+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Wolf Guard of more than 5 models can take one of the following 

- replace storm bolter with Heavy Flamer

- replace storm bolter with Assault Cannon

- Take Cyclone Missile launcher

So I'll have to stick with combi flamer, or put the cylcone missile launcher on someone else if I still want the Heavy flamer. Maybe the combi melta and axe guy.

I, Kasper Hawser, have fulfilled my first oath! Sadly I made a slight miscalculation, should have been 453 instead of 455 points which I hope Captain Semper will forgive me.

The first! Arjac Rockfist himself!

med_gallery_74211_9632_1700553.jpg

Second: Wolf Guard Terminator armed with Storm Shield and Power Axe

med_gallery_74211_9632_319475.jpg

Third, Wolf Guard terminator armed with Storm shield and CHAINFIST!

med_gallery_74211_9632_32889.jpg

Fourth, Wolf Guard Terminator with double wolf claws

med_gallery_74211_9632_819166.jpg

Fifth, Wolf Guard Terminator with Power Axe and combi melta

med_gallery_74211_9632_1219098.jpg

And finally, Wolf Guard Terminator with Combi flamer, power sword, and Cyclone Missile Launcher!

med_gallery_74211_9632_670678.jpg

med_gallery_74211_9632_533381.jpg

med_gallery_74211_9632_105462.jpg

med_gallery_74211_9632_370574.jpg

And with this first vow complete, I hereby pledge to complete the greatest and oldest warrior in the Imperium, Bjorn The Fell Handed Dreadnought, before 1st August. Doing so will win great honour for my pack and my chapter, while failing will force me to serve ale and mjord to my brothers while taking a vow of abstinence for a decade, as a mark of my shame. :)

Nice looking wolves the Kasper!! Just remember that a combi weapon is a bolt gun and a one shot special weapon, and not a combi bolter!! ;)

For my vow I have the Fen Wolves finished and Fangir is close. Then it's on to Canis himself...

End of Line

Niiice! Well done Kasper! I like the poses! Are you using washes for the metallic parts? It gives more depth to the mini! And drilling the weapons adds a lot to the final result! Or just painting the barrels black :)

My progress so far:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/292170-soes-space-wolves-for-etl-iii/?p=3724855

Two half finished models (Iron Priest, Lone Wolf) and three HQ to go. Will see what I can do during this weekend :) I m hoping I can finish the first two.

Cheers!

Thank you all for your positive feedback. Yeah, I need to get a drill sooner or later to give my weapon barrels some holes.

Yes, I am aware combi weapons are one shot items, after which the become rapid fire bolters. Although in the case of CSM, combi bolter actually means a twin linked bolter because apparently, they never learnt how to make storm bolters.

For my painting, truth be told, my secret is just VERY Liberal amounts of null oil black wash after my painting all main colors and minor colors. I am a bit lazy to do highlighting but in my mind, SW are a gritty dirty army anyway, not a spit and polish army like the Ultramarines. After all, if the weapon or armour works, why care if it's ugly or smelly? Lol.

Tip for all: storm bolters make very handy platforms for conversion to combi weapons

Wolf Guard of more than 5 models can take one of the following 

- replace storm bolter with Heavy Flamer

- replace storm bolter with Assault Cannon

- Take Cyclone Missile launcher

So I'll have to stick with combi flamer, or put the cylcone missile launcher on someone else if I still want the Heavy flamer. Maybe the combi melta and axe guy.

"For every 5 models in the sqaud, one Wolf Guard model in Terminator armour may choose one of the following:

replace Storm bolter with a heavy flamer.......... 

replace Storm bolter with an assault cannon......

take a cyclone missile launcher....."

codex page 86.

Its not to big of deal but if you like the look you should know you could do.I also made an assault cannon and CML termie and have played him in a few games and no one said it was an illiegal build

Well Kasper is certainly driving the faction forward! Well done on your completion and I have added your second vow too - Bjorn for 270pts!

Congrats and good luck!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Current progress on my Bjorn. I've got a rough idea on how to adorn his chassis, but for the banner, I either have to use the Grey Hunter pack, or use the one from the Space Marine command squad and paint something on it. Problem is, I can't paint small pictures and details very well, and also the Space Marine banner looks far too new and clean for Bjorn. According to Emperor's Gift, his banner is tattered, with the picture of a lone space wolf warrior with one hand red claw, above a small hill of helmets of Word Bearers, World Eaters and Thousand Sons.

med_gallery_74211_9746_974692.jpg

med_gallery_74211_9746_83368.jpg

med_gallery_74211_9746_879979.jpg

One good idea I got: use the Wolf Guard Storm shields as the knee pads. Damn, do they look awesome if I may say so myself.

Hopefully will have this done by Sunday night.

Kasper I have sent you a pm and uploaded the banner to my gallery, you should be able to get it from there. If that doesn't work I can email it to you.

bjorns ancient banner

I Mactire of the Sixth Legion vow to complete before the 1st of August

Wolf Lord Erik Morkai ----- 100pts

TDA ----- 40pts

Twin chainfists ----- 40pts

Wolftooth necklace ----- 10pts

2 x Wolftail talismans ----- 10pts

His twin brother

Rune Priest Irnist the Wise ---- 100pts

Runic Armour --- 20pts

2 x Wolftail talismans --- 10pts

And 5 x Fenrisian Wolves --- 40pts

For a total of 370pts.

Before pics,

med_gallery_61271_9574_846693.jpg

med_gallery_61271_9574_6574.jpg

med_gallery_61271_9574_398153.jpg

med_gallery_61271_9574_229585.jpg

Really nice work Mactire.  Loving the breacher squad shields.

Not too much progress, but yo wouldn't believe how much hassle these shields are to do. But I am inching ever closer to getting this blasted first vow done!!

Got the backs of 10 of them done, tried to make them look like real wood, what do you think?

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/P1000768.jpg

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/P1000769.jpg

And 8 shield fronts done, 2 more to go.... The odd shield out is for the Lord, just to make him stand out. A bit of weathering to do... Can Rune Priest Sven spot his shield?

http://i1206.photobucket.com/albums/bb456/dantay_xv/P1000770.jpg

C&C always welcome..

I also made an assault cannon and CML termie and have played him in a few games and no one said it was an illiegal build

Arez, it isn't allowed, but regardless it is a really, really, bad idea, because if both of your Terminator Heavy Weapons (in this case CML and Assault Cannon) are on the same model, then you have to chose which one you're going to fire in a given Shooting phase.  This means that the other weapon is doing nothing, and being wasted.  If you put them on separate models then they both get to fire every turn.

Kaspar, the same goes with your Combi-Weapon and CML combination on the same model.  You don't get to shoot both at the same time, so you, too, are wasting your potential.  Put the combo-flamer on another model in the unit, and keep your CML model with his stock Storm Bolter, which you can fire at the same time.

Sorry for going a bit off-topic for the ETL thread, but folks ought to get some feedback on whether what they're planning to paint is at least a halfway decent selection.

Best,

V

Mactire, ur models are awesome! Although from the lighting of your camera the armour looks kind of bluish, almost like the Ultramarines. Where did you get those awesome square shaped shields that look somewhat like riot shields?

@valerian - combi flamer and cml combination is for meeting different threats. If I drop on enemy armour, of course I use cml instead of combi flamer. If I drop near horde, I use combi flamer to thin out threat before charge.

Also I can put him with Long fangs where he can use his cml. if somebody deep strikes or outflank nearby, the the combi flamer comes into play.

@ Mactire: WELL DONE mate! A great addition to the ETL, the Titanas Belli and your own force! :tu: Your completion and your follow-up are registered. As regards the two Wolf Tail talismans per Character, that's an interesting point... Expert opinions are welcome! :)

@ Valerian: Your input is totally within the spirit of the ETL and your comments are very welcome... You should see what's going on in the Chaos thread! :o

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Why can't u fire CML and bolter at same time, but u can with storm bolter and CML? In any case, the model is done and I can't change it now. If nothing else, just use the CML and nothing else. Cheap 5 point throwaway weapon with high chance of making its points back.

Wolf Lord Erik Morkai

2 x Wolftail talismans ----- 10pts

His twin brother

2 x Wolftail talismans --- 10pts

Since when are we allowed to take dubble talisman on a single model?

Whoops, Capt you can knock 10pts off my total make it 360pts. I think I read that wrong, good spot Sven

Dantay - love the shields, the Celtic artwork is fantastic.

Thanks Kasper, think Its either the light or the tablet camera (new, not that used to it) but the colour is the Fang, no hignlightstongue.png . The shields are FW boarding set, six to a set, three sets for two nine man packs.

Archived