=][= E Tenebrae Lux III =][=

I just use lamps. It's a sad fact that my phtography skills are sorely lacking... What I need is a better camera - this one blurs everything up close...

Anyway, I use A4 for single minis and A3 for 5-strong squads... I have rtrouble fitting more than 5 models in a A3 background...

Sure beat the hunk of junk I borrow from my father.  I should use my camera, but CVS takes forever to develop the film.

=][= SIXTH WEEKLY UPDATE =][=

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

So… Almost half way into ETL III and the completions are at ca. 95k! A magnificent performance for sure but not evenly distributed. It appears that all factions can be divided into three groups:

The first is the leaders and comprise from the AoD and the Black Templars. The second comprises from Dark Angels, Chaos and Horus Heresy, although the latter is a bit behind. The third is Forces of the Imperium, Blood Angels and Space Wolves. Although those groups seem well defined and distinct, they are in no way fixed and the situation remains fluid as the differences are not that big and the second half of the ETL is expected to be fierce!

So I have to alert everyone to the fact that if you have yet to finish your first vow now is the time to do it – especially if you want to have a go with a follow-up!

As a recap of the fifth week let me highlight a few metrics:

Total participants 421
Total vows: 517
Total points pledged: 434,837pts
Average vow: 841pts/vow
Total points completed: 94,912pts

So now let’s see what happened in week 6:

E TENEBRAE LUX III – Week 6

med_gallery_27176_9664_19021.jpg

So let’s see this one by one:

BLACK TEMPLARS [Participants: 67 / Vows: 93]
A completion rate of 30% means that the BT engine is in full speed. They have the second largest amount of completed points at 19k+ and a huge momentum. Will they be able to maintain it? That’s their bet. The only problem I see is that the persistently low average vow (680pts) means that their very large completion rate does not translate to a huge difference in terms of points. In fact the low average vow in a way explains the high completion rate. So despite their great performance the BTs have also no other choice… If their completion rate was to drop, their incremental completed points will not be enough to guarantee them the top positions.

ANGELS OF DEATH [Participants: 60 / Vows: 76]
The AoD currently lead the ETL in terms of completions and their dependency to Arizona’s super-vow has somewhat dropped. Somewhat. Still Arizona counts for 68% of the faction’s completions so I think it’s high time for the big mass of the AoD participants to mobilise and complete their first vows in order to move on to subsequent ones. Now with 60 participants and a relatively high average vow at 891pts (albeit distorted by the super-vows) it means that if the AoD go to second vows in large numbers there will be little to stand in their way. But if they lose their momentum, no amount of super-vows can help them to win the day. With an average vow close to the ETL average, it means that there is no way around it. Victory depends on a large completion rate of the first vow.

BLOOD ANGELS [Participants: 37 / Vows: 41]
The Blood Angels are plagued by a deadly combination of a very low average vow of 687pts and a low completion rate of 14%. The relatively low participation also means low resources. The only real course of action here is to raise the completion rate sharply (next week will be crucial) to allow for at least a few to move to their second vow. 37 participants are still 37 participants. Big or small vow, completions is all that matters!

DARK ANGELS [Participants: 59 / Vows: 73]
I’d like to make a reassuring statement here but I can’t. The DAs have not lost sight of the first position (no way) but some distance starts to build up… They need those first completions and they need them now! – there is no way around it! Frankly the 25% completion rate is just not enough! We enjoy an average vow identical to the ETL average (844pts) so it’s relatively easy, with the same amount of completions per participant to take the lead from the BTs and the AoDs. But it needs discipline. Remember we’re already half way there!

SPACE WOLVES [Participants: 31 / Vows: 35]
There is some progress but the SWs do not seem so committed this year. It’s evident the rival factions seem to command materially larger resources but the SWs may manage to get a high completion rate and be among the leading group nonetheless. The main problem here is the very low completion rate that is also the lowest in the ETL. The only way forward is to complete the first vows, one after the other – a high completion rate among the first vows is the key to a great performance so no procrastination! You done it before and you sure can do it again! A relatively low average vow (737pts) may allow for some quick wins in order to bolster morale and create momentum…

REALM OF CHAOS [Participants: 61 / Vows: 74]
Chaos continues to eye the top position with almost 16k pts and a very good morale! Not only they have the largest average vow of the ETL at 1,286pts, they have the largest amount of pledged points and ca 30k worth of mega-vows that have yet to kick-in. So they have good reason to be satisfied with themselves. However the competition is still going strong and Chaos, despite everything, is not leading. Will the oaths to the Dark Gods deliver?

FORCES OF THE IMPERIUM [Participants: 46 / Vows: 55]
Here the Guard has taken up most of the burden (90% of completions). We’re half-way there guys, time to start delivering some completions if you want to have enough time to re-vow. I recall that last year you were aiming for a 100% completion rate – a target to which you came close. Can you repeat that? With just 14% completion rate, the situation is dire. You can set yourselves a number of sub-tasks: Can you double your completions by the end of next week? Can you reach the ETL average completion rate? With the lowest average vow in the ETL (606pts) a lot depends on your re-vowing capability. This week is crucial.

HORUS HERESY [Participants: 60 / Vows: 70]
Right. Still among the leading factions but at the lower end. You’re still vwery much a threat to everyone here but you really need to get some completions done by the end of next week. The overall painting quality is truly awesome but the distance between the BTs and the AoDs is starting to build... Let’s see the smaller vows declaring some completions and then some re-vowing. The large average vow means that by now a wave of completions should be announced! So let’s see them!

As a goodbye picture for this week I give you:

EXCORIATOR ANGELI by Augustus b’Raass

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Showcase%20Night%20Lords/DSC_1761_zps5ad33347.jpg

So until next week, keep your completions coming!!! biggrin.png

Captain Semper, on 12 Jun 2014 - 1:46 PM, said:snapback.png

the first completed Titan of this ETL

this is not entirely correct msn-wink.gif

nonetheless awesome work!

Yours was completed 10,000 years ago. I'm not sure it counts.

Isn't there a statue of limitations on vows Captain? :P

@Augustus: Brilliant model! I stand and applaud...even though it's a heretic machine

BLACK TEMPLARS [Participants: 67 / Vows: 93]

A completion rate of 30% means that the BT engine is in full speed. They have the second largest amount of completed points at 19k+ and a huge momentum. Will they be able to maintain it? That’s their bet. The only problem I see is that the persistently low average vow (680pts) means that their very large completion rate does not translate to a huge difference in terms of points. In fact the low average vow in a way ZEAL explains the high completion rate. So despite their great performance the BTs have also no other choice… If their completion rate was to drop, their incremental completed points will not be enough to guarantee them the top positions.

FIFY

As a side note the first completed Titan of this ETL made its appearance. It’s none other than EXCORIATOR ANGELI by Augustus b’Raass

I'm honoured! Thanks Semper, but arizonajirt is right. He posted this beast on May 2nd. It took him 2 days to build and paint (along with about five full squads of marines... No-one can top that.

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb383/arizonajirt/etl%20finished/908C6854-2283-4EBB-9547-97575E6BED3C_zpszgo4ueux.jpg

Ah, semper, did you forget a finished a Titan for the etl in two first 2 weeks?

You're right. It's just that May 2 seems like a lifetime ago... :rolleyes: sorry mate. What is the name of your Titan? ;)

the first completed Titan of this ETL

this is not entirely correct ;)

nonetheless awesome work!

This statements of mine proved less than accurate... Hahahaha! Give me the names of your twins. ;)

I have yet to name my titan. the scroll work is still blank til he can earn his name in battle. 

Mistakes happen Semper. Im not worried. so no worries at all. besides the warhound looks much nicer than mine. his paint job is by far better. 

Jesus Mary Joseph 50 marines and a reaver Titan someone must have been hitting the mt dew hard and crashed even harder

as soon as semper posted the ETL (4 am my time) i was all over the painting. I dont have a job right now so I am able to spend 12-18 hours painting a day. and the first 2 weeks of the ETL i averaged 14 hours a day. for the titan I used an air brush for the first time. so the main paint and washes were all airbrushed on. even the hazard stripes were airbrushed. based the armor in yellow and taped off and air brushed black. the only real brush used was clean up, lenses, details and interior. it was not hard to paint, I got the model a week before the etl, so i had it built and primed black before just waiting for the ETL to start. So in actually, i had those units done in 3 days. but thats just semantics. if i had but the details into my reaver as was put into the warhound, it would have taken me at least a week. the warhound's paint job is by far better than mine on the reaver

Hahaha...

Well I recall we had no Titans in the first ETL or the second ETL (if memory serves) but this year it seems there are quite a few. I want to do something special with the Titans. We'll see...

Must....resist...........urge............(nnnggghhhh)..................must......not......press....the.........confirm.......button.........aaaaarrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been educated. The wife has ensured our continual happiness. My family does not require a Titan. biggrin.png

Maybe so, but you need to explain to her that without a Titan of your own you'll be defenseless against other Titans...

...and when she asks what a "titan" is, you'll tell her that it's "a plastic box with tubes sticking out and legs that's about three feet tall."

That should definitely seal the deal. :P

Archived