=][= E Tenebrae Lux III =][=

Hahaha, I know... But I need to get SG to do it for me... And at this point he'd rather put a bolter round through my head than go back to the drawing board.

Still I'll ask him when my refractor field arrives! :D

TRULY, ALL THAT HAS BEEN DETERMINED IS THAT HALF OF THE EMPEROR'S MIGHTIEST WARRIORS ARE STRONGER THAN THE REST.

SO THE REST OF YOU MAY ATTEMPT YOUR BEST, HOWEVER, YOUR BEST WILL ONLY BE HALF AS GOOD AS IT NEEDS TO BE.

ONWARDS TEMPLARS!

Yeah yeah. Vows are only worth anything after you complete them, my loyalist friend. As it stand now, if everyone completes their vows, half our best would actually be just enough to win!

Hahaha, I know... But I need to get SG to do it for me... And at this point he'd rather put a bolter round through my head than go back to the drawing board.

Still I'll ask him when my refractor field arrives! biggrin.png

Pssh! Your Faith in the Emperor will protect you! Glory to the First! laugh.png

Alright. Well, since we're our own faction again, I'd suggest you get working on updating the ETL3 Banner, Captain. You're misrepresenting the teams msn-wink.gif

Look carefully at the posters, banners and when Captain Semper has some time your strategium.... ... I won't be wasting bolter rounds on loyalists!!! devil.gif

SG

Try painting lots of cheap Guardsmen! laugh.png

Brother Darklight, on 09 May 2014 - 05:13, said:

Alright. Well, since we're our own faction again, I'd suggest you get working on updating the ETL3 Banner, Captain. You're misrepresenting the teams msn-wink.gif

Look carefully at the posters, banners and when Captain Semper has some time your strategium.... ... I won't be wasting bolter rounds on loyalists!!! devil.gif

SG

Try painting lots of cheap Guardsmen! laugh.png

Brother Darklight, on 09 May 2014 - 05:13, said:

Bolter rounds are never wasted when fired at loyalists ;)

Your all forgetting the important detail here, A-D-B has turn from his chaos brothers, and become part of the blood angel forum. We must teach this traitor a lesson.

Send the eighth

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111209051057/warhammer40k/images/1/1c/Night_Lords_Assault.jpg

Could let him off. He has been trying to paint those for ages. And he is writing more NL stories too.

Hey Captain Semper I got a quick question, is it legal to vow a special character that has no specific chapter tactics?, basically to make a count as version of it, I ask because Im in the process of making a Silas Alberec count-as for my Black Templar crusade and wondering if I should paint him after I finish him or use it as part of my second vow.

Thanks.

I wonder Semper, do you track number of models painted too? or jsut in points? I would be very curious to see how many models are being painted for this ETL, but if its a huge amount of work tracking that too then its understandable to avoid that...

After this I became curious about how many $ were spent by ETLIII participants. I'm sure GW is quite happy with Captain Semper laugh.png

Hey Captain Semper I got a quick question, is it legal to vow a special character that has no specific chapter tactics?, basically to make a count as version of it, I ask because Im in the process of making a Silas Alberec count-as for my Black Templar crusade and wondering if I should paint him after I finish him or use it as part of my second vow.

Thanks.

That's absolutely fine - how are you going to price him? Here's what the rules say on the matter if it is any help:

Special Characters and “count-as” Special Characters

Special Characters are kind of a problem for ETL. They usually cost more than normal characters of similar stature due to their special rules or stats – both of which have no bearing in the ETL. However, such Characters exist in all factions so the effect is averaged out while the extra detail on the miniatures themselves ensures the effort to paint them is worth the premium. But what about Special Characters that do not have an official miniature out (tons of them in FW lists) or what if participants want to make their own version of a Special Character that may already have an official miniature out?

In that case we expect people to play in the spirit of the ETL and do the extra effort to present a miniature that will unmistakeably represent the Special Character in question. Kit-bash/convert the mini to the best of your ability not only with the correct loadout but with the extra attention that will make them stand out as true heroes of the faction. You also need to comply with the “irregularities” that certain Special Characters have. For example a DIY Azrael is expected to have the Watcher (apart from a combi-plasma and a cool sword) and Redmaw must have both the Werewolf and the “normal” version… If in doubt feel free to raise the issue with me before you commit.

Thanks captain! The character itself is priced 185 points on Forgeworld's update to the Badab Characters pdf, do I need to add/subtract a certain ammount of points to make it appropiate?

Well, you should price him on the lists appropriate for the BTs - that's the Codex: SM and SM Assault Vanguard from IA 10 - Badab War part 2. Doubt it will come to much difference in points actually...

Great!!!!

Another ETL!!!

All full paint units within my armies are always subject of ETL vow.

Time to add some Mantis Warriors or any other Angels of Death

Great!!!!

Another ETL!!!

All full paint units within my armies are always subject of ETL vow.

Time to add some Mantis Warriors or any other Angels of Death

Would love to see some Mantis Warriors!

Go for it Brother!

I'm sad to see the Templars go, although it'll probably be for the best of the competition overall.

I have a few questions though. I'm assembling some Templars to be part of my next (Angels of Death: Imperial Fists) vow. Will they still be permitted as they are still drawn from the same codex? Otherwise it's a bit of a bummer, as I invested in them for the ELT to honour the brotherhood between the Templars and the Imperial Fists. But I won't huff and puff too much if it's not allowed -it's your competition after all :)

On another note, I'm sure it's stated somewhere, but what about bases? Is it alright to leave them undone or give them a simple lick of paint? I'm asking because I ahven't figured out my basing theme yet and I'd like to be able to put it off so I can get going on my next vow. But again, I'll understand if that's not permissible.

As a final question, since Imperial Knights are usable by any faction, would it be alright for me to vow a Knight painted in Iron Warrior colours, even though I'm batting for the Imperial Fists this year? I'm asking because I want to give myself a bit of a challenge on my next vow, to go along with our current campaign. If I manage it in the time I set for myself, the Imperials will recover the Knight. Otherwise, their Nemesises (I know that's not a word), the Iron Warriors will take control of it. Would that be OK?

I'm sad to see the Templars go, although it'll probably be for the best of the competition overall.

I have a few questions though. I'm assembling some Templars to be part of my next (Angels of Death: Imperial Fists) vow. Will they still be permitted as they are still drawn from the same codex? Otherwise it's a bit of a bummer, as I invested in them for the ELT to honour the brotherhood between the Templars and the Imperial Fists. But I won't huff and puff too much if it's not allowed -it's your competition after all smile.png

Absolutely. There is no problem at all - you can paint your minis anyway you like but you can only support one forum - if you choose IF then IF it is! biggrin.png

On another note, I'm sure it's stated somewhere, but what about bases? Is it alright to leave them undone or give them a simple lick of paint? I'm asking because I ahven't figured out my basing theme yet and I'd like to be able to put it off so I can get going on my next vow. But again, I'll understand if that's not permissible.

A simple lick of paint is fine. Generally speaking, the ETL is encouraging participants to paint at the best of their ability and in any case not below their standards. So if you don't do bases that's fine - but this may be the opportunity to give it a go! woot.gif

As a final question, since Imperial Knights are usable by any faction, would it be alright for me to vow a Knight painted in Iron Warrior colours, even though I'm batting for the Imperial Fists this year? I'm asking because I want to give myself a bit of a challenge on my next vow, to go along with our current campaign. If I manage it in the time I set for myself, the Imperials will recover the Knight. Otherwise, their Nemesises (I know that's not a word), the Iron Warriors will take control of it. Would that be OK?

Again that's totally fine! As long as you pledge everything to ONE forum (IFs)

That's great! Thanks for the swift reply, Captain :)

I do usually do bases, though. It's just that the (rather few, as my inner perfectionist made me paint-strip my previous attempts at IF a year or so ago) IFs I've painted prior to the ETL have a basing theme I'm not quite happy with (I found that the colours on the models and the bases didn't really complement each other too well).

So I'll just give'em a simple lick of paint for now untill I hit on a theme I like; then I'll do the entire army.

Archived