+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I asked about a Sigismund the Despoiler conversion for my Dornian Heresy Imperial Fists and they were not that pleased at the HERESY of a Chaos version of their beloved Emperor's Champion.

Also completed my first models for this challenge.  I will not be posting too many updates here as that is what my General Works In Progress is for, but on occasion group photos may pop up here.  I will never get the hazard chevrons looking good...

http://s2.postimg.org/n6k30kjqx/Iron_Warriors_01.jpg

I, Faelchu, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Daemons: one Daemon Prince Be'Lakor, two squads of 10 member Plaguebearers and one squad of 3 oh-so tasty Nurglings of total value 575 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Grandfather Nurgle and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame and other unspeakable virulent experiences until the year-end.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o315/Duhave/E%20TENEBRAE%20LUX%20III/photo1_zps32ad1dc9.jpg

p.s. I think I tick off the black templars

Try asking about Dornian Heresy versions of Dorn and Sigismund; that really gets their goat!

Explain please.  sounds interesting

BT superfans who can't fathom someone deciding to make an Alternate Heresy setting in which Horus was the good guy and Dorn turned into the Arch Traitor.  It basically reverses the Legion Conflict, with Abbadon becoming the Champion instead of Sig.  It's actually an enjoyable read, but the one I read was from 4chan a while back so I'm not sure if this was the point of origin or a continuation.

Hello everyone! I am a newbie here and looking forward to joining in on the fun of the ETL! I have quick question before I place my vow. I plan on painting up some skinks as my pink horrors. Can I do a "count as" for them?

Hi Namia, welcome to B&C and the ETL!

The problem with skinks is not so much ETL related but more B&C related. The B&C is about 40k and the armies of humanity (loyal and traitor). Daemons are allowed but WHFB minis are not...

So you convert them somehow to represent Horrors and we'll be fine (tentacles come to mind). But use them straight out of the box and there will be a problem as depicting WHFB minis in this board is prohibited. Feel free to PM me to discuss further. smile.png

I daveNYC answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one Emperor's Children Sonic Dread and one Repulsive Grand Cruiser.

Hi daveNYC - nice to see you again! smile.png

Two things: 1) you need to give me some points on the dread - I think you should probably make it a count-as Helbrute... Also BFG ships are most welcome but will be an out-of-competition entry...

Hey Captian, does this count as in the "very early stages of painting"? It's just the one side of the one wing that I've started doing the trim on.

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y441/pointer849/DSC00809_zps370034e7.jpg

Yes it does! thumbsup.gif

Semper, I'd love to do a vow, but there's several FW Chaos units that have been 40k approved in the Imperial Armour Apocalypse book and I want to include them.

Why is the chaos section in *this* book not included in the legal list?

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140503_0021_zps3df0ae67.jpg

TOTALLY LEGAL - go right ahead sir!

BUT:

1. The painted termies are at a too advanced stage to count. Only the unpainted ones will count towards the total points.

2. The Cultists & the Raptors are fine - you can use them as they are really at early stages (if i'm not mistaken)

3. Unfortunately, alternative load-outs do not earn you points. You need to decide on one configuration (usually the most expensive in terms of points) and pledge it.

I have included your vow in the list in the first page but please amend the total points of your vow accordingly. We need to keep the rules uniform across all participants. msn-wink.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Semper, I'd love to do a vow, but there's several FW Chaos units that have been 40k approved in the Imperial Armour Apocalypse book and I want to include them.

Why is the chaos section in *this* book not included in the legal list?

TOTALLY LEGAL - go right ahead sir!

BUT:

1. The painted termies are at a too advanced stage to count. Only the unpainted ones will count towards the total points.

2. The Cultists & the Raptors are fine - you can use them as they are really at early stages (if i'm not mistaken)

3. Unfortunately, alternative load-outs do not earn you points. You need to decide on one configuration (usually the most expensive in terms of points) and pledge it.

I have included your vow in the list in the first page but please amend the total points of your vow accordingly. We need to keep the rules uniform across all participants. msn-wink.gif

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

OK thanks! Replies:

1. Ok, I'll delete one unit of termies and make the unfinished arms ('cause they're all magnetized) with the most points cost into one unit.

2. Thanks, The raptors have about five minutes of work in them and those damn abhuman cultists about 20.

3. Warhounds cost the same points regardless of load out. I'm just including it in my vow so that the damn thing gets finished including the four arms. More effort for the same points! ;-).

I JasoX answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX III and vow to complete the following from the Codex Chaos Space Marines for 537 points if i am not mistaken.

• Maulerfiend with lasher tendrils
  • 20 cultist with flamer and shotgun champion
  • Dark Apostole
  • 3 Bikers
  • Hellbrute with Multimelta and powerfist with heavy flamer

before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to The Thousand Sons and Tzeentch

WP_20140503_001.jpg

All is Dust...

I've come to a conclusion: you know your highlights are in the right place when you can't see them because the light is hitting them. Time to apply more wash. How's the rest of you doing?

Dragonlover

I've come to a conclusion: you know your highlights are in the right place when you can't see them because the light is hitting them. Time to apply more wash. How's the rest of you doing?

Dragonlover

I'ts a bold statement but I think short of my 4 characters (with which I want to spend more time detailing), I'll have my vow done in Week 1 (supposing it ends next Wed).

Dragonlover

I'ts a bold statement but I think short of my 4 characters (with which I want to spend more time detailing), I'll have my vow done in Week 1 (supposing it ends next Wed).

Alright for some. I spent the night trying to fix my laptop! Absolutely livid!!!

Dragonlover

Alright for some. I spent the night trying to fix my laptop! Absolutely livid!!!

That is very unfortunate... is it dead?

Dragonlover

Not totally. Windows keeps freezing for I'm going to have to bit the bullet and do a major restore. The reinstall any programs I lose and bookmarks.

Then, I need to retrieve files from a memory stick which has decided it's not initialized.

Fun times when I should have been busy with toy soldiers and putty.

Dragonlover

Not totally. Windows keeps freezing for I'm going to have to bit the bullet and do a major restore. The reinstall any programs I lose and bookmarks.

Then, I need to retrieve files from a memory stick which has decided it's not initialized.

Hopefully everything works out, you have my regards.  Time to visit a daemon forge? 

I, 200Plus, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines:

one seven man Terminator squad

one five man bike squad

one five man Raptor Squad

one land raider

two ten man marine squads

for a total value of 1279 points before August 1st. All in midnight clad and all for the glory of the Night Lords. Success will bring eternal glory to me alone smile.png and failure is not an option. If I should not complete the vow I will bear the mark of shame for the required penitent period.

Further more, as a vow of shame, if I should fail in my original vow: I will paint and give away (locally) an Ultrasmurf (marines) army of at least 1500 points during my penitent period with updates posted to my WiP thread.

Dragonlover

Hopefully everything works out, you have my regards. Time to visit a daemon forge?

Time to sacrifice some Imperials and get the oils out.

hey all quite a bit of work done on the helbrutehttp://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y30/daemonclaw/DSCN9981_zps0ae773a7.jpg

more pix will be in my wip  thread 

cheers for looking

Archived