+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Dark Angels Strategium+++

Captain Semper

@ Master Avoghai: *breaths out* Well done brother... The Inner Circle is most pleased with your performance - you sure have made the Lion proud. Asmodai will allow you a 5 sec smile. Use it wisely! I have to say you had a stellar performance with 5 vows and 2,380pts in this ETL you managed to keep the momentum of the DAs even at some dark periods. Congratulations sir! 

@ Elmo: *takes off winged helmet* :blink: Impressive... most impressive! It was certainly worth the wait! :D Lovely work with the white (and the random? red detailing) as well as the red casings. But I have to say that the work on the banner is really outstanding! You sure made good use of the DV set and the result is one that you should be rightly proud of! Congratulations Elmo, we can always count on you for holding the line! 

DARK ANGELS HEED ME WELL: THIS IS THE LAST WEEKEND BEFORE THE DEADLINE - USE IT WELL!!!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Now I want a Command squad too... 

Oof this took me too long.  

SvenONE of the Dark Angels have kept faith with my Primarch and completed my oath of moment.

Company Master in Terminator Armor with the Monster Slayer of the Caliban and Perfidious Relic of the Unforgiven

Command Squad with Deathwing Company Banner, Champion, Cyclone Missile Launcher, 4x "Lightning Claws"

http://i.imgur.com/1rCTBPP.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/ciTdtUY.jpg

It's 6pm, I have to be @ work by 10pm and I've not slept, so pics in the morning, but........vow complete. Finally!!!

Pics first thing when I get home in the morning with a follow-up vow of 30 terminators.

Cheers,

Jono

The Champion of Old returns with vengeance! Well done Grotsmasha! I look forward for the pics in order to update the first page! The question is, are you comfortable with 30 termies in less than a week? :o 

Look fwd for the pics! :)

@ Radjen: don't forget the pics of your initial vow mate - if the pics are not there by Friday your completion won't count...

Eermagerd; how do peeps paint so fast? It's taken me over 40 hours to paint five of the suckers.

Finishing the last one tomorrow, then I only have the bases to paint and I'm green to go Semper Sir. I was a bit scared there for a while...

:D

stobz

I Cod_lover [Cod] have kept faith with my Primarch and completed my oath of moment.

Vow Complete!

Group shot of vows.

I had big plans for this ETL but often as real life does, it's dramas unfold at inappropriate times! Regardless, I'm glad to have contributed a little and have enjoyed immensely seeing others figures come to life. Way to go Dark Angel Brothers thumbsup.gif

++Reinforcements standing by

++Teleport lock acquired

++Deploying in T minus 3 seconds

++Charging capacitors

++T minus 2

"Strike hard and fast brothers!"

++T minus 1

"For the Lion and for Caliban!"

http://i1205.photobucket.com/albums/bb440/Cactus-/ETL%20III/20140727_120522_zps2d370183.jpg

Vow complete. cool.png

The Dark Vengeance models are very nice. I should paint the other three some time. wub.png

Final vow complete (sorry about the blurry pics smile.png ):

med_gallery_917_9763_25737.jpg

med_gallery_917_9763_460446.jpgmed_gallery_917_9763_1136925.jpg

There are some truly inspiring models on display in this thread, so I'd like to say well done to everyone who has taken part, and best of luck to everyone still finishing off their vows thumbsup.gif

Also want to add a very big thank you to Captain Semper for all his hard work organising the ETL. For the first time in almost 17 years of hobby, I actually have a painted army, and the ETL is the reason! smile.png

Cod great work keeping to the high standard set by your earlier completions. I'd love to know how you do your glow effect on the weapons and eyes.

Fantastic momentum guys!

@ Cod: This is the epitome of your work! Clean lines, beautiful sharp contrast and amazing freehand at that! You made the Lion (and everybody else for that matter) proud! I salute you!

@ Cactus: I was beginning to be nervous... Bravo!

@ Spaced Hulk: I'm very happy and proud that the ETL provided you with such motivation! You've done 4,180pts - a full army by any standards! Congrats!

DARK ANGELS! FORWARD!!!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/warhammer40k/images/2/25/LandRaiderDarkAngels00.jpg

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Grotsmasha, have kept faith with my Primarch and completed my first oath of moment!!!

3x Belial @ 570pts

gallery_48988_9534_26420.jpg

6x Company Masters and 1x Interrogater-Chaplain Seraphicus @ 870pts

gallery_48988_9534_19849.jpg

3x Contemptors @ 630pts

gallery_48988_9534_25802.jpg

for a total of 2,070pts.

In addition I make my second oath of moment,

I, Grotsmasha, answer the call of E Tenebrae Lux and vow to complete;

1x 10 Man Deathwing Terminator Squad

=> 480pts - 5x additional Terminators, 2x Assault Cannon

=> 480pts - 5x additional Terminators, 2x Assault Cannon

=> 480pts - 5x additional Terminators, 2x Assault Cannon gallery_48988_9534_22540.jpg

for a total of 1,440pts from Codex: Dark Angels by August 1st. Success will bring glory to the 1st Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame til years end.

Now I realise this leaves me 630pts short of my Blood Oath, I'm not sure there's any thing I can do about that, but I'll have a scounge around anyway....

Cheers,

Jono

Incredible guys, truly inspiring.

I find myself shamed to see all your success, and truly beautiful work at that.

I started my first vow when I realized I was playing a lot with my da but having no motivation to paint it. This thread got me going finally completing my first finished termie squad even though I wasn't that happy with it.

Now I find I might have gotten over my head. I paint slow and probably took too much on, vowing two squads for a third vow.

I am painting every spare moment, so I really believe I can finish. Just to clarify. Bases don't have to be complete, correct?

Great stuff Jono - and I sure hope to complete the second (ambitious vow) until Friday because if not, failing the blood vow will be the least of your concerns. devil.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I MrBill answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete

Ravenwing Command Squad, +2 bikes, Apothecary, Champion, Ravenwing Grenade Launcher with Ravenwing Company Banner (250 points)

and Sammael on Corvex (200 points)

http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff131/mrbill2u/bloodoath_zpsad7478f8.jpg

from Codex:Dark Angels of total value 450 in accordance with my blood oath on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Dark Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end

I Ancient Cerroneth, Venerable Dreadnought of painting, declare the completion of my fifth vow.

gallery_68827_9446_189063.jpg

And a better view of the claw.

gallery_68827_9446_52471.jpg

gallery_68827_9446_56471.jpg.

Now that this is done, time to swap the claw arm for the chain-sword arm on my previous Knight.

I though about doing another vow, but two things kept me from doing so, first, that I have already done 5 vows, and second, that if I did, Captain Semper would spontaneously develop the power to smack people through the internet, and no one wants that.

Archived