=][= E Tenebrae Lux III =][=

im still half a mini off finshing vow one. i got plague marine burnout. ive had a week away from the paints and i think im ready to crack on and finish him tonight. then ill spend by birthday doin what i do best, building minis for vow 2 :)

I'm assuming that Completion Rate is important even now because the higher it is, the more likely folks will move on to Vow 2+ and potentially double / triple the Total Points Pledged?

Just wondering - did last year see a sudden uptick of Total Points Pledged in the June or July timeframe as the majority moved to Vow 2+?

The bulk of points lies with the first vows. Not all participants move to a second vow, in fact a relatively small percentage does. So the key is high completion rate in the first vows as soon as possible. The average amount of vows per participant in last year's ETL was in the region of 1.5.

Edit: that includes all vows, i.e. 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th.

I remember last years rushed finish of my last vow (number 5) only to have issues getting pics uploaded. This time around I'm not doing any of that rubbish. Leaving plenty of time to upload pics and such.

On Brother Argo's stepping down thread. There was talk of a special painting competition to paint up a Brother Argos miniature. Perhaps we can roll it into the ETL as a special vow.

I'd say run that after the ETL

I think I know the answer to this but wanted to confirm.

If I'm in between Vows (like done with Vow 4 but haven't started Vow 5), can I enter a few Out-Of-Competition dioramas (perhaps in contention for Badge of the Artisan), and then after continue with my next Vow? I'm assuming this would be allowed?

Badge of the Artisan

What's this?

Badge for impressive miniature? I think all those that completed HH vows last year got it?

Badge of the Artisan

What's this?

Badge for impressive miniature? I think all those that completed HH vows last year got it?

Ah, ok. One to aim for then.

@ Kilofix: Absolutely! Out of competition entries have a great deal of freedom and it's definitely allowed. Just make sure all the minis in the diorama are indeed B&C compatible, i.e. if I see Xenos I'm reaching for my melta - or plasma as us DAs have a fetish on this technology.

I'm gonna post The Semper this weekend along with his new friends... I can't thank you enough mate, it's a great gift! :)

@ forte: it's in the main rules in the awards section... ;)

@ Kilofix: Absolutely! Out of competition entries have a great deal of freedom and it's definitely allowed. Just make sure all the minis in the diorama are indeed B&C compatible, i.e. if I see Xenos I'm reaching for my melta - or plasma as us DAs have a fetish on this technology.

I'm gonna post The Semper this weekend along with his new friends... I can't thank you enough mate, it's a great gift! smile.png

@ forte: it's in the main rules in the awards section... msn-wink.gif

Rest assured there will be no aliens.

Just heroes vs those still loyal to the Corpse Emperor. biggrin.png

Aaaaand here's The Semper in his new home (long overdue):

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/SAM_0704_zps5925a86a.jpg

And here with his new best friend, Brother Clausius, Knight of the Disciples of Caliban First Comp.:

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/SAM_0705_zps505eecbb.jpg

Again thank you Kilofix - a really touching gift... :)

Aaaaand here's The Semper in his new home (long overdue):

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/SAM_0704_zps5925a86a.jpg

And here with his new best friend, Brother Clausius, Knight of the Disciples of Caliban First Comp.:

http://i1204.photobucket.com/albums/bb402/ackool/SAM_0705_zps505eecbb.jpg

Again thank you Kilofix - a really touching gift... smile.png

Brother Clausius really looks kind of jealous of the oblivious new guy in that picture. I can almost hear him say, "Really, Semper, he has Tartaros pattern and I've get what, a lousy bathrobe? And come on...he has flock on his base! All I have a some paint splatter." Then Brother Clausius storms off in a tiff to go write in his diary about how he's been with Semper all this time and some new guy shows up in fancy armor that he really makes him mad, but he doesn't really hate...I mean he'd wear it, but only because it was a gift from Semper, not because he likes it or anything. He'll go on about how the new guy has flock on his base and only idiots have flock on their bases, but perhaps it wouldn't be so bad if he had some flock on his base...but only a little since he only wants the flock on his base for Semper and he's not wanting it for himself...

Glad you have him now Semper.

But yes it does look like Clausius is like "What? You've got basing?" while The Semper is like "Hey look a rainbow".

Lol biggrin.png .

(What background is that btw?)

I just use lamps. It's a sad fact that my phtography skills are sorely lacking... What I need is a better camera - this one blurs everything up close...

Anyway, I use A4 for single minis and A3 for 5-strong squads... I have rtrouble fitting more than 5 models in a A3 background...

Archived