+ club and the question is, will you be a member?

ANGELS OF DEATH [Participants: 60 / Vows: 91]
Another mediocre week here with 2.3kpts completed. However a slow week is something the AoDs can afford thanks to Arizona’s spectacular performance. Even with a strong DA week, the difference between the two factions remains a good 6kpts – a safe distance for now. However as the DAs added a good 5k+ last week so the margin between the two factions can narrow or even be eliminated in a week as inevitably completions will soar! So remain focus and deliver on your first vows – this will most likely carry you through even in the top position!

BLOOD ANGELS [Participants: 37 / Vows: 51]
The BAs had a weak week by any standards. With only 0.5k pts completed it means they allowed the Forces of the Imperium to take the lead again and for them to remain below the 10k threshold for yet another week. What concerns me is not so much the low total points pledged (there is little that can be done about it at this point) but it’s the low completion rate - 30% the lowest in the ETL at this point (along with the SWs). To put things into context, in the first ETL you had a similar amount of points pledged (virtually the same) butyour completion rate stood at 63% (!) delivering a cool 20.6kpts. Can you repeat that?

DARK ANGELS [Participants: 59 / Vows: 92]
A very good week – no mistake. Adding a substantial 5.6kpts (the second higest addition this week after Chaos) means they kept their pace and are now fairly close to the AoDs (although the pace should be kept at similar levels if we’re to hope for catch them). The important thing here is to maintain momentum! We have distanced ourselves from the BTs (although they are full of zealous surprises) and we can now focus on the drive for the top. That means all out attack! Finish your first vows or any subsequent vow you may have outstanding – we cannot afford to let a single point go!

SPACE WOLVES [Participants: 31 / Vows: 46]
What is the difference between SWs and BAs at this stage? Momentum! Although both factions have similar points, the SWs added a cool 3.5kpts on the week vs. the 0.5k of the BAs. That makes me hopeful that their very low completion rate of 30% is about to go materially higher next week and show the legendary SW tenacity! You guys had an impressive 74% completion rate in the first ETL and a strong 57% completion rate in the second. Your score last year was 22kpts. In order to match it this year you need a completion rate of 74% AGAIN! Can you make it?

REALM OF CHAOS [Participants: 61 / Vows: 106]
Not only in first position but also expanding the margin from the second! The Chaos team shows impressive performance having already exceeded last year’s total by 86%! The momentum is good and their resources inexhaustible (with more than 120kpts pledged). Just a mid-of-the-range completion rate of 50% will get them to a new ETL record of completions and a higher completion rate to that will make every deity in the Eye a happy bunny! Just complete your vows guys – EVERY POINT COUNTS! Do not expect your fellow heretics to do your work – get down to it!

FORCES OF THE IMPERIUM [Participants: 46 / Vows: 66]
The GKs finally reported a completion that added to the IG weekly efforts made the Forces of the Imperium get north of 12kpts getting a clear distance from the BAs and the SWs. However they are still below the previous year’s performance of 15kpts and given their considerably higher resources this year I’d expect to comfortably beat it. That will translate to a completion rate of more than 41% - still less than the current ETL average. However the real target is not to beat last years performance by to set new standards for the completion rate of this diverse forum. There is some solid evidence that the GKs will get into the game dynamically next week so get those tanks out there!

HORUS HERESY [Participants: 60 / Vows: 84]
The Princes of the ETL. These guys sure take their time, aiming to get the most of their (fairly expensive) minis... And it works! In the second appearance in an ETL they have already surpassed last year’s performance by more than 10kpts! However they can do better. Their completion rate of 38% stands considerably lower than the ETL average and time is running out. So let’s get the final touches guys and surprise us all with a fantastic photo-finish!

IMPORTANT NOTE: KEEP IN MIND THAT IF YOU FAIL IN YOUR SECOND OR ANY CONSEQUENT VOW THEN ALL PREVIOUS VOWS ARE NULLIFIED AND COUNT FOR NOTHING.

So until next week, keep your completions coming!!! biggrin.png

A mediocre week with 2.9kpts completed,

Gee, inflation much? I remember when three grand used to be a big deal. :P

A mediocre week with 2.9kpts completed,

Gee, inflation much? I remember when three grand used to be a big deal. :P

That was last year (or the year before?). Now if you want to be in Top Gun, the standards have changed... ;)

Archived