+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

I dark_angel_345 answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete: 5 terminators with chainfist and cyclone missile launcher-235, captain in terminator Armour with thunder hammer and storm shield-175 and a sanguinary priest in terminator armour with power sword-85.

from the Blood Angel Codex of total value 495 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the Angels sanguine and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I The Red Thirst answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete: 5 x Death Company with 1x Power Fist, 1x Thunder Hammer and 1x Infernus Pistol, all equiped with jump packs - from the Blood Angel Codex for a total value of 245 points to be completed on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Hmmm I think il participate again this year. Last year I made a small booboo and had some bad luck with a mail order arriving way to late which caused me to miss it back then :(

Im going to ToS this weekend and after that il sit down and see what units il submit for a vow :)

@ The Red Thirst: Your vow is in - good luck! :)

@ Demoulius: I look forward for your vow! I do hope you are more lucky this year!

As I will be posting the weekly update tomorrow pelase check the first page and make sure your status is correctly represented. If not let me know.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So be it. 

I, AD-B (first of his name),  answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux (third of its name) and vow to complete a 5-man Assault Squad from Codex: Blood Angels, at a value of 145pts. [thunder hammer; infernus pistol] on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Angels Numinous (and represent my largest ever painted army...) while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year's end.

Photos imminent.

Oh, what the heck.

I'm a bad painter, but am I a slower painter than you? It's time for a test to see who's actually the worst, and who is merely second-worst.

I have a Captain I want to vow; it's built from the Master of the Marches model (just a head-swap really) and so doesn't really display any wargear. That should probably just count as a standard Captain with no upgrades, yeah?

@ Plague Angel: I'd give him artificer armour for sure... Don't have the BA Codex handy, but those huge speakers could count-as an Iron Halo too... Feel free to play with the count-as concept (within reason) as the mini is far too elaborate to count as just a naked Captain...

John Rainbow: Your vow is in but I need you to calculate your total value... Good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks Captain Semper. I just got back into 40k and my old love of BA so I'm looking forward to some monster painting sesh's tonight and over the weekend. Anyway...

By August 1st I will have done:

Mephiston (250pts)

5 x Honour Guard w/Plasma Guns & Jump Packs (225pts)

Sang. Priest w/Power Axe & Jump Pack (90pts)

2 x 10 Assault Marines + 2x meltagun & p.fist sarge (2 x 235pts)

Total: 1035pts

I'll leave the StormRaven until later, maybe a 2nd pledge. I'll also try and post some WiP pics later today/tomorrow evening.

Q: I also have a converted Corbulo who is painted but needs basing only, also a Librarian that needs the same. Can I pledge those or are they too far along to count?

@ John Rainbow: I'm happy the ETL is motivating you to get back in the hobby! Unfortunately the idea of the ETL is to push people to start on new minis that are sitting idel - not to just put the finishing touches on them.... So I have to say the Corbulo and the Libby are too far gone to qualify for the ETL!

@ marine7312000: blink.png whaa...? ermm.gif hmm... yes... I see... No artificer armour then...

@ Plague Angel: So no artificer armour. tongue.png

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Leonaides answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a single Fireraptor, from the Imperial Armour books of total value (i'm not sure yet) on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the Ninth Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Vow entered - go tto work out points values stil though.

Ok so here's a 'before' shot of what I'm working with. It doesn't look like much but some of these are minis I had when I was 10 that I tried to strip with some Simple Green. I also have some more Jump Pack marines on the sprue (at the back) and some BA specific bits like shoulder pads and DC weapon sprues, chests, etc that will be for use in BA-ifying them. You can see some of these in the shots. Tonight the great gluing and sticking togethering will begin and maybe some painting afterwards too!

http://i1134.photobucket.com/albums/m616/John_Rainbow/Painted%20Minis/50149129-d292-4c5b-9f42-6444fd8099ad_zps0bd793e0.jpg

I, Templar1, do pledge my sword to the Angel and his Sons, and vow to create:

1 Stormraven Gunship,

5 Vanguard Veterans (with thunder hammers and storm shields)

5 Sanguinary Guard (w/power fist, inferno pistol, death masks)

10 Death Company (w/jump packs, 2 power fists, 2 inferno pistols, thunder hammer, hand flamer)

1 Furioso Librarian Dreadnought,

1 Death Company Dreadnought (w/Melta-grapple),

1 Mephiston,

1 Commander Dante,

1 Baal Predator (with sponson heavy bolters),

3 Sanguinary Priests (with 2 jump packs).

Totaling 2,215 points,

By August 1st. Failure to complete this oath will result in the warp swallowing me whole, which let's face it, would be pretty cool to watch.

@ Manadloriano: A nice completion sir - and much needed by the BAs! Look forwaerd for your follow up! :)

@ Templar1: Well, it appears that the BAs are making a comeback! Good luck Templar!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I Mandaloriano answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one squad of five Vanguard Veteran (with two lighting claws, two hand flamers and one power fist), one squad of seven devastators (with one multi melta, one missile launcher, one lascannon and sgt with combi bolter), and two attack Bikes with multimelta, from the Blood Angel Codex of total value 495 pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Sanguinius and the Angels Encarmine and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I will upload my pics in my Angels Encarmine WIP thread: 

http://www.bolterand...p/#entry3309403

Great!

@ Leonaidas: I must have missed your vow before, sorry - it's in now. When you work out your points value edit it in the original vow but do let me know so I can update your status. Good luck! smile.png

@ Mandaloriano: Good to see a follow up - the BAs certainly need that!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Love that paint scheme Sock; very striking.

Also, time for some cross forum fun: Blood Angel Plague Marines.  I know you guys are not as insane like your Black Templar brethren when someone posts their beloved in Dornian flavors, but perhaps you may wish to vow for Nurgle too now?

http://s15.postimg.org/cyny4yhp7/BA_Plague_Marines_01.jpg

Archived