+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Yeah, I love it. Even though it's quite a challenging one. And I'm not a great painter too.

I plan on using this model :

http://www.warzone.com.ar/_aplicacion/upload/articulo_g_53.jpg

And I don't have any idea how I'm going to paint the trim yet (ideas are welcome smile.png)

Knights of blood aint got time to paint trim. They paint themselves red, then run through a lake of knee high chaos black paint.

Yeah, I love it. Even though it's quite a challenging one. And I'm not a great painter too.

And I don't have any idea how I'm going to paint the trim yet (ideas are welcome smile.png)

Maybe just paint most of the trim the same as the armour. Pick some parts out in Brass, like the Khorne runes. But that scheme doesn't need breaking up with different coloured trim.

Quick question before I declare my vow I'd like to ask a question:

1. This is probably a stupid question but does the vow go in the WIP or elsewhere.

2. Anyone know how to remove varnish/ 'ardcoat.

I'll post my vow later when i get pics of everything after I base coat everything.

@ Vesper: You're in - good luck!

Thought we were ahead?

Well, you are ahead in terms of pledged points. You are not ahead in term of participants but not so far behind. In general I'd say you are in a pretty good place right now.

Quick question before I declare my vow I'd like to ask a question:
1. This is probably a stupid question but does the vow go in the WIP or elsewhere.
2. Anyone know how to remove varnish/ 'ardcoat.

I'll post my vow later when i get pics of everything after I base coat everything.

1. You need to post the starting and finishing pics in this thread. This can be a direct posting or a link to your WIP thread. You can post more pics here if you like but I definetly need the start and the finish pics here. Now if you want to make a separate WIP thread for your project you can do it either in the relevant Chaos forum or in the WIP forum or both! Your call.

2. Never use varnish, so can't help much. I'd assume the same you'd use for paint but don;t take my word for it. If you do not get an answer here try the General PC&A questions forum here: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/forum/5-general-pca-questions/

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

I, Kaela_Mensha, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete from Codex: Chaos Space Marines Khârn the Betrayer, a Sorcerer (Power Armour & Plasma Pistol), 2x 10 man units of Khorne Berzerkers (Champ with power fist in both), 1x 9 man unit of Khorne Berzerkers and a Baledrake of total value 1080 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Blood God Khorne and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

Khârn the Betrayer

gallery_77992_9618_23750.jpg

Sorcerer

gallery_77992_9618_7028.jpg

10 man Khorne Berzerker Squads (w/ power fist)

gallery_77992_9618_68408.jpg

gallery_77992_9618_4567.jpg

9 man Berzerker Squad

gallery_77992_9618_18351.jpg

Heldrake

gallery_77992_9618_2598.jpg

If there is anything wrong please tell me and I'll try and fix it as soon as I can.

Try to pick out some of the runes with Vallejo Liquid Gold Old Gold. Best paint ever. A little more work to do, but great results are yours.

Uhhh, so, during my recent move, my Chaos Marine bits snuck into the trash pile and got tossed in the dumpster. Makes filling my vow, ummmm. . . difficult. Semper, check your PMs.

That shucks man!!!

@Kaela_Mensha

Great vow! Welcome brother!

I Little Lano answers the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vows to complete the following...

From Codex: Chaos Space Marines

1 Chaos Space Marine Sorceror (Using Vampire Counts Cairn Wraith)

5 Chaos Terminators w/ Mark of Khorne, 2 pairs of lightning claws, chain fist, power fist, heavy flames and combi melta. Champion w/ lightning Claw + Power fist.

20 Chaos Cultists w/ Champion w/ Shotgun

(Using Empire Flagellents)

....for a total value of 399 points on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to Khorne and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

It was the only way for me to be able to play Khorne Berzerkers without them being absolutely demolished by mid table :(

It's a project I started to build but due to uni restrictions haven't made much progress with :(

But yea, khorne will be cursing me in shame!!

Eh, I'm all for Khornate sorcerers. Winds me up that they don't exist.

Welcome on board new people!

Dragonlover

Khorne has always had a hatred for magic unless it's in the form of a weapon or armour pretty much. Ever since the days of Realms of Chaos ;)

And yes, welcome to all the new recruits.

Someone could also used to point out the 'silliness' of the Hatred the Imperium has for psykers and mutants that are absolutely necessary to humanity's survival. It's not silly, it's hypocrisy, ignorance, and hatred. These are the foundations of the 41st Millennium and what makes it so spectacular.

It was the only way for me to be able to play Khorne Berzerkers without them being absolutely demolished by mid table sad.png

It's a project I started to build but due to uni restrictions haven't made much progress with sad.png

But yea, khorne will be cursing me in shame!!

Blood priest, it's what I use mine as. That way its fluffy and you can still give them crazy psychic shenanigans.

Great to see more recruits and more vow pledged for Khorne!

@ Liitle lano: Welcome the B&C thumbsup.gif

EDIT: Deus Ex Ferrum has suffered an catastrophic catastrophy with catastrophic results. As such, and taking into account the utter catastrophy he faced, he'll be allowed to remove his vow from the Chaos camp and, following a catastrophic decision, he'll be joining the AoD!

Switching sides is not normally allowed in the ETL but we all need to adjust when faced with a catastrophy.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

Uhhh, so, during my recent move, my Chaos Marine bits snuck into the trash pile and got tossed in the dumpster.  Makes filling my vow, ummmm. . . difficult.  Semper, check your PMs.

I know the feeling.  It :cussing sucks, and I'm still waiting to hear if mine are completely the same.

Question to those who customize the hell out of their heldrakes, how pliable is the head and neck?  I want to straiten the neck out and modify it so I can put a forgefiend Hadesautocannon in place of the head, much similar to an A-10 Warthog.

Uhhh, so, during my recent move, my Chaos Marine bits snuck into the trash pile and got tossed in the dumpster.  Makes filling my vow, ummmm. . . difficult.  Semper, check your PMs.

I know the feeling.  It :cussing sucks, and I'm still waiting to hear if mine are completely the same.

Question to those who customize the hell out of their heldrakes, how pliable is the head and neck?  I want to straiten the neck out and modify it so I can put a forgefiend Hadesautocannon in place of the head, much similar to an A-10 Warthog.

HOW COOL WILL THAT BE!!! :woot: Will you put some turbines in the back too? :yes:

EDIT: Deus Ex Ferrum has suffered an catastrophic catastrophy with catastrophic results. As such, and taking into account the utter catastrophy he faced, he'll be allowed to remove his vow from the Chaos camp and, following a catastrophic decision, he'll be joining the AoD!

Switching sides is not normally allowed in the ETL but we all need to adjust when faced with a catastrophy.

UPDATED TO THIS POINT!

How big were/are the vows?

Archived