+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Blood Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Okay, I have a free day tomorrow, here goes an easy vow two that I know I can get done, may be more afterwards.  Kind of sucks that I did not know I could ammend a vow, so my razorback is not going to be in, though I may post a pic anyways since I painted it while doing my first vow.  I just needed it for a battle, and it looks cool so it took priority.  Ohh, I will throw the before and after pics up in one post tomorrow when I finish this vow up as I am too lazy to shuffle files and resize right now.  There is painting to be done! We cannot be outdone by some savages from the Fang.

I Tabgoi answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete Chaplain Lemartes (original metal) and five death company Marines (original metal) with two thunder hammers, two power fists, a power weapon, and an inferno pistol all with jump packs from Codex Blood Angels of total value of 465 points on or before August 1st.
Success will bring eternal glory to Blood Angels First Founding Chapter of the Ninth Legion Astartes and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Okay, here is the before, got the old school lemartes, found him a metal jump pack in my bits box. I have four metal Dante jump packs, honestly have no clue why. Gave the DC some forge world armament, ot thrilled with it as it is a bit on the small side but I bought the things so I may as well put them to use.

gallery_57222_9535_35423.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_423016.jpg

For the after shots I decided to take them before I ard coat them. Made them a bit better, but still not great. They are not based right now as I am going to gloss coat them first and then add some tiny bricks to cover the base that I got from Pegasus, so there is not going to be any more paint going on them. And yeah, I could not sleep last night which is why I managed to get them knocked out so soon. I may need to back up on the caffine use a bit.

gallery_57222_9535_751886.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_577446.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_23531.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_103092.jpg

So that brings Vow 2 to an end. Since I have most of the day left I may as well get a bit more done to try and get our board a few more points so I am going to paint these two guys up. The first was a birthday present, the second I got a little bit ago, pretty sure he was Tycho, all the metal tab said was Captain, but similar marking and overall style, just obviously an earlier era of the game.

gallery_57222_9535_105618.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_38594.jpg

I Tabgoi answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the Sanguinar and a rogue trader era Tycho from Codex Blood Angels of total value of 450 points on or before August 1st.
Success will bring eternal glory to Blood Angels First Founding Chapter of the Ninth Legion Astartes and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Also, there are forum champions? I thought there was just a main one for completion, one for best painted, and largest vow (and no way I could have taken on that Raven Wing guy, I just cannot paint that fast and I have to work).

Congrats everyone on there completions; hopefully I'll be finishing mine over the next couple of days.

Okay, here is the before, got the old school lemartes, found him a metal jump pack in my bits box. I have four metal Dante jump packs, honestly have no clue why. Gave the DC some forge world armament, ot thrilled with it as it is a bit on the small side but I bought the things so I may as well put them to use.

gallery_57222_9535_35423.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_423016.jpg

For the after shots I decided to take them before I ard coat them. Made them a bit better, but still not great. They are not based right now as I am going to gloss coat them first and then add some tiny bricks to cover the base that I got from Pegasus, so there is not going to be any more paint going on them. And yeah, I could not sleep last night which is why I managed to get them knocked out so soon. I may need to back up on the caffine use a bit.

gallery_57222_9535_751886.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_577446.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_23531.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_103092.jpg

So that brings Vow 2 to an end. Since I have most of the day left I may as well get a bit more done to try and get our board a few more points so I am going to paint these two guys up. The first was a birthday present, the second I got a little bit ago, pretty sure he was Tycho, all the metal tab said was Captain, but similar marking and overall style, just obviously an earlier era of the game.

gallery_57222_9535_105618.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_38594.jpg

I Tabgoi answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the Sanguinar and a rogue trader era Tycho from Codex Blood Angels of total value of 450 points on or before August 1st.

Also, there are forum champions? I thought there was just a main one for completion, one for best painted, and largest vow (and no way I could have taken on that Raven Wing guy, I just cannot paint that fast and I have to work).

Another with two days to go? blink.pngwoot.gif

Mozley, those look awesome. I really love that two color scheme. Ohh, and here are some pics, vow three complete. And there is no way I have time for more. In fact I would like to have better pics of these as they are not the best, but I am not going to be home with enough time before the competition ends.

So first up is a mostly finished Tycho, trying not to get the glare. In hind sight I should have used a darker brown for the leather than I usually use, because it blends into the gold too well. And I forgot how long it takes to get gold looking right.

gallery_57222_9535_97280.jpg

And here are some pics of the Sanguinar's base before the assembly so you can see it a bit better.

gallery_57222_9535_150565.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_106158.jpg

And here are the final guys, and I did not realize until I got to work and started posting that my shadow is covering part of the picture, smooth move on my part. Also, there is no winged blood drop on the oin cloth for Tycho just yet. I was going to free hand it, remembered I suck at that, so transfer it is. But those go on as part of the gloss coating which would make the picture suck, so it is not on in the pic.

gallery_57222_9535_120183.jpg

gallery_57222_9535_280038.jpg

Normally I am not great at painting infantry. Dreadnaughts and tanks, I am your guy, but not infantry. That said, in person that Saunguinar came out far better than I was expecting and I am really happy with it. He really does not fit my normal play style too well, but I may have to field him just because I like how he came out, its pretty much the only reason I keep bringing my Sang Guard to battle.

Wow! quite some activity here! Ok guys - last year you had 25kpts. Now you're just below 20k... Do you think you can match last year's effort?

@ Tabgoi: You're on fire! :lol: And you have a total of 4.8kpts which means you are an even better candidate for Champion! And yes, every faction has its Champion, that's the participant with the most completed points - provided he has not failed a single vow!

@ mazley: man, this is sooo nice! :drool: Well done! How did you go about the black areas?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Thanks all, great entries so far, and good luck with the rest of your vows!

My black (charcoal) is the following:

Black primer

Drybrush Mechanicus grey*

Drybrush Dawnstone*

Nuln oil x 2

Drybrush Mechanicus grey*

Nuln oil

Light drybrush Dawnstone & highlights*

*hold the model up to a lamp or light then drybrush the 'lightened' areas

Vow complete!

It was great to be (a small) part of this years ETL! Seeing all you guys working hard to finish your vows really inspired me and helped me to push myself a little more.

Now I present to you, my Blood Angels Captain:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/harmen_eefting/Captain/5607C349-41CD-4C26-8E6C-4185FC04AE36_zpsvdyb45da.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c228/harmen_eefting/Captain/C3009F66-E21A-43DB-8B7D-F3D349E9D928_zps2q0qqehl.jpg

More pics in my WIP topic http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/291753-voxxels-wip-etl-iii-vow-complete-finished-captain/?p=3760154

Awesome to see so many of you are completing your vows this week! Keep it up! thumbsup.gif

Archived