+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

<p>I'm going to be pledging more than the rest of these first vows combined. Just need a question answered by our beloved leader, and a bit of time to finish off my spreadsheet. 10k is the start for this etl (setting myself up for failure for the next one? Yes, but future Steve can worry about that)</p>

I'm going to be pledging more than the rest of these first vows combines. Just need a question answered by our beloved leader, and a bit of time to finish off my spreadsheet. 10k is the start for this etl (setting myself up for failure for the next one? Yes, but future Steve can worry about that)

I take it you're after Arizonajirt's title then? laugh.png

Good luck in any case! happy.png

I'm going to be pledging more than the rest of these first vows combines. Just need a question answered by our beloved leader, and a bit of time to finish off my spreadsheet. 10k is the start for this etl (setting myself up for failure for the next one? Yes, but future Steve can worry about that)

good luck steve. 

If he wants the single-vow title, he'll need over 11000 in the first vow: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290382-e-tenebrae-lux-iii-angels-of-death-strategium/?p=3669218

Kilofix answers the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vows to complete the following:

See WIP thread:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290424-kilofixs-etl-iii-wip/

From Codex: Chaos Space Marines (3745 pts)

• 5 Grey Knight Terminators - counts as - 5 Chaos Terminators (+1 Assault Cannon)
  • 5 Grey Knight Terminators - counts as - 5 Chaos Terminators (+1 Assault Cannon)
  • 5 Grey Knight Terminators - counts as - 5 Chaos Terminators (no upgrades)
  • 5 Grey Knight Strikes - counts as - 5 Chaos Chosen (Champ: Combi-Bolter & Power Weapon, Rest: +3 Power Weapon & +1 Plasma Gun)
  • 5 Grey Knight Strikes - counts as - 5 Chaos Chosen (Champ: Combi-Bolter & Power Weapon, Rest: +3 Power Weapon & +1 Flamer)
  • 5 Grey Knight Strikes - counts as - 5 Chaos Chosen (Champ: Combi-Bolter & Power Weapon, Rest: +2 Power Weapon & +2 Plasma Gun)
  • 5 Grey Knight Strikes - counts as - 5 Chaos Chosen (Champ: Combi-Bolter & Power Weapon, Rest: +2 Power Weapon & +2 Plasma Gun)
  • 5 Space Marine Scouts - counts as - 5 Chaos Marines (+1 Plasma Gun)
  • 3 Space Marine Centurions - counts as - 3 Chaos Obliterators (no upgrades)
  • 1 Grey Knight Ordo, 4 Grey Knight Assassins - counts as - 5 Chaos Havocs (+4 Plasma Gun)
  • 2 Space Marine Techmarines - counts as - 2 Chaos Warpsmiths (no upgrades)
  • 1 Space Marine Terminator Librarian - counts as - 1 Chaos Sorceror (+Terminator Armor)
  • 1 Space Marine Captain, 1 Grey Knight Castellan Crowe, 1 Inquisitor Corteaz - counts as - 3 Chaos Lords (no upgrades)
  • 2 Inquisitor Ordo Malleus Terminators - counts as - 2 Chaos Lords (+Terminator Armor)
  • 2 Grey Knight Nemesis Dreadknights, 1 Grey Knight Dreadnought, 1 Space Marine Contemptor, 1 Mechanicus Castellax, 1 Inquisitor Kamarov - counts as - 6 Chaos Hellbrutes (no upgrades)
  • 1 Grey Knight Storm Raven - counts as - 1 Chaos Heldrake (no upgrades)
  • 1 Inquisitor Land Raider - counts as - 1 Chaos Land Raider (+1 Combi-Melta)
  • 2 Chimeras, 1 Land Speeder - counts as - 3 Chaos Rhinos (+3 Combi-Bolters)

From IA5: Renegades & Heretics (370 pts)

• 5 Inquisitor Acolytes - counts as - 5 Disciples of Xaphan (+2 Melta & +1 Flamer)
  • 5 Inquisitor Acolytes - counts as - 5 Disciples of Xaphan (+2 Melta & +1 Flamer)
  • 5 Inquisitor Acolytes - counts as - 5 Disciples of Xaphan (+1 Melta & +1 Flamer)
  • 5 Inquisitor Acolytes - counts as - 5 Disciples of Xaphan (+1 Melta & +1 Flamer)
  • 6 Inquisitor Crusaders, 6 Inquisitor Psykers, 4 Inquisitor Jokaero, 8 Inquisitor Servitors, 2 Inquisitor Priests - counts as - a Militia Platoon; 5 Militia Command Squad, 10 Militia Squad, 10 Militia Squad (no upgrades)

....for a total value of 4115 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Chaos Undivided and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Before photo (see more detailed photos in WIP thread):

14076893484_e1db88c0c3_b.jpg

Edit - added link to WIP thread and 'before' photo.

Completed.

See WIP link for more photos / detail.

14146104852_682512d2cf_z.jpg

13962288207_6c36ff3896_z.jpg

14146114612_6f7185eb10_z.jpg

Should I edit the original vow thread to put the 'before' and 'after' photo or add a new reply?

Also, while I also plan on doing another 50+ HH models and a few big Chaos LoDs, there's no way I think I'll even be close to 10K. That's way impressive.

Should I edit the original vow thread to put the 'before' and 'after' photo or add a new reply?

Also, while I also plan on doing another 50+ HH models and a few big Chaos LoDs, there's no way I think I'll even be close to 10K. That's way impressive.

'Jirt is nothing if not determined! happy.png I do think that the model that will take the longest is the Titan. I'm wondering whether he's going to do that first (and then allocate the remaining time over the rest), or last. Out of his list, the Titan will make it or break it.

Of course, whilst these Mega Vows are awesome to behold, the negative is - if they aren't complete, the points are lost, regardless of what has been vowed before. I think many vows ranging from 100 - 1500 points will win the day.

For Chaos, For the Pantheon, for the Undivided Path! happy.png

I, greg0985, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines and Codex: Chaos Daemons:

Be'Lakor

21 Plague Marines

-----3 champion Powerfists, 2 Champion Plasma pistols, 3 Plasma guns, 3 Meltaguns, & 1 Plague Rhino

8 Khorne Berzerkers

-----Champion Powerfist/Lightning claw, Icon of Wrath, & Rhino w/ Destroyer Blades, Dirge Caster, & Combi-flamer

3 Nurgle Obliterators

Daemon Prince of Tzeentch

-----Lesser Reward Staff (actually modeled on too), Flight, & Armour

2 Heralds of Tzeentch on Discs

2 Heralds of Khorne on Juggernauts (modeled with Beasts of Chaos Minotaurs)

Karanak

&

Herald of Slaanesh

of total value 2324 points on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to the Legions of Chaos while failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end. 

EDIT:  When and where should i post the before pics?

If he wants the single-vow title, he'll need over 11000 in the first vow: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/290382-e-tenebrae-lux-iii-angels-of-death-strategium/?p=3669218

Wow.

I Guts, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines - 3x 5 man Noise Marine Squads- Power Sword, Blastmaster; Chaos Lord- Power Fist, Lightning Claw, Mark of Slaanesh, Sigil of Corruption, Chaos Bike, and from Codex: Chaos Daemons - 1x Slaanesh Soul Grinder - MoS,Baleful Torrent; for a total value of 755 Points on or before August 1st, 2014. Success shall bring Great pleasure and eternal glory to The Symphony of Pain and our Dark Prince.

I Dragonlover, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines -  a squad of 15 Chaos Space Marines with 2 Plasma Guns, 4 Close Combat Weapons, 1 Combi-Plasma and and 1 Power Sword for a total value of 268 Points on or before August 1st, 2014. Success shall bring glory to Alpharius, while failure will see me consigned to oblivion. Hydra Dominatus!

So yeah, keeping it small for the moment. I figure I've got the luxury of five vows, may as well use them.

Dragonlover

Also, while I also plan on doing another 50+ HH models and a few big Chaos LoDs, there's no way I think I'll even be close to 10K. That's way impressive.

'Jirt is nothing if not determined! happy.png I do think that the model that will take the longest is the Titan. I'm wondering whether he's going to do that first (and then allocate the remaining time over the rest), or last. Out of his list, the Titan will make it or break it.

Of course, whilst these Mega Vows are awesome to behold, the negative is - if they aren't complete, the points are lost, regardless of what has been vowed before. I think many vows ranging from 100 - 1500 points will win the day.

For Chaos, For the Pantheon, for the Undivided Path! happy.png

Actually, I've noticed historically that it's the group that can round up a dozen 3k point vows that pull a win. That said, we are looking good.

10000 points? What the hell are you vowing, a Reaver maniple?

I'll second Slave here, good luck!

Dragonlover

If someone actually bid (and completed!) an entire Reaver maniple, I'd sell my kidney and give them half the money.  Because they're going to need it!

I have loyalist marine models I'm painting in Alpha legion colours.

Is this acceptable for entry to the chaos ETL Semper? Seems like yes. If it ain't let me know and I will bow out.

Yogi here, I vow the following...

Khârn -160

Chaos Lord (Alpharius) - 105
Terminator armour

Chaos Lord (Alpharius) -100
Bike
Power Weapon

10 Marines -185
melta
Rhino

10 Marines -180
flamer
Rhino

9 Marines -152
Champ with Fist

Land Raider -230

Helbute (Dreadnought) -105

Helbrute (Dreadnought) -105

10 Raptors -205
Champ with fist

Vindicator -130
Siege Shield

8 Havocs - 174
4 Missile Launchers

9 Terminators -340
Heavy Flamer
7 Fists

2066pts ... for the Alpha legion. Hydra Dominatus.

I'm pretty confident I can manage this in the time period. 

I TJWyrm answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 5 Chaos Spawn and 5 Terminators from Codex:Chaos Space Marines of
total value of 379 points on or before August 1st.
Success will bring eternal glory to The Gilded Horde and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end, and the disappointment of My Dark Mistress Slaanesh until the end of time.

Vow:
5 Chaos Spawn : 150 points

5 Chaos Terminators: HvFlamer, Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, 1 Chainfist, Veterans of the Long War :  229 points

Veterans will be represented by my base model being the Horus Hersey Red Butchers.

I, -Max-, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete eight units from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, of total value 1,347 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Iron Hounds and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

I dedicate my vow to Chaos Undivided.

Details:

Daemon Prince

● Power Armour

( 165 points )

WIP / Completed

Chosen

● Chosen Champion { powerfist, combi-melta, melta bombs }

● x9 Chosen { x4 Power Mauls, x1 Meltagun, x1 Icon of Vengeance }

( 370 points )

WIP / Completed

Noise Marines

● Noise Champion { power sword, doom siren }

● x5 Noise Marines { x5 Sonic Blasters }

( 157 points )

WIP / Completed

Maulerfiend

( 125 points )

WIP / Completed

Havocs

● Aspiring Champion

● x4 Havocs { x2 Autocannons, x2 Missile Launchers }

( 125 points )

WIP / Completed

Terminators

● Terminator Champion { power axe, combi-bolter }

● x3 Terminators { x2 power mauls, x1 power sword, x2 combi-melta, x1 Icon of Excess* }

( 176 points* )

WIP / Completed

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour

● Terminator Sorcerer { Burning Brand of Skalathrax, Force Stave }

( 115 points )

WIP / Completed

Chaos Space Marines

● Aspiring Champion

● x7 Chaos Space Marines

( 114 points )

WIP / Completed

* The Terminator squad is not pointed with the Mark of Slaanesh since I am not representing this on the models as a unit, but the Icon of Excess is modeled as a Terminator Apothecary and the 40 points for the IoE by itself is added to the squad for him.

EDIT: Added links and link placeholders for the evidence of progress for each unit, linking to my WIP thread in the PCA forums.

I, Angelus Encarmine, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 1 Ahriman, 1 sorcerer (plasma pistol), 10 plague marines (powerfist, meltabombs, meltagun, plasma gun, icon of despair), and 1 Helbrute (reaper)  from Codex: Chaos Space Marines for a total value 720 points on or before August 1st.

Success will bring eternal glory to The Revenants and the ruinous powers of chaos undivided.  Failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

-AE

Is this acceptable for entry to the chaos ETL Semper? Seems like yes. If it ain't let me know and I will bow out.

Are you trying to go for AL sabotage or are you simply using Loyalist models and bits you've acquired in place of csm?  I personally think its fine, but you may want to kitbash CSM/Chosen in just to be safe/add flavor.

Are you trying to go for AL sabotage or are you simply using Loyalist models and bits you've acquired in place of csm?  I personally think its fine, but you may want to kitbash CSM/Chosen in just to be safe/add flavor.

I mostly just like the loyalist aesthetic lots of flat plates. Just can't really get into any loyalist chapters. I ain't changing nothing about them, they will just have Alpha Legion colour scheme regal blue with white hydras ala FW. All the HQs are chaos models though and 1 squad of marines are chaotic looking but they ride with Khârn. Anyway if thats unacceptable I will bow out no problem.    

I mostly just like the loyalist aesthetic lots of flat plates. Just can't really get into any loyalist chapters. I ain't changing nothing about them, they will just have Alpha Legion colour scheme regal blue with white hydras ala FW. All the HQs are chaos models though and 1 squad of marines are chaotic looking but they ride with Khârn. Anyway if thats unacceptable I will bow out no problem.    

I don't see why not.  I'm partial to beak heads, but I don't feel like decapitating every plague marine I own to fit them. 

Archived