Tactical Squad
+5 Marines
Veteran Sergeant
Meltabombs
Lightning Claw
Combi-Flamer
Melta Gun
Lascannon

from Codex: Dark Angels for a total value of 2259 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the First Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

@ Cod_lover: The 10th Master salutes the 9th Master! This is exquisite painting mate and it sure has your signature "clean"style that I very much like! Well done! :tu:

@ Tanyr: :jaw: 'nuff said. Just a reminder: If you fail your last vow or all your previous vows are nullified and count for nothing. Which means your will not fail. Which is great because you are in a great path of becoming the DA Champion this year! :o

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Aye, i'll be fine. While we do only have less than a month remaining, i still prefer to view it as having a WHOLE month remaining. Theres a lot that can be done in that time, yet. Tried hard to vow a full battle company, but for the first time in years, i've run into the regrettable situation of not having enough spare bits to make even a single tactical marine, let alone the 3 assault marines i lacked.

I Cod_lover [Cod] answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:

1 x Company Master with artificer armour, power sword, combi-flamer and auspex (built into back pack), for a total of 140pts, from the Dark Angels Codex on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and the Lion and failure will doom me 

to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

This will be Master Amenadiel, Last Commander of the 4th Ironwing Company, the 'Siege Angel'.

Really tried to create an old school knightly look with chainmail mixed in. Couldn't decide whether he should of had a shield also, but as the combi is separate I can play around with weaponry for games. 

awesome completions guys! im working on mine while on a 24 hour shift at work... thought mine looked good until I saw yours!  I'll use the excuse that I'm a beginner...

Techmarines M'ont Gomery Scott and Geordi Laforge discussing ETL

Scotty: Geordi, I have spent my whole life trying to figure out crazy ways of doing things. I'm telling ya, as one Techmarine to another - I can do this.
Geordi: [sighs] All right. Let's do it.
Scotty: [ecstatic] Aye!

Edit: This also seems to apply to most of my models but change slightly to: crazy ways of doing things with magnets ;)

Scotty: I'm giving her all she's got, Captain!

Captain S: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

Maybe with a slight misquote... msn-wink.gif

"Star Trek: The Next Generation: Relics (#6.4)" (1992)

"Star Trek" (2009)

@ Galthan: Great progress mate - an impressive piece of hardware there! :tu:

@ Master Avoghai: An excellent and timely completion! 

OK guys, we really need to keep pace! The BTs are just 20pts behind us and we have roughly the same amount of total points pledged. We really need to send those Templars a message that the First will not tolerate lesser Legions (or Second Founding Chapters) to stand in our way!

I CALL UPON THOSE WHO ARE IN THE LAST STAGES OF THEIR VOWS IRRESPECTIVE OF SIZE: BROTHERS MAKE THE EFFORT TO COMPLETE BEFORE THE NEXT WEEKLY UPDATE TO SHOW ALL THAT THE FIRST WILL NOT BE DENIED!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

5th and final vow complete

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/deathwing/P1010116_zps1179f982.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/deathwing/P1010115_zps06b07404.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/deathwing/P1010117_zps132b2ea7.jpg

now to enjoy a well deserved rest and a bag of gummy bears. yum! yum! woot.gif

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/P1010078_zps5ac0f60d.jpg

it was NOT full laugh.png

they sell it like this drool.gif

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h222/caalsigo/market_dried_fruit_stand_zps31cfe65c.jpg

and the bag is one size fits all.

talk about going of topic...

Damn dude, that would be a serious sugar overload,  my kid saw the picture and wanted to know what store it was in, I think it's being added to our list of places to visit when we go to Europe (the kid dreams big, blah).  

Good job on the completion of your 5th vow.  I'll be making my #4 in the next few days, I want to pick up a can of primer and get this model I just decided to add primed so I can paint it at the same time as some of the other stuff in the pile :)  

Keep pushing guys!

Paul

Aradiel, you're a machine man. Congrats. I'm trying to finish my vow and sucking at it... Seeing your massive vow completions makes me feel like a girly man.

Please treat yourself to a fist full of those gummy eggs next time you have the chance. You've earned them. lol

Congratulations Aradiel! A respectable total of 3,940pts - a true Hero of the Chapter! Now it's Haribo time! Well deserved but don't let Asmodai catch you smiling! :P

Now here's the situation: we're some 11k pts behind the AoDs and only 754pts ahead of the BTs! We need to make to leap forward and narrow the gap between us and AoD while leaving behind the BTs. Any more completions coming before the Weekly Update tomorrow?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Not from me. I will have all the bodies painted and based by the weekend then I will paint the arms over the next couple of weeks.

The devil is in the details.

I've got everything primed and basecoated. I'm plugging away on the small tac squad.

I have to stay up after my wife goes to sleep to get some "quality time" in with my models toys as she calls em. ermm.gif

Archived