+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Congratulations for your completion - that was indeed fast! :o - lovely stuff!

Now you have the task of completing this DW & Transport on time or all is lost! Remember if you fail on any vow after the first then ALL vows are nullified and count for nothing! So failure is not an option!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Vow complete , man that took me a long time, so many real life commitments came all at once, nevertheless, my small offering to the dark angels is complete, (first two photos show completed squads)

http://s1258.photobucket.com/user/srbwmason/media/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zps3994ae44.jpg.html?filters%5Buser%5D=140125390&filters%5Brecent%5D=1&sort=1&o=0

Edited with link

So, what's a Licorne?  loll

It's the French word for "unicorn"...

Those models also participate to an event : basically it works like ETL : you pledge points and have to paint it before a deadline with 2 modifications :

- the event is supposed to reproduce a battle in a hive city called Gilgamesh and opposed DA to Chaos. You have to choose a terrain zone (mechanicus temple, astopathe temple, cathedral, governor's palace...) the side with the most points pledged win this zone of the hive.

- the contest last one year and is divided in 2 months sessions. Each session has a password to proove that our models weren't already painted before the beginning of the session.... This session's password is "unicorn"... Because who doesn't love unicorns? :lol:

Entry isn't closed so every participants are welcome... Particularly DA ones because we are 6 against 10 chaos players! :o

Feel free to ask

@ Mc_luhvin: Great, let's see a tide of sub 500pts completed that together will create the momentum and the solid addition of points! Now there are some issues with your link - please edit your post above accordingly when you get the time! :)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Third vow (and my blood oath!) is now complete smile.png Don't think I added a 'before' pic in my vow post (although there are plenty of WIP pics in my Sword Bearers thread), so here they are:

BEFORE:

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag344/mat_at/ETL%20Vow%203/CIMG7099_zps80739979.jpg

And AFTER:

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag344/mat_at/ETL%20Vow%203/CIMG7220_zps6afdcd05.jpg

I reckon I've just about got time for one last mini vow before August 1st, so here goes:

I, Spaced Hulk, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete:
Interrogator Chaplain, armed with a power sword @ 125 pts
Interrogator Chaplain, armed with a power fist @ 135 pts
Interrogator Chaplain, equipped with a power axe & jump pack @ 140 pts
http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag344/mat_at/CIMG7201_zpsbf63b856.jpg

For a total of 400 pts from Codex: Dark Angels by August 1st. Success will bring glory to the 1st Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame til years end.

@ Spaced Hulk: A beautiful force growing! Well done brother - another hefty contribution there - and a much needed one! Good luck with the fourth vow and remember: it's all or nothing - so failure is not an option! 

@ Paul: You've done great service to the Chapter brother. Now observe the closing of the event from the safety of the Rock! :)

@ Chaplain Lucifer: Wow! A great force you got going there! The Inner Circle sure shows the way! Well done! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Just returned from a 1800km round trip to get my other half to a hospital in the 'big smoke' for a bone marrow test sad.png , got home and all I wanted to do was paint, so...

Vow complete!

Master Amenadiel, Last Commander of the 4th Ironwing Company, the 'Siege Angel'.

Amenadiel favoured the motto 'Igni Ferroque' (With Fire and Iron) fairly appropriate for a siege expert who employed scorched earth tactics. He fell fighting within the eye of terror.

Come on Dark Angels, push for that final vow thumbsup.gif

Do we have to paint a knight DA green with DA icons or are Participants free to paint them the way they want?

I think they're free for all, so you can paint them in whatever colour you want. Also, if you paint a Green Knight, it has to be headless. True story.

@ Cod_lover: Congratulations on your completion - this is fantastic quality mate! :tu: The amount of detail (the lettering on the strap of the bolter :o) is breathtaking - as is your clean-cut style! I'm sorry to hear about the hospital mate - whatever it is I hope it goes away fast! :)

@ Master Avoghai: The heretic is correct. The Knights are highly individual units and remain so even when allied with other factions... Besides, who's to say which DA successor they have aligned with? :lol:

FOR THOSE WHO HAVE A SECOND OR SUBSEQUENT VOW OUTSTANDING, PLEASE WRAP IT UP! WE'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME AND I WANT TO AVOID LAST MINUTE DISSAPOINTMENT. REMEMBER: IF YOU FAIL ON ANY VOW ALL PREVIOUSLY COMPLETED ONES WILL BE NULLIFIED AND COUNT FOR NOTHING!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I think they're free for all, so you can paint them in whatever colour you want. Also, if you paint a Green Knight, it has to be headless. True story.

@ Master Avoghai: The heretic is correct. The Knights are highly individual units and remain so even when allied with other factions... Besides, who's to say which DA successor they have aligned with? laugh.png

YES! Headless Knight inbound! biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

2 tactical squads remaining of my battle company vow, so i'll have it done soon.I'll be travelling for the next couple days, so i wouldn't expect it until after the next update. Probably won't risk the fifth vow, since i'm becoming quite sick of looking at my paintbrushes.

Archived