+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

I, Steve Shields vow to complete, on or before 1 Aug 2014,
a Massive host of models as detailed below totaling 17086 points for the eternal glory of the
44th Grand Company of the Iron Warriors. There is no option for
failure, it will be done. Iron within, iron without!

Pictures will be up probably in about a week, I want to wait
until everyone is primed and ready to go. I still have to build the blasted tower
on the ToS, and that thing does not want to stay together so I’m pinning every
building piece. PITA!

HQ: (all characters that can take it have SoC modelled by chaossy icons
on them all)

Ahriman

3 Lords on Juggies

Huron Blackheart

Dark Apostle

Warpsmith

4 Sorcerers

2 Lords with Power Weapons

Termi lord with Muder Sword

Termi Sorc with Eye of Night

Termi Sorc

The Changling

Troops

3 Squads of 10 Pink Horros with blasting standard

10 plague bearers with plague standard

Fast

16 Khorne Hounds

6 Screamers

2 Hellblades

15 raptors (PF LC Champ 2 meltas, 10 man squad and a 5 man squad)

2 Hellhounds

Elites

15 Terms (2 Melt, 3 Fist, 2 Chain, 2 Claws, 1 dual claw, 2 reapers)

Decimator with butcher cannon and laser

Heavy Support

3 Triple Plasma Fiends

Land Raider

Predator with Triple Lascannon and havoc Launcher

Vincidcator with Sige Shield

Defiler with Power Scourge

2 Basilisks

Medusa with Enclosed CC

5 LR Executioners (3x Plasma sponson, 5x LC)

3 LR Demolishers (3x LC)

3 LR Vanquisher (3x LC, Pask)

9 LRBT (8x LC, 1x HB Sponsons)

2 Lightnings (Hellstrike Missiles)

2 Thunderbolts (Hellstrike Missiles)

2 Vendetta (Counts as lightnings)

Lords of War

Big Bird (unpronounceable demon lord of Tzeentch)

Tower of Skulls

Brass Scorpion

2 Baneblade

3 Shadow sword

hellhammer

Marauder Destroyer (Hellstrike Missiles)

Welp. That's a lot of stuff.

Do you have a plan for what order you're gonna paint it, or is just gonna be 'Today I feel like painting superheavies!' and away you go on a Baneblade variant?

Dragonlover

I mean I do play chaos.... But no something like this does need a plan. I know something as concrete as a schedule would not work, so it is more of a vary what I am working on so i don't get sick of painting approach. I have enough small and big stuff to more or less alternate. But I am going to start on the Puppies as they will be easy, and I have wanted to get them done for a while now.

@ 200plus: Good luck man, you're in! 

@ steve: I needed electric shocks to regain consciousness... many of them... The doctor said I'll be fine... most probably. 

This is the mother of all vows! Without wanting to spoil the fun, have you guys resolved the legal inclusions of shadowsword, baneblade or hellhammer in Chaos armies? Personally I can't find an official way to include them... But I may have missed something - not the first time either...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Captain, forte is our lawyer. he found a forgeworld pdf that lets them be taken as lord of war for tyrant armies

I deny everything.

And Semper knows what I can be like from ETL1 ;)

@ steve: I needed electric shocks to regain consciousness... many of them... The doctor said I'll be fine... most probably. 

This is the mother of all vows! Without wanting to spoil the fun, have you guys resolved the legal inclusions of shadowsword, baneblade or hellhammer in Chaos armies? Personally I can't find an official way to include them... But I may have missed something - not the first time either...

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Easily resolved as all three Vraks lists have them as Lords of War choices per the Forgeworld escalation update; essentially if Guard get it, so do Renegades and Heretics (all flavors).  Muahahahaha....

we all need to save up and g to warhammer world with our completed ETL vows for a 'challenge the big boys' comp. us vs everyone else. imagine seeng all our forces lined up on a table :D

I come back from work and I see steve shields' vow and, well...

blink.png

Dude! Just...DUDE! laugh.png

Fantastic effort from everyone so far! happy.png I managed to get some of my Helbrute painted, which doesn't sound like a lot considering Arizonjirt has painted around 5k+ in that time, but it's a start. I just hope that the bitz supplier gets restocked soon so I can get the HQ part of my vow ordered, otherwise I'll have to bite the bullet and get the Raptor/Warptalon box for the bitz laugh.png

Welcome to all of the new members/vow'ers! thumbsup.gif

blink.png

Fantastic effort from everyone so far! happy.png I managed to get some of my Helbrute painted, which doesn't sound like a lot considering Arizonjirt has painted around 5k+ in that time, but it's a start. I just hope that the bitz supplier gets restocked soon so I can get the HQ part of my vow ordered, otherwise I'll have to bite the bullet and get the Raptor/Warptalon box for the bitz laugh.png

what bits are you after, I MIGHT be able to help, got a box of them sat on my desk doin nothing atm.

I, Steve Shields vow to complete, on or before 1 Aug 2014,

a Massive host of models as detailed below totaling 17086 points for the eternal glory of the

44th Grand Company of the Iron Warriors.

The Warsmith of the 49th Grand Company salutes the 44th and their worthy ambition. Iron within, iron without!

blink.png

what bits are you after, I MIGHT be able to help, got a box of them sat on my desk doin nothing atm.

He ain't kidding either.

blink.png

He ain't kidding either.

It's okay, I'm just going to get the boxset, as I want a squad of them for my next vow anyway. Once I've got it, I can replace the parts I use. Thanks a lot for the offer though! happy.pngthumbsup.gif

blink.png

He ain't kidding either.

It's okay, I'm just going to get the boxset, as I want a squad of them for my next vow anyway. Once I've got it, I can replace the parts I use. Thanks a lot for the offer though! happy.pngthumbsup.gif

groovy...

funny how forte knows what my room looks like -.-

blink.png

He ain't kidding either.

groovy...

funny how forte knows what my room looks like -.-

Large bits box with windows?

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Easily resolved as all three Vraks lists have them as Lords of War choices per the Forgeworld escalation update; essentially if Guard get it, so do Renegades and Heretics (all flavors).

The above needs like a "Muahahahaha...." at the end of it.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Easily resolved as all three Vraks lists have them as Lords of War choices per the Forgeworld escalation update; essentially if Guard get it, so do Renegades and Heretics (all flavors).

The above needs like a "Muahahahaha...." at the end of it.

Fixed.

well guys, i have finally decided its time i jumped back in to the fray. i was torn between entering for the chaos or the IG sub-forums, but i have decided it would be better for me to enter in to the side that i have the most passion for (i should add in case you don't know i only use the guard dex so i can collect a traitor guard army). i'll add though that my vows will be small due to time constraints over the summer but this will help me focus on individual units and get the most fun out of this. enough dilly-dallying though. 

I, leinmann, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete 2 Chaos Lords, 1 unit of Chaos Space Marines and 1 unit of Possessed from Codex: Chaos Space Marines of total value 717 points on or before 1st August. Success will bring eternal glory to The Siege Makers of Lord Helslash and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until year end. 

Each entry is as follows:

Lord 1 (Helslash) TDA, Combi-melta, Sigil of Corruption, Murder Sword (177pts)

Lord 2 (Rualteth) Mark of Khorne, Axe of Blind Fury, Jump Pack, Sigil of Corruption (145)

Chaos Space Marines, +5 Marines, Plasma Gun, Plasma Pistol, Mark of Khorne, Icon of Wrath, CCWs (replace boltguns), Pair of Lightning Claws, Meltabombs (245 pts)

Possessed Squad Ard'swat, X2 Gifts of Mutations (150 points)

Total = 722 pts. 

if anything is incorrect (ie unable to represent via ETL III rules) please feel free to correct me and i'll adjust accordingly. Good luck everyone. 

Death to the False Emperor, and glory to Chaos. Iron within, Iron without. 

Archived