+++E Tenebrae Lux III - Realm of Chaos Strategium+++

Uhhh, so, during my recent move, my Chaos Marine bits snuck into the trash pile and got tossed in the dumpster.  Makes filling my vow, ummmm. . . difficult.  Semper, check your PMs.

I know the feeling.  It :cussing sucks, and I'm still waiting to hear if mine are completely the same.

Question to those who customize the hell out of their heldrakes, how pliable is the head and neck?  I want to straiten the neck out and modify it so I can put a forgefiend Hadesautocannon in place of the head, much similar to an A-10 Warthog.

@Deus ex Ferrum it sucks that your Army is gone. But man, going over to the AoD??? Why not make a counts-as vow here with your loyalist marines?

@Incinerator the neck is not pliable at all. I tried, even after holding it in boiling water and all it got me was a broken nek. Your plan might not be possible...! But perhaps you can stick the hades autocannon from the forgefiend straight in the body?!?!?

Bastard GW sculptors.  Yeah, I can try that.  I've seen googling a guy use a Helbrute head in the front-end of the torso in place of the Heldrake neck and head. 

I'm also opting to add or replace some of the wings for the burning Highelf phoenix wings.  I'm not sure how well that'll work.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

Question: I have Traitor Guard built, converted and primed, would I be allowed to possibly enter them here?

Just checked the first post, and provided they can be taken from one of the following books:

* Renegades and Heretics – The Defenders of Vraks from Imperial Armour Volume 5: The Siege of Vraks – Part 1

* Renegades and Heretics – Servants of Slaughter from Imperial Armour Volume 6: The Siege of Vraks – Part 2

* Renegades and Heretics – Servants of Decay from Imperial Armour Volume 7: The Siege of Vraks – Part 3

* The Tyrant’s Legion from Imperial Armour Volume 9: The Badab War – Part 1

Then yes. I can give you Tyrant's Legion points tomorrow, but I don't have any of the Vraks stuff.

Dragonlover

Today I basically finished the build of the Warhound Titan. There's some trophies, magnets and the base left, but the thing itself is ready for priming. I'll start painting the inside today.

More pics (of the entire model) in this post in my WIP thread.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d185/mkruijff/Night%20Lords%20WIP/WP_20140511_004_zps7e5634e5.jpg

@Little Iano: go for it! Totally legal. 

Yeah, sorry guys.  I was actually looking forward to painting some blue and green this time around. . .

Its ok, catastrophies are no fun.

That darn Tzeentch!

Btw, on the subject of Khorne magicks.

Doesn't Apoc have a Khorne Formation Special Rule called "Slick with Ensorcelled Blood" or something like that?

Also, finished my "Guppy" Slaanesh DP and Lords.

14160049654_9d95a3d6be_c.jpg

Yeah, sorry guys. I was actually looking forward to painting some blue and green this time around. . .

Current Imperial marks would work well as AL. Especially with the older mark bits in the tactical box. Be a nice "under cover" look.

Yeah, sorry guys. I was actually looking forward to painting some blue and green this time around. . .

Current Imperial marks would work well as AL. Especially with the older mark bits in the tactical box. Be a nice "under cover" look.

Totally agree with Forte here (again). Go Alpha Legion. Use them as 30K and post them here, where you can also use them. Chaos calls you!!!

@Kilofix. You paint so incredibly fast man. Unbelievable.

I also finished the base of my Warhound just this afternoon... Check out my WIP for pics. :-)

Edit: added link

I'm debating on that subject.  It also means I have to wait after my next paycheck, as the money I want to use for purchasing is going for a mother's day present to mom.

You mean your mom didn't want a Heldrake for Mother's Day?

She wanted a Japanese Maple.  We went to a diner, and then I bought her the tree and planted it for her.

Japanese maple, that is the one with the green or purplish leaves that bear a similarity to marijuana leaves if I am not mistaken.  My grandmother had one of those in her backyard that was close to 35' tall and I am pretty certain it was a Japanese maple.

As for my vow, Semper I realized I forgot to vow two sorcerers.  One was a Malamander Sorcerer and the other was Ahriman the Exile from the book Ahriman: Exile after he revealed himself to not be Horkos so he has studded pauldrons, blue armor with gray tabard, black Corvus helmet, and a Khopesh.  I had actually meant to ask you how I was to vow the exiled Ahriman, as Ahriman or as a regular Sorcerer.  Since I now have made my vow I will put them aside for the start of accumulating a second vow, but the question regarding the exiled Ahriman stands, how would it be best to vow the exiled Ahriman?

As for my vow, Semper I realized I forgot to vow two sorcerers. One was a Malamander Sorcerer and the other was Ahriman the Exile from the book Ahriman: Exile after he revealed himself to not be Horkos so he has studded pauldrons, blue armor with gray tabard, black Corvus helmet, and a Khopesh. I had actually meant to ask you how I was to vow the exiled Ahriman, as Ahriman or as a regular Sorcerer. Since I now have made my vow I will put them aside for the start of accumulating a second vow, but the question regarding the exiled Ahriman stands, how would it be best to vow the exiled Ahriman?

Well, if you make the effort to make him look special enough, I'm cool with him getting Ahriman points...

as it says in the FAQ:

Special Characters and “count-as” Special Characters

Special Characters are kind of a problem for ETL. They usually cost more than normal characters of similar stature due to their special rules or stats – both of which have no bearing in the ETL. However, such Characters exist in all factions so the effect is averaged out while the extra detail on the miniatures themselves ensures the effort to paint them is worth the premium. But what about Special Characters that do not have an official miniature out (tons of them in FW lists) or what if participants want to make their own version of a Special Character that may already have an official miniature out?

In that case we expect people to play in the spirit of the ETL and do the extra effort to present a miniature that will unmistakeably represent the Special Character in question. Kit-bash/convert the mini to the best of your ability not only with the correct loadout but with the extra attention that will make them stand out as true heroes of the faction. You also need to comply with the “irregularities” that certain Special Characters have. For example a DIY Azrael is expected to have the Watcher (apart from a combi-plasma and a cool sword) and Redmaw must have both the Werewolf and the “normal” version… If in doubt feel free to raise the issue with me before you commit.

@ Augustus: THAT TITAN MAN!!! WOW!!! blink.png

She wanted a Japanese Maple.  We went to a diner, and then I bought her the tree and planted it for her.

Japanese maple, that is the one with the green or purplish leaves that bear a similarity to marijuana leaves if I am not mistaken.  My grandmother had one of those in her backyard that was close to 35' tall and I am pretty certain it was a Japanese maple.

did it smell funky?

With the permission of Captain Semper, I renounced my vow for Angels of Death and joined my Executioners with the powers of Chaos.

I, Jiron, answer the call of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete two Centurions of Tyrant's Legion with power weapons in the form of Death Speakers of Executioners of total value of 150pts on or before August 1st. Success will bring eternal glory to the Executioners, the Laughing Axemen, sons of Dorn and failure will mark us as traitors once again and I will bear the Badge of Shame until the year-end.

As for my vow, Semper I realized I forgot to vow two sorcerers. One was a Malamander Sorcerer and the other was Ahriman the Exile from the book Ahriman: Exile after he revealed himself to not be Horkos so he has studded pauldrons, blue armor with gray tabard, black Corvus helmet, and a Khopesh. I had actually meant to ask you how I was to vow the exiled Ahriman, as Ahriman or as a regular Sorcerer. Since I now have made my vow I will put them aside for the start of accumulating a second vow, but the question regarding the exiled Ahriman stands, how would it be best to vow the exiled Ahriman?

Well, if you make the effort to make him look special enough, I'm cool with him getting Ahriman points...

as it says in the FAQ:

Special Characters and “count-as” Special Characters

Special Characters are kind of a problem for ETL. They usually cost more than normal characters of similar stature due to their special rules or stats – both of which have no bearing in the ETL. However, such Characters exist in all factions so the effect is averaged out while the extra detail on the miniatures themselves ensures the effort to paint them is worth the premium. But what about Special Characters that do not have an official miniature out (tons of them in FW lists) or what if participants want to make their own version of a Special Character that may already have an official miniature out?

In that case we expect people to play in the spirit of the ETL and do the extra effort to present a miniature that will unmistakeably represent the Special Character in question. Kit-bash/convert the mini to the best of your ability not only with the correct loadout but with the extra attention that will make them stand out as true heroes of the faction. You also need to comply with the “irregularities” that certain Special Characters have. For example a DIY Azrael is expected to have the Watcher (apart from a combi-plasma and a cool sword) and Redmaw must have both the Werewolf and the “normal” version… If in doubt feel free to raise the issue with me before you commit.

@ Augustus: THAT TITAN MAN!!! WOW!!! blink.png

Alright. I only questioned it as his equipment was different than the Codex Ahriman, having a bolt pistol and "borrowed" force khopesh (sword) rather than the Black Staff and inferno bolts.

SPOILER(-ish) ALERT - Ahriman: Exile Highlight below to read

By this time he had much of his psychic mastery back, but had yet to finish his transition from pre-Heresy Ahriman to Codex Ahriman and was still seeking Amon.

Archived