+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Space Wolves Strategium+++

Captain Semper

Good to see more Wolves leaving the safety of the Fang and put their (considerable) weight behind the ETL! smile.png

@ Fytharin: Make them suitably impressive and I'm happy for you to get the points. I'll leave your vow as is (including the extra 100pts). msn-wink.gif

@ MaveriK: Good to see you picking up your stormbolter again in this ETL! thumbsup.gif Arjak will go for 170 points unless you paint a squad to which he's an upgrade. I have a relevant part in the FAQ section which I'm quoting here:

Q: Can Characters who are squad upgrades for units become legal entries in their own right?
A: Yes they can. However they are only worth the “upgrade” points i.e. do not add the points of the miniature they replace when used in a squad. This of course is waived if you do paint an entire squad with the special Character upgrade in which case normal rules apply!

Which is a nice nudge for you to paint some Wolf Guard - and possibly join the Titanas Bellum as well with the same vow? msn-wink.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Not too sure how this goes, but here is my vow

I, Kasper Hawser of the Rout hereby vow to complete 5 Wolf Guard Terminators and Arjac Rockfist by 1st August 2014. These mighty chosen and proven warriors of the rout as leaders of all my Grey Hunter packs. One of these will also accompany the old Long Fangs for some long distance Cyclone missile launcher mayhem. For the rest, I am still not sure on how my playing style is for Wolves, but most likely a mix of axe and cyclone armed termies. Bear with me, I'll fix the actual composition of the Terminators later.

This being said, I currently only have a total of 16 Grey Hunters painted. Therefore I will need at least 14 more Grey Hunters to have six squads of five each to be led by a Wolf Guard Termi, including the Rockfist himself. Not part of the pledge, but I will also try to get the 14 Grey Hunters out by August. If not, then the Wolf Guard will not be joining the Grey Hunters, but will travel in a mighty Land Raider Crusader, which I will aim to complete by END of August 2014.</p>

Good luck to all in fulfilling their pledges. Hope I'm doing this pledge right

Edited 5 hours later:

Arjac Rockfist 

Wolf Guard Terminator 1 with power axe and combi melta
Wolf Guard Terminator 2 with Storm Shield and Chain Fist
Wolf Guard Terminator 3 with Storm shield and power axe
Wolf Guard Terminator 4 with double wolf claws
Wolf Guard Terminator 5 with Combi Flamerm power sword and Cyclone Missile launcher (intended to accompany Long Fangs for some missile launching havoc. Combi Flamer is for pesky outflankers.
Total points: 455

This I do declare for the glory of the rout and the devastation of the enemies of mankind.

<p> </p>

Welcome to the ETL Ser Hawser - this is your hour five alarm! biggrin.png

That's a great vow but you need to calculate the total points of your squad - that depends on the load-out of the WG Termies. Once you've given me a grand total I can add your vow in the front page! msn-wink.gif

@ Rune Pirest Sven: Thanks for the heads-up and congratulations! I sure hope your sister allows you access to her computer soon so your completion can mae it in the weekly report coming in next Thursday!

I Rune Priest Sven answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf from The Space Wolf codex of total value of 185 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal joy to The Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

detailed loadout:

wolf lord

thunderwolf mount

Chainsword

storm shield

wolf tooth necklace

WIP: http://www.bolterand...ne-priest-sven/

-rps

I, The Great Smasher of Cats, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete the venerable Bjorn the Fell-Handed, and Logan Grimnar from The Space Wolf codex of total value of 545  points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal joy to The Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I will put a WIP pic in a gallery to confirm that it has only been primed.

Updated to this point guys - and remember: All of you that you plan to paint WG Termies or Characters in Runic or Artificer armour can join the Titanas Bellum!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Whats this Artificer armor you speak of? no Wolves wear Artificer armor :P :)

Away from codex at the moment, but I know Logan is more than 250 points. 275 points, I think, but best to check your own codex rather than rely on a ditz like me.

EDIT: Oh, you wanted to add on to your first vow. why not just do him as your second vow when you make that? You have five vows, after all.

Rats, turned out that all the stores I usually visit have run out of Wolf Guard terminators. Luckily I bought Arjac Rockfist earlier on. may as well start on it.

Sadly I discovered that the hammer the finecast had really sucked, so I swapped it for the awesome one from the Grey Hunter box. Doesn't change that the arm is holding at a very odd angle, but at least he has a hammer worthy of throwing now. :) LOL, 6" range railgun.

I Rune Priest Sven hereby declare my second vow complete, the pictures are in my WIP threat.

and 

I Rune Priest Sven answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf from The Space Wolf codex of total value of 180 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal joy to The Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

detailed loadout: 
wolf lord 
thunderwolf mount 
Chainsword
storm shield

wolf tail talisman

-rps

I Rune Priest Sven hereby declare my second vow complete, the pictures are in my WIP threat.

-rps

remember theres a 5 vow limit

and 

I Rune Priest Sven answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete a Wolf Lord on Thunderwolf from The Space Wolf codex of total value of 180 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal joy to The Vlka Fenryka and failure will doom me bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

detailed loadout: 

wolf lord 

thunderwolf mount 

Chainsword

storm shield

wolf tail talisman

-rps

Chainsword?  You sure that isn't a Frost Blade?  And, isn't he wearing Runic Armour (which means you can also apply him to the Titanus Belli competition)?

V

Away from codex at the moment, but I know Logan is more than 250 points. 275 points, I think, but best to check your own codex rather than rely on a ditz like me.

EDIT: Oh, you wanted to add on to your first vow. why not just do him as your second vow when you make that? You have five vows, after all.

You are right about the points cost. 275 (i will edit the original post)

I wanted to add Grimnar because I am painting them at the same time. As I roll through the colours, painting a couple units at a time prevents me from touching wet paints on the model, and helps me be efficient with the paint I put on the wet pallete.

OK let's see...

@ Kasper Hawser: Your vow is now in the from page - good luck mate!

@ Cat Smasher: Your vow is amended for 520pts in total. Please edit your original vow to reflect this.

@ Sven: Wow! Third vow already! I think you can teach the Templars a thing or two about zeal! laugh.png Good luck!

AS THE FIRST UPDATE APPROACHES, PLEASE CHECK THE FIRST PAGE TO MAKE SURE YOUR STATUS IS CORRECTLY REPRESENTED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU SEE ANY DESCREPANCIES.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

They used to call you Greenhorn and a Blood Claw if I recall... msn-wink.gif

I'll most likely never leave the claws,and why do you think i would be a Hunter or Guard?

What do you mean used to? He'll always be Greenhorn ;)

I'll most likely never leave the claws,and why do you think i would be a Hunter or Guard?

What do you mean used to? He'll always be Greenhorn msn-wink.gif

wow talk about being slow.that was 2 or 3 pages ago.is that what chaos does to someone, make em slow? :P

What do you mean used to? He'll always be Greenhorn msn-wink.gif
wow talk about being slow.that was 2 or 3 pages ago.is that what chaos does to someone, make em slow? :P

Time flows differently and I couldn't really let that one go could I ;)

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2014_Poster_V6.jpg

Important note:
FROM THIS POINT ONWARDS THE BLACK TEMPLARS ARE A FACTION IN THEIR OWN RIGHT. THE REST OF THE ANGELS OF DEATH SUB-FORUMS WILL CONTINUE TO BE CALLED THE ANGELS OF DEATH AND THEY TOO WILL BECOME A FACTION IN THEIR OWN RIGHT.

For more details follow the link above.

Archived