+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Brilliant effort guys the Lion truly does live in this forum! Absolutely superb momentum too.... Keep pushing! and keep making more vows, Captain Semper's heart needs a cardiovascular workout.... and his nerves...well.... they are steel of course! devil.gif blush.png

SG

@cod_lover

Most impressive. I'm glad to see my Space Crusade figures could inspire such a tank. I have that weapon but the Dread will not give it up.

@Spaced Hulk
Another great character model as I expected it would be.

@Grotsmasha
How many chapters do you have anyway? biggrin.png

@Cerroneth
What is the story behind the color scheme? It works much better than I would have expected. I wanted to paint my own Knight but chickened out, haha. The fist looks great, btw.

@Shubniggurath

Vehicles are my bane, I envy your ability to see them though.

@JeffJedi

To be honest, I don't really enjoy painting vehicles, but the Contemptor is like a big terminator, so it's all good laugh.png. Then, I'd rather paint vehicules than bikes... Took me several weeks to paint the bike squad, and only a few days to paint the Contemptor + Nephilim.

@JeffJedi, In all honesty, I chose the paint scheme because it was  easy to paint, and I thought it looked good.  just prime it all white, used a paint gun to put down a coat of Iron breaker over the metal, pick out the joints in lead belcher and Nuln oil, and paint the armor trim in lothern blue.

I am so close to finishing my last vow. Spent many hours on it again last night, but will only have one more chance this week to finish the two squads. I definitely can't finish the bases. The last thing I want to do is have to negate what I've already completed.... I'm really hoping Wednesday this week I can do it.

@Grotsmasha

How many chapters do you have anyway? biggrin.png

Actively being painted? Let's see, we've got HH 1st Legion, HH Vlka Fenryka, Dark Angels, Disciples of Caliban, Guardians of the Covenant, Fire Hawks/LotD and my DIY The Heralds of Devastation. That makes 7. I guess that is a few when you add them up......

Tremendous effort guys! This is really a unique situation here! The DAs not only have the largest completion rate but are only second to Chaos right now! Keep going for there will be now mercy from the Mighty First!

@ Cerroneth: A mighty Knight indeed! Beautiful work mate, just beautiful! 

@ Shubniggurath (or person with the most difficult name this side of the Galaxy): A great completion indeed! I'd really like to have a closer look at that Contemptor - looks awesome! 

@ Tanyr: You sir have made 10.2kpts in this ETL... You are sooo close to become the DA Champion. And a deserved title it will be! Congrats!

@ Stobz: Still no pics! :angry: C'mon!!!!! AAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh... (how about bringing the daemon back? it's been a while...)

UPDATED TO THIS POINT! 

Wow, the DA's have been haulin it to the finish line!

And Stobz is becoming quite the showman, keeping everyone in suspense whistlingW.gif
But we know it will be amazing, so all is forgiven.

@cod_lover

Most impressive. I'm glad to see my Space Crusade figures could inspire such a tank. I have that weapon but the Dread will not give it up.

@ JeffJedi Thank you and what better way to represent a revered tank than with a 'WH40K historical' armament choice!
And yes dreads are like that, they dont like to give up their toys.
I received some good news earlier today, my fiancees chronic myleoid leukemia has NOT spread to her bones, the results are clear! Now we just got to get the medication levels right! Phew its somewhat of a relief, just in time for her birthday too, which is August 1, fancy that!!!!
Keep pushing DA's, you know the Unforgiven don't like to leave stragglers behind thumbsup.gif

Crikey that's kind of great news Cod, all the best matesad.png . Kind of puts wardolls in perspective.

No more showmanship or suspense msn-wink.gif

The Team:

14784491895_ebab626c1e_h.jpg

The Team with their Ride:

14761494556_aefb42504b_h.jpg

And you remember these guys:

14784498655_ff0b8e5e4d_b.jpg

Enjoy.

COME ON STRAGGLERS!!! If I can do it so can you!!!!

biggrin.png

stobz

I received some good news earlier today, my fiancees chronic myleoid leukemia has NOT spread to her bones, the results are clear! Now we just got to get the medication levels right! Phew its somewhat of a relief, just in time for her birthday too, which is August 1, fancy that!!!!

cod - fantastic news and thank goodness after the nightmare your fiancee has obviously been through.  It's an oft-used phrase but such things certainly put wee plastic soldiers into perspective.

Power to you both for the future.

That's indeed good news. Glad you'll have something even happier to celebrate on August 1st.

Best wishes for you two

To Plasmaspam and Master Avoghai, Thank you! Its a somewhat better road ahead now, but still a journey. You know it really is surprising how guys on here really do say nice things which are appreciated thumbsup.gif

Stoobbbbbz!!! They are Bewdiful! The colours are really well chosen. A truly magnificent squad, with an equally impressive ride for them. Watching these guys in a game must look like little mobile artworks!
One day when you play a game, take quick photos for the duration of the whole game of these vehicles and squads, I bet you could make an awesome stop motion film. If it worked for the Lego film, it should work for WH40k too!

Well it took a while, but in between working on my thesis I finally managed to complete my vow. I have loads more I wanted to paint for the competition but couldn't find the time unfortunately. Either way:

I, Cyfax of the Dark Angels, have kept faith with my Primarch and the Legion!

RW Command Squad + 1 Additional Black Knight

gallery_75066_9309_32446.jpg

4 Black Knights Including Huntsmaster:

gallery_75066_9309_153319.jpg

And last but not least, my Company Master with artificer armor, jump pack, plasma pistol and the mace of redemption.

gallery_75066_9309_28660.jpg

For the Lion and the Legion!

Great new btw Cod, all the best to you two!

After some restless sleep, I got up put on Eddie Murphy's Raw and Delirious back to back and got my paints on. The first squad is finished, the second squad has power weapons and bases, and the third squad has wash, eyes, power weapons and bases. I'll be wrapping them up tomorrow.  I've also found a Mortis Contemptor sorely in need of repair, so we may be seeing him as a third vow.

Cheers,

Jono

@Captain Semper

Hehe, thanks! As per request, here's a close-up shot of the Contemptor. It came out pretty nice. 

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Brother_Jerulas/ContemptorMortis2_zps27c57dad.jpghttp://i1258.photobucket.com/albums/ii524/Brother_Jerulas/ContemptorMortis1_zps6542b926.jpg

Stobz... NICE rides dude. I gotta favour to ask... My Dark Angels do not have a completed Landraider, and the boys wanted to hit some of the bars on Rigel VII. Would it be okay if borrowed one for the weekend pass? (It would have to be a crusader so we could fit some fine ladies in it.)

Seriously though, did you do those all at once? And it looks like 2 raiders, and 2 crusaders. Any thoughts on trying one of the other  variants out?

Cyfax,

The bike squad looks great. That banner looks amazing. Any chance of getting a closer picture of it?

Archived