=][= E Tenebrae Lux III =][=

@Augustus - What?! Those were GKs? Time to break out the Ectoplasm Cannons!

@arizona - Its ok, that's how it starts with the Path of Chaos....

aye, i got 4 boxes of bloody raptors, box of plague bearers, dark elves witch elves to use as cultists, venerable dread and a tactical squad still sealed (correction, opened the elves to use a head), dread to think how much i have spent on paints and energy drinks

No wrroies. Kilofix's first chaos vow consisted of all GK mini's. That's worse than your inverse heresy by far...

To be honest, I do enjoy the ways of khorne, but painting my chaos models was just shy of painful for me. I had little joy in painting them and it was more of a chore than what it should have been. They are great fun to play (nothing like having 30 bezerkers screaming across the table with a lord on skulls on their heals). At least The Lord of skulls is fun to paint. Which it should be done today. Today is washes and highlight/touch up day,

Remember Guardsmen, failure is the weakness of the enemy!

I think we should try and total up how much money GW made during this competition afterwards. Would be an amusing figure...

My Toll was a whole GK & Inq detachment (w/2 Knight Titans), a whole Death Guard detachment, a whole Word Bearers detachment and a Scorpion. And, some other OoC fun stuff.

But they were things I wanted to get done anyway - not just for ETL (ETL just faciltated their completion - Just As Planned - Thanks Semper!).

14220451218_4563acfb90_z.jpg

14633513873_9bc5ac3db6_z.jpg

14434815247_5418574b25_z.jpg

14703767543_333f5385c5_z.jpg

That Brass Scorpion is still one of the most wicked looking models FW ever made...and you did an excellent job on him.

Remember Guardsmen, failure is the weakness of the enemy!

I think we should try and total up how much money GW made during this competition afterwards. Would be an amusing figure...

I may have to do that. Thing is I starting putting together my stuff last year following the last etl, so I had quite a bit waiting. But I will do that. Should be fun, and make me cry at the same time

Mine cost nothing this year.

Had Ahriman since he was released. Staff was left over from a Daemonette unit I bought when they were released. Head came from a bit site.

Forgefiend was an exchange.

Khârn was bought when released.

Stormsword was a swap for a load of old Eldar metals.

;)

Going to start saving up for next year. For the first time in years I'm burned out on painting.

Paint something totally different to what you usually would. Fantasy, steampunk, anything but what has burned you out. If you been painting marines constantly then paint something with no armour at all. Loads of stuff out there.

And I know this post is boardering heretical on B&C but if it keeps a member painting and maybe returning quicker then you can't fault the suggestion really ;)

Mine cost nothing this year.

Had Ahriman since he was released. Staff was left over from a Daemonette unit I bought when they were released. Head came from a bit site.

Forgefiend was an exchange.

Khârn was bought when released.

Stormsword was a swap for a load of old Eldar metals.

msn-wink.gif

aye, ill actually get them painted before im 40, still got 6 years :P

A few years ago I started putting all the price tags of model boxes I bought on the side of my desk in a neat little row. I should count it up some time.

ive got the boxes for everything i have bought over the past year, it reached the desk to the ceiling and half way up again before i flat packed all the boxes, now i think it would reach the floor to the ceiling, funny thing is i used to have a social life and no money, now im a hermit with more money than sense :'(

After the etl i will start saving up models for best years etl. I would be shocked if I came anywhere close to the points I have this year. And I am not sure where I'll be supporting next year. Could be sisters, marines, ig. I have no clue. We shall see.

I did the math for what I have painted for the year so far. It is crazy. But I will wait to post a full list when it's over as I may paint more for my ooc vows

I just wish I had had the energy to start painting sooner. Damned real life. Now it's more of a rush to finish and thus more "stressful" than I'd like. Would've had so many more models to vow, too.

aye, ill actually get them painted before im 40, still got 6 years :P

I'm in the same boat age wise. Just not got a chance of getting everything painted up in 6 years even if I averaged 1000 models a year!

OK guys, the 12th Weekly Update will come (much) later today. This will be the last update before the Final Report. I have updated all the Strategiums so any completions reported after my last update will not be shown in the Weekly but will count for the total in the Final Report.

=][= TWELFTH WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

So we have entered the last week of the event. This is the last weekly update before the Final Report. The doors of ETL III will close forever on Friday, August 1st at 17:00 GMT. Please make sure you have your correct time and remember that GMT does not change from winter to summer time.

After the doors close no more completion will be accepted – don’t try to bargain it just won’t happen. You can continue to post in the Strategiums if you like and discuss the event or post pictures of your work but do not report further completions.

It will take me a couple of day to compile the results and write the Final Report (writing will take most of the time) so you should expect the Final Report around Sunday August 3rd.

BUT IT IS NOT OVER YET!

Although the end is nigh, and pretty much like the 2 minutes to midnight mindset of 40k, the fraters keep on vowing! And some hefty vows too! So what’s going to happen in this week? Will new big vows change the current picture? Will some epic fails detract points that have already been factored in? We have to wait and see…

Now let’s see the situation as it stands now:

Chaos still leads at 58.2kpts and by a comfortable margin of 13.7kpts compared to the second faction the AoDs. The DAs have closed the margin to AoDs but only by 500 pts so there is still a big difference between the two. The BTs on the other hand made a significant effort adding 6.3kpts on the week – their best weekly performance to this point! Their difference to the DAs is now below 3kpts!

Then the HH forum had a mediocre week adding only 2.2kptsand still remain below the 30kpts threshold at 28.1k… But the momentum is good and a lot of participants seem to be in the wrapping up phase of their vow. So I expect an amazing rush to the finish line, the full size of which can only be imagined!!!

Now I need to talk about the SWs. They have kept such a low profile throughout the event and now, 2 minutes to midnight they spring into action, they add more than 6kpts in a week or 70% of all completions up to Week 11! Now they are ahead of both the BAs and the Forces of the Imperium but can they hold? Or will the Guard run them over with their big tanks? Or will the BAs make a last minute surprise and change the game again?

So make sure you complete any outstanding vows fast...

Here are the usual metrics:

Total participants 421
Total vows: 660
Total points pledged: 523,495pts
Average vow: 793pts/vow
Total points completed: 246,140pts
Completion rate: 47%

So now let’s see what happened in week 12:

E TENEBRAE LUX III – Week 12

med_gallery_27176_9664_27543.jpg

There is no detailed analysis this week because there is nothing to analyze! Just finish your vows as fast as you can, beat procrastination and earn the most prestigious Custos Fidei!

IMPORTANT NOTE: KEEP IN MIND THAT IF YOU FAIL IN YOUR SECOND OR ANY CONSEQUENT VOW THEN ALL PREVIOUS VOWS ARE NULLIFIED AND COUNT FOR NOTHING.

So until the end, keep your completions coming!!! :D

Archived