+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I, the one and only Drii_Jokker, answer the glorious call of E Tenebrae Lux III, pledging to complete my initial vow of 30 cultists from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, and 30 bloodletters from Codex: Chaos Daemons to the total value of 583 points. May my success upon completing this vow bring glory to the great keeper of skulls and blood god Khorne. And should I fail, I shall don the badge of shame for a full year and be cast aside by the great Khorne forever more. 

My vow includes:

3 squads of 10 Cultists

-16 autoguns

-1 heavy stubber

-1 flamer

-1 shotgun

3 squads of 10 Bloodletters

-3 Bloodreapers

-3 Banner of blood upgraded icons of chaos

-3 Instruments of chaos

I will also state right now that my "before" picture will show 60 already painted models, but I will include in my vow completion more photos of the models to show the process of fully repainting all of them. I hope that the over looker of this forum will still allow my participation in this glorious event and accepts my apologies where they are due. 

Drii_Jokker

In any of our options do we have access to Stormlords or variants?

Yes. Siege of Vraks vol3 or the Badab War Tyrants army list.

I read the new rules, but I 'm confused about how the vows are restricted. Do you have to stick to a single army list, or can you pledge units from any army list if they are from the same faction? For instance, can I do normal CSM pledges with a Storm Sword from Badab War since they're both Realm of Chaos? Or do I have to choose between Badab War or C:CSM for the entire ETL?

Apologies if this has already been asked, but I'm at work on my phone and it's hard to search through all the ETL posts...

You think you are confused? hahaha!!! I'm so confused I can't believe it! :lol:

Anyways, let's see... You can pledge anything from the lists allocated to your faction. I toyed with the idea of restricting it to only one list but it's futile. So now if a unit is from any of the lists allowed for Chaos it's a legit entry... 

So go crazy! :P

Should I edit the original vow thread to put the 'before' and 'after' photo or add a new reply?

Also, while I also plan on doing another 50+ HH models and a few big Chaos LoDs, there's no way I think I'll even be close to 10K. That's way impressive.

Easiest way to do this is to include it in the vow post - since it's linked in the first page. 

I have loyalist marine models I'm painting in Alpha legion colours.

Is this acceptable for entry to the chaos ETL Semper? Seems like yes. If it ain't let me know and I will bow out.

Damn right they are acceptable. And being Alpha Legion it's borderline compulsory! biggrin.png

Is this acceptable for entry to the chaos ETL Semper? Seems like yes. If it ain't let me know and I will bow out.

Damn right they are acceptable. And being Alpha Legion it's borderline compulsory! biggrin.png

Could paint almost any imperial model in normal colours and call it Alpha Legion ;)

Could paint almost any imperial model in normal colours and call it Alpha Legion msn-wink.gif

Good point! biggrin.png I think Alpha Legion may win this one single handedly!

Also I'd like to welcome Drii Joker to the ETL and the B&C! Drii is the only one so far to have dedicated his vow to Khorne... SERIOUSLY? The ONLY one? no.gif

Anyways, fantastic start team Chaos - you have in excess of 20k points pledged already! This is an astounding performance - you are in a great shape this year!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Could paint almost any imperial model in normal colours and call it Alpha Legion msn-wink.gif

Also I'd like to welcome Drii Joker to the ETL and the B&C! Drii is the only one so far to have dedicated his vow to Khorne... SERIOUSLY? The ONLY one? no.gif

Anyways, fantastic start team Chaos - you have in excess of 20k points pledged already! This is an astounding performance - you are in a great shape this year!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

You mean nothing from Krautscientist!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Many thanks Semper. And it looks like I will have to compensate until the Khornate forces hear the call!

I Maggot Thrasher answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 8 plague marines, 1 heldrake and 10 plaguebearers from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, Codex: Chaos Daemons of total value of 522 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Nurgle Father of Plagues and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Long time lurker here, finally made an account so I could participate in ETL III! Looking forward to having some motivation to paint. Let's crush the loyalists!

I Maggot Thrasher answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 8 plague marines, 1 heldrake and 10 plaguebearers from Codex: Chaos Space Marines, Codex: Chaos Daemons of total value of 522 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Nurgle Father of Plagues and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Long time lurker here, finally made an account so I could participate in ETL III! Looking forward to having some motivation to paint. Let's crush the loyalists!

Nice! happy.png

Welcome to everyone who has made a vow, large or small. Every point counts!

I, Daemonclaw, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines : the lord mr luva luva lucius the eternal ,5 sonic badboys with their harmonic discordia one helbrute with heavy bolter and six slaaneshy noise marines with bolt pistols and ccw pointybits total 497points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to SLAANESH and failure will doom me bathe with grandaddy nurgle and clean his toenails and to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.
heres the helbrute to starthttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN9977_zps5bd9d60c.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN9976_zps3925ad66.jpg
plus three of the sonics 2 others got to get sorted as bad moulds
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/2014-04-25134409_zpseda2a707.jpg
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN9987_zpsf6eddccd.jpg
and i got rained off work today so yay paint time

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0026_zpsd68e6b55.jpghttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN0027_zps3fef7671.jpg

Glad to be back (and actually be in the competition this time!). Starting strong, here’s my first vow:

I B E N answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete:         

Abaddon the Despoiler

Codex: CSM Daemon Prince

-Daemon of Khorne

-Power Armour

-Wings

-Axe of Blind Fury

Land Raider

-Dirge Caster

Land Raider

-Dirge Caster

Bloodthirster

from Codex: Chaos Daemons and Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value of 1240 on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Black Legion and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

(I play mono-Khorne, but I'm gonna be painting a couple sorcerers for fun, so I'm not sure if you want to put me under undivided or Khorne - either is fine with me)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/DSC00807_zpsfe3deb99.jpg)

Uprising got it right...

You cannot split a vow between gods but there is no restriction in what the content of the vow actually is... So you can vow Bloodletters for Nurgle if you like... It's not Chaos unless it's total Chaos!!! :D

You are now! biggrin.png

sorry about that - if it's any consolation you were in my spreadsheet all along... don't know why it did not translate in the list. Suffice to say the servitor responsible is already recycled...

Ok, first pic for my vow:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/IMG_0013.jpg

15 Alpha Legionnaires with various weaponry. Time to go hunt my project log down.

Dragonlover

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

So what you are saying is that all models vowed from all forums are secretly Alpha Legion and thus also count towards the Chaos total msn-wink.gif.

@uprising and captain: ah excellent, thanks for clearing that up for me. I'd like to make my vow to Khorne then, please

@ B E N: Done! :)

Now as the first day draws to a close I can tell you that Chaos has done a fantastic start! You are second after AoD in both number of participants and total points pledged! :woot:

However you need to keep pace, cause the other forums are close behind and, well... we're just 24hrs in the game! 

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

@ B E N: Done! smile.png

Now as the first day draws to a close I can tell you that Chaos has done a fantastic start! You are second after AoD in both number of participants and total points pledged! woot.gif

However you need to keep pace, cause the other forums are close behind and, well... we're just 24hrs in the game!

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

But we only have one Black Legion. AoD have 3 black chapters, a white one, and one blue. All of which GW make spray paints for. Easy base coating whistlingW.gif

Archived