+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

@ Belial83: A huge vow indeed! Good luck Belial, and as SG said you may also enter the Titanas Belli with the same squads (provided theiy are DW and/or Characters)

Just as a small update, the DAs are doing well but are by no means leading this ETL. We're still very much in the leading group but we are behind in terms of paticpants compared to the BTs, the AoDs and the HH and we are at par with Chaos. We are third behind the AoD and Chaos in terms of pledged points but as this is the recruitment phase, the primary metric to follow is patricipation...

SO ARE THERE ANY MORE LOYAL SONS OF THE LION TO STEP FORWARD AND TAKE THE VOW?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I finished my first vow so quickly I was thinking of doing a second one consisting of Black Knights, and the Nephilim!

I realized last night as I was painting the wings... I never took a picture of it primed. D'oh! I may try to sneak it in.... but still not sure if I have the time... or the 'Grim Resolve'. ;)

SO ARE THERE ANY MORE LOYAL SONS OF THE LION TO STEP FORWARD AND TAKE THE VOW?

I, Lord Jimmy Rajden answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX III and vow to complete the following:

Lord Belial:

- 190 (Sword of Secrets and stormbolter)

A Company Master:

- 130 (Terminator armour, Powersword, Stormbolter)

Two five man Deathwing company command squads:

- 350 (Banner of fortitude, 3 T.H-SSs, Deathwing champion, Cyclone missile launcher)

- 240 (Dwathwing champion, Plasma cannon)

A Techmarine:

- 85 (Powerfield Generator, Auspex)

A ten man Devastator squad

- 220 (Veteran sergant, 2 Plasma cannons, 2 Lascannons)

All from Dark Angels current codex of a total estimated value of  1215

pts before the first of August. Success will bring eternal glory to the

Dark Angels Chapter! Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until

the year-enId.

I also swear a BLOOD OATH by the Rock to at least double these points before said date.

Progress can be found in the following link of my last ETL thread, might as well follow up! 

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/276315-consecrators-a-reboot-comeback-e-tenebrae-lux-iii/?p=3686486

Hello Radjen - Good to see the loyal Sons of the Lion still in the fight! Welcome and good luck! :)

As I will be posting the weekly update tomorrow pelase check the first page and make sure your status is correctly represented. If not let me know.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

tomorrow? if things keep going acording to plan, i will finish my current vow in the weekend, sadly to late for the update. ah well...

not wanting to go of topic, but in a semi related note, i have been rumaging in my bits/unfinished projects/re-purposed models box, and i have a doubt. lets say that i have a deathwing army with belial and a terminator interrogator-chaplain. both have their own deathwing command squad. i could swear that there could only be a single company champion in them, but i cant find any such restriction in the codex (the only would be a single company banner per army). so could i field 2 deathwing comand squads, both with apothecary, champion and banner? say one company banner and one sacred standard?

From the errata:

Page 95 – Deathwing Command Squad, options. Change the second bullet point to:

“• One Deathwing Terminator in the army may be upgraded to the Deathwing Champion, replacing all their weapons with the Halberd of Caliban."

Vow Complete!

Vow Completed

Azrael Completed

phew!

Come on brothers keep up the good work!

This was my first time entering the ETL and its been really inspiring seeing all the other dark angels devotees driving each other on. many thanks

Now to see what else lurks in the "to do" box

FOR THE 1ST! FOR THE LION!!

From the errata:

Page 95 – Deathwing Command Squad, options. Change the second bullet point to:

“• One Deathwing Terminator in the army may be upgraded to the Deathwing Champion, replacing all their weapons with the Halberd of Caliban."

Oh, I just figured they made it uniqe for Dark Angels to be able to have more than one champion since you can take a Ravenwing champion and Company champion in their respective entries without restriction.

I guess that makes my pledge a "two detachment" pledge. since I have two champions, or do I have to edit out my 5 point upgrade?

Well, seeing as how people pledge not based on detachment but models, I don't think it matters so long as it's of a legal entry, for instance you can't give a company master multiple combi-weapons, but you can model one for each instance of it

a ravenwing comand squad with a company champion and a deathwing comand squad with a company champion are both codex legal entries, thus valid ETL vows. the event is not about army lists, just codex entries. you could pledge 15 deathwing comand squads, all of them with a company champion and a deathwing company banner, and they would all be valid vows

You have arrived at the correct conclusion. The building block of the ETL is "the unit". Each unit should be a legal entry from the Codex (or other associated list). We are not building army lists here (although I assume that many of us take the ETL's opportunity to actually build-up pre-designed army lists). Therefore you can vow as many Command Squads as you like with a member upgraded to Company Champion... It goes without saying that you cannot have more than one Champion per Command Squad... tongue.png

@ Hoots: Congratulations mate - a desperately needed completion! Bravo! I sure hope you go again! Just a small point, I can't see the Watcher... The 215 pts go for both minis, so please either take a pic of him if you have him, or add it as soon as you can to have the vow properly closed... msn-wink.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ captain semper  hmm i have no idea where that guy is or if he's paintable. he may have been attacked by a younger me with a hacksaw!?! i shall see if i can look him out. if i cant 't find him i do have a basecoated watcher holding the perfidious relic from the deathwing knights kit would this suffice??

Cheers

watcher in the dark

watcher in the dark

Edit: added photo of watcher before and after pics

What constitutes a 'painted' mini?

Could I get away with undercoat, wash, highlight, details (eyes, bolters and chest adornments), transfers and base?

It's subjective, 'Painted' is what you're happy calling 'Finished'. Models should be painted to the level you'd paint them to outside of the ETL. Bases are not required, but if you'd usually base you probably should.

Cheers,

Jono

*doublepost...but*

Well, :cuss

I Arizonajirt answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the below list from Codex: Space Marines of total value of 4,765 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Raven Guard and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

HQ: 

cypher 190

Captain: artificer armor, storm bolter, power fist 140
Captain: artificer armor, plasma pistol, power fist 150
servitors 30
chaplain, plasma pistol (grimaldus) 105
chapter master: artificer armor relic blade combi melta (helbrecht) 185
captain: relic blade, artificer armor (emperors champion) 135
chaplain: bp, jump pack 105
Shadow captain shrike 185
Captain, Artificer armor, PW, Storm bolter 130
Command Squad: champion, banner, apothecary, meltagun 155

ELITES:

Vanguard vets 5 MAN): PW x1, pair lightning claws (sword brethern) 140
ven Dreadnought: TL lascannon, heavy flamer 160
ven dreadnought: assault cannon, missile launcher 155
Vanguard vets (5 MAN): 1x relic blade, 2x PW, 2x plasma pistols 195
Sternguard Vets (5 MAN): 1x combi melta, 1 x PF 155
Terminator Squad (5 man) 3x chainfists, cyclone missile 240

TROOPS

Scout Squad (10 man) vet Sgt, all CCW/BP 120
Scout Squad (10 man) vet Sgt, all bolters 120
tac squad: vet sgt Bolter, bolters 150
tac squad: vet sgt bolter, all bolters 150
Tac Squad: vet sgt PF/BP, Plasma gun, plasma cannon 205

FAST ATTACK

Assault Squad (10):  Vet Sgt PF/Plasma pistol, 2x flamer 200
Assault squad (10): vet sgt power sword, plasma pistol, 2x plasma pistols 210
assault squad: vet sgt plasma/power weapon, 2x plasma pistol (no JP) 210

HEAVY SUPPORT:

Dev squad (10 MAN): Vet Sgt PW, Lascannon x 2, Multimelta x 2 225
Dev squad (10 MAN): Vet Sgt, Heavy Bolter x 2 Plasma Cannon x 2 200

with my second vow, I will be redoing my raven guard 3rd company as a Black Templar army. I will be repainting the whole thing and rebuilding them, so the beginning picks will be painted as raven guard or unpainted and with a pile of parts set with them so i can rebuild them. 

Looks like I'll be painting at least an RG Special Character come August......

Cheers,

Jono

Archived